Please login or register. September 26, 2017, 03:31:37 PM

Author Topic: Who's NOT going to see GNR in 2017?  (Read 730 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Who's NOT going to see GNR in 2017?
« on: December 05, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »
Thread for all those who do not want to see GN'R next year (seen it all before, too expensive etc.)!  :rolleyes:

So, who is NOT going?  :D

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
Re: Who's NOT going to see GNR in 2017?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 04:29:19 AM »
If I had the chance... Id only go for Slash

Lately I can't stand how misogynistic the whole GNR stuff is (lyrics / album covers / Axl's attitudes. Specially Axl's attitudes) and I cant understand how I didnt notice it before

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »
Different times... All these lyrics were written in the 80s/early 90s. It bothers me too, but I kinda want to close this chapter, if you know what I mean. One show and I am done.

RisingBoy

• A Stranger We Met
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 02:15:19 AM »
I feel I am not going this time:

1) No scheduled show for Barcelona in 2017.
2) Tickets priced out of any reason. at least in Spain. They care nothing for the fans.
3) Stadiums instead of arenas.
3) Reunion just for money, not willing to share something new.
4) Always same setlist.
5) Saw them together before in 1992.
6) Saw Chidem Tour, saw Velvet Revolver.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 11:49:03 AM »
Well, I'm not really thinking about NOT going... but at the moment I don't want to spend that much money for a show I'll get to see in about 6-7 months (if I'm still alive then)...

Also, an old friend of mine has managed to obtain tickets for (seemingly) "sold-out" gigs at decent prices via "Ebay small ads", so I might give that a try next year.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »
I'm not going on principle.  The prices are a fucking joke. 
W.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 06:09:24 PM »
The prices are a fucking joke.

Compared to other bands who play the big places (stadiums etc.), I would say these prices are "normal". Not sure if I want to pay them though...  :rolleyes:

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »
I'm not going on principle.  The prices are a fucking joke.

If they come to the north, you'd be a fool to give the show a miss. :tear: O2 is a tad too far away, I'll give you that.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 01:11:52 PM »
Compared to other bands who play the big places (stadiums etc.), I would say these prices are "normal". Not sure if I want to pay them though...  :rolleyes:

I disagree.  I paid less than £70 to stand front row and centre at AC/DC... These "Golden Circle" tickets are £315 excluding booking fees... Fuck that.  That is the tip of the iceberg when you look at the VIP packages that are available....   

No thank you.  I wouldn't even pay that for the REAL Guns N' Roses lineup.  The general standing price is close to £100, which if it were the real lineup may be acceptable to me. 

Seems that Axl wasn't able to fill stadiums and his pockets with his new lineups so he has decided to swell those coffers now that he has a bit of name power again with legitimate gunners. 

I hope everyone that does go has a great time, and I know that some will not understand my stance but I am sticking with it. 

Izzy hinted it was about the moolah, Now I see he was right...

Shove your inflated tour prices right up your fucking botoxed arse!

W/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:16:23 PM by Worchild »
W.

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 02:17:42 PM »
The prices are a fucking joke.

Not just the prices. :~
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »
I hope everyone that does go has a great time, and I know that some will not understand my stance but I am sticking with it. 

I do understand and I wouldn't buy FOS tickets anyway. Never been my thing. Apart from seeing the musicians closer, I don't feel the need (sound is often too loud, lightshow/screens are lost on you etc.)!

I will see if I can get to Munich (or anywhere else), but I won't pay more than 99 Euro.

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »
I'm shocked at the fact that most people agree on how expensive the tickets are... I thought it was just my perception due to our economy and the fact that EVERYTHING is ridiculously expensive

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »
I think Michael is right, these guys got some money in advance to do this tour, and now the tickets are priced accordingly. Same reason they didn't want to pay Izzy, as someone had already bought the tour with the 3 of them on board... Agree about AC/DC man, I had the same experience when they played in Athens. Great show btw.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »
Already linked this in the GNR news section, but again, as it's about the prices:
This is big, big business. But in amongst all this naked and unashamed corporatisation of rebellion (did you know you could access London pre-sale tickets if you were an American Express card member?) nobody seems remotely worried about the many genuine Guns fans who have been systematically priced out of the market.

Those eye-watering ticket prices are a perfect example of a greater modern malaise, a two-tier society where everything with market value is priced based entirely on maxing out on profit, on demanding what the market will sustain and nothing else.

... Why not just accept the passage of time, watch the old clips and not worry about participating in such a highly costly event? Wouldn’t that be way more rock‘n’roll than standing at the back of the Enormodome, looking at a giant screen and convincing yourself that you’re having an authentic experience? Nowadays your choices aren’t as binary. You can’t expect Guns N’ Roses to care about you or your bank balance. What you can do, though, is refuse to play their game.

http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-12-09/opinion-guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-not-at-those-prices?cb1=1
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:43:19 AM by Backfromthedead »

Faxl

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 05:05:14 PM »
Only shit seats left for one of the London shows, something like £168 TO BEGIN WITH, without all the nonsense fees they stick on. And that's without hotel, travel and other costs. Dammit

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »
Only shit seats left for one of the London shows, something like £168 TO BEGIN WITH, without all the nonsense fees they stick on. And that's without hotel, travel and other costs. Dammit

This sucks so much