Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 09:19:10 AM

Author Topic: Nov 2nd 2017 Detroit, Little Caesar's Arena  (Read 50 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Nov 2nd 2017 Detroit, Little Caesar's Arena
« on: November 07, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
New Rose
This I Love
Prostitute
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Slash solo (The Godfather) / Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used to Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here / November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE

Don't Cry
Patience
Madagascar
The Seeker
Paradise City

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20171103/review-guns-n-roses-goes-loud-and-too-long-at-little-caesars
The top-hatted Slash, meanwhile, owned the evening. While frontman and GNR mainstay Axl Rose- seemed content to sing his parts and then slip back to what seemed to be his Zen spot in the stage corners, even limiting his trademark moves, his guitar-playing foil was in unapologetically indulgent form. Though bandmate Richard Fortus did his share of heavy lifting on songs such as “Chinese Democracy,” it was Slash who burned all night long, stretching out “Civil War,” “Coma,” “You Could Be Mine” and “November Rain” (introduced with the coda section of Derek and the Dominos’ “Layla”) and trading off with Fortus during an epic “Rocket Queen” and “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door.” His own solo segment, meanwhile, led into a band rendition of Nino Rota’s “Speak Softly Love (Love Theme From The Godfather),”

McKagan took his turn in the spotlight, singing a cover of the Damned’s “New Rose.” And Rose, whose days of going on stage hours after starting time seem to be a thing of the past (the show started at 8 p.m.), looked robust as he changed looks several times throughout the show; His voice, however, sounded a bit road-weary from 19 months of touring with GNR and AC/DC, although his wails were still roof-raising and he did a fine job on quieter fare such as “Yesterdays,” “This I Love,” “Don’t Cry” and “Patience.”

Another review:
https://www.metrotimes.com/city-slang/archives/2017/11/03/review-guns-n-roses-show-restraint-in-detroit