Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 09:18:32 AM

Author Topic: Nov 13 2017 Nashville, Bridgestone Arena  (Read 68 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Nov 13 2017 Nashville, Bridgestone Arena
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »
It’s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin’ Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Attitude
This I Love
Prostitute
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Slash Solo (Godfather)/ Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here/ November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Patience
Don't Cry
Madagascar
The Seeker
Paradise City

Remember, the last time this band played at Bridgestone Arena (in 2011), they started just shy of 11 p.m. That was a Sunday.

Of course, for the last two years, we've been in a triumphant, sentimental and strangely responsible era of Guns N' Roses.

Last year, frontman Axl Rose patched things up with long-estranged bandmates Slash and Duff McKagan, and they then embarked on a massive stadium tour,  which included a stop at Nashville's Nissan Stadium.

Their setlist at Bridgestone was 80% identical to the one used at their last Nashville show. But that didn't seem to matter to people who nearly packed the arena on Monday.

The room stayed full for the next 3 hours and 20 minutes, through a warm and familiar rock marathon that included "Welcome to the Jungle," "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "My Michelle" (the latter of which is quietly among the most beloved GNR tunes, judging by crowd volume.)

Rose — equally known for his signature screech and raspy baritone — was in fine form on Monday, as a singer and showman. Over the last 30 years, he's mastered the art of sprinting backwards and spinning on an axis with a microphone stand.

Slash wasn't outdone, at times bounding from one end of the stage to other, and at one point planting himself at the edge of the catwalk for an epic guitar solo that included the theme from "The Godfather."
http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2017/11/13/guns-n-roses-started-their-nashville-concert-exactly-7-p-m/859943001/