Please login or register. November 25, 2017, 06:46:41 AM

Author Topic: Duff interview  (Read 138 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Duff interview
« on: September 11, 2017, 12:10:50 PM »
http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-duff-mckagan-performing-chinese-democracy-songs/

“It’s great,” McKagan says of playing tracks from the album, which neither he nor guitarist Slash were a part of recording. “Axl, he put a lot into that record. I think Slash and I were challenged with a thing, like, ‘How do we make these kinda ours now?’ Cause we’re gonna play these; we’re gonna take ownership of these. And we went in and learned them and started playing them with [drummer] Frank [Ferrer] and then [guitarist] Rich [Fortus]. Let’s tear these songs down and really know them and then build it up from there.”

McKagan says they know “a bunch” of the songs from Chinese Democracy, but it depends on the set list during a particular show which ones will get played.

Jericho asked the bassist what song is hardest for him to play each night, and he says it’s the little parts are the most challenging, like when the bass comes in on “Sweet Child O’ Mine.” He says, “You can’t f–k that up. Everybody there is listening at that point. You gotta be on.”