Please login or register. May 30, 2017, 02:05:18 PM

Author Topic: Metallica’s Kirk Hammett calls Guns N’ Roses a ‘nostalgia act’  (Read 199 times)

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
Metallica’s Kirk Hammett calls Guns N’ Roses a ‘nostalgia act’
Nick Levine 6:58 pm - Nov 14, 2016

Metallica’s Kirk Hammett has suggested Guns N’ Roses have become a “nostalgia act” with their recent reunion tour.

GN’R packed stadiums across North America on this summer’s Not In This Lifetime… Tour, but have not released an album since 2008’s ‘Chinese Democracy’. That album was in itself the band’s first in 15 years.

“Unfortunately, they’ve turned into somewhat of a nostalgia act, which to me is kind of sad,” Hammett told the LA Times.

Metallica, by contrast, are preparing to release ‘Hardwired… To Self-Destruct’, their first album since 2008.

“I don’t want to think we’re trying to stay young by writing new stuff, but it makes us feel relevant,” Hammett’s bandmate James Hetfield explained. “It makes us feel like we’re still progressing.”

Metallica release ‘Hardwired.. To Self Destruct’ this Friday (November 18). Halloween saw the band unveil their new single ‘Atlas, Rise!’ – check it out here.

The day of release sees the band not only head to London’s HMV Oxford Street for a midnight signing with fans, but also play a special, intimate show at the House Of Vans among other “special events” – visit here for details.

Meanwhile, James Hetfield has revealed what he thinks late bassist Cliff Burton would have thought of the records the band made after his death.

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/metallicas-kirk-hammett-calls-guns-1854086

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Re: Metallica’s Kirk Hammett calls Guns N’ Roses a ‘nostalgia act’
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:35:26 AM »
Metallica’s Kirk Hammett has suggested Guns N’ Roses have become a “nostalgia act” with their recent reunion tour.

Ah well, he's not wrong. We might've found out without him though...  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 09:37:56 AM by Backfromthedead »

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »
The irony is that Metallica too is a nostalgia act. :yao:

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 09:24:35 AM »
http://www.straight.com/music/829786/lets-talk-about-guns-n-roses-thebrex-pistols-and-bass-player-who-didnt-wash-his-hair-10
Kirk Hammett told the L.A. Times that Guns N’ Roses is “a nostalgia act”, dismissing the band as “kind of sad”. Even sadder is that Hammett thinks people buy Metallica tickets to hear songs from St. Anger and Death Magnetic.
:lol:

Not so funny is this:
Tommy Stinson—famous as the bassist for the Replacements and Chinese Democracy-era Guns N’ Roses—is re-forming Bash & Pop, the band he started in 1992 during the alt-rock boom. The bad news is that it’s 2016 and no one cares about Bash & Pop or, for that matter, Tommy Stinson.
:(
(I don't really care if he calls it Bash & Pop, but I am looking forward to hear new songs from Stinson!)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:25:28 AM by Backfromthedead »