Please login or register. June 29, 2017, 04:51:24 AM

Author Topic: European tour 2017  (Read 3848 times)

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
Re: European tour 2017
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 04:30:46 PM »
I think I am going to do this nevertheless, because I honestly won't get the chance to see them again, be it because this tour might not be repeated or because of other commitments...

RisingBoy

• A Stranger We Met
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 02:19:33 AM »
Anyway, I find this announcement so thrilling, I've decided to start a "roll call" for all those not going this time:
http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=55001.0
 :lol:

I have just posted there accordingly....

RisingBoy

• A Stranger We Met
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:18 AM »
Looks like there could be also a second european leg visiting cities not covered by the first, just the way ACDC did not long ago...... I don´t feel this could be your last chance to see them live, it´s big business...

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »
Ticket prices for Germany range from 82 euro (standing) up to 148 Euro (seating).

https://www.rollingstone.de/guns-n-roses-live-2017-vorverkauf-laeuft-das-sind-die-preise-1165723/

"Front of Stage" however is more expensive at 166 Euro (or was, as they're gone now - however some clever people resell them for up to 250...)!  :O
https://www.rollingstone.de/fansale-von-eventim-tickets-fuer-guns-n-roses-zu-hohen-preise-1165739/

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 04:10:47 PM »
I got a ticket for the London show. Standing ticket. Got it through the o2 priority pre sale. Ticket was £84. Total cost once service charge and postal charge came to £100.45p. but!. I have a ticket and I don't have to worry about the general sale on Friday.

It's funny. Ppl r worrying it will sell out really fast. This is where there are still tickets over the weekend.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2016, 06:52:57 PM »
Won't be surprised if the London show is sold out... :rockon:

chainsmoker

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2016, 07:23:49 PM »
I got front of the stage tickets for London, although I should imagine the golden circle will still be a huge pit :/

I'll go to the second night too, when they add it.

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2016, 07:27:42 PM »
I got front of the stage tickets for London, although I should imagine the golden circle will still be a huge pit :/

I'll go to the second night too, when they add it.

I did have a look at golden circle. But for £160 odd pounds plus fees on top. Couldn't do it. I think I'll just stick with the one show myself. Long as I see them I'm happy.

chainsmoker

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2016, 07:33:49 PM »

I did have a look at golden circle. But for £160 odd pounds plus fees on top. Couldn't do it. I think I'll just stick with the one show myself. Long as I see them I'm happy.

Yeah it was a lot to pay out, it was £150 with a ridiculous fee on top. For me it's worth it though, been wanting this to happen for 20 years :D

I'll certainly be going to show number two, normal GA though. There is no other band I would pay this amount of money to see.

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »
Yeah it was a lot to pay out, it was £150 with a ridiculous fee on top. For me it's worth it though, been wanting this to happen for 20 years :D

I'll certainly be going to show number two, normal GA though. There is no other band I would pay this amount of money to see.

That's fair. I have seen GNR. (Axl and friends 3 times) but never the orignal line up. So this will be my first time. Well closest I'm ever going to get anyway. I have waited 15 years for it myself.  (I'm 27).

Long as I'm there I'm happy.

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2016, 12:40:28 PM »
Seems like a second London date has been added.

Does anyone know what you get with the nightrain membership?
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

Backfromthedead

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 10:38:52 AM »
Article discussing the prices:
http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-12-09/opinion-guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-not-at-those-prices?cb1=1

The band will play the London Stadium on Friday June 16 and 17 next year, and the 160,000 available tickets will doubtless be snapped up by fans eager to either re-live their wasted youth or see what all the fuss over “the most dangerous band in the world” was really all about. Each and every one of these folk will be made to pay for the privilege, though. Ticket prices range from £84 to £138.50, and that’s without mentioned the inevitable booking fee on top.

You might reckon these kind of prices would make people think twice – maybe even three times – about going to see men in their 50s reliving the glory days of their 20s. As much as the reviews of Slash, Duff and Axl’s traveling roadshow have been positive, a quick look at the original Paradise City video from 1988 puts it all into perspective. The glory days were then, not now. To many people, though, this doesn’t seem to matter. (...)

I guess it’s fatuous to ask Slash, Axl and Duff to retain some sort of loyalty to rock’s original spirit. It’s business, man, and Americans tend to feel that financial success is the only measure by which you’re judged in any arena. Why should music be any different? The more you can charge for a gig ticket, the greater your band’s validity.

So the question really is this. In a connected media age when we have instant access to endless footage of bands in their pomp, why do we need to spend so much to see older, chubbier, more lined versions of the original? Why not just accept the passage of time, watch the old clips and not worry about participating in such a highly costly event? Wouldn’t that be way more rock‘n’roll than standing at the back of the Enormodome, looking at a giant screen and convincing yourself that you’re having an authentic experience?

My answer to this question is this: I went to some concerts over the years (must be hundreds now, club gigs and bigger shows), nothing can replace the "experience" of being there and hearing "live music". No video, no audio, no memory in your head... Doesn't matter if it's an old band doing old stuff or a new one trying out their new songs on an unsuspecting audience. You need to be there to take it all in: the atmosphere of the live show, the lights, the loudness, the guitarist pouring out sweat...

Does anyone know what you get with the nightrain membership?

No, but should be easy to find out via the official GNR website? I heard about a t-shirt, I think...

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
Article discussing the prices:
http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-12-09/opinion-guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-not-at-those-prices?cb1=1

My answer to this question is this: I went to some concerts over the years (must be hundreds now, club gigs and bigger shows), nothing can replace the "experience" of being there and hearing "live music". No video, no audio, no memory in your head... Doesn't matter if it's an old band doing old stuff or a new one trying out their new songs on an unsuspecting audience. You need to be there to take it all in: the atmosphere of the live show, the lights, the loudness, the guitarist pouring out sweat...

No, but should be easy to find out via the official GNR website? I heard about a t-shirt, I think...

I have seen a few articles on fb popping up saying how high the ticket prices are. But here is the thing. Like any band enough ppl will pay the ticket price. There will always be people complaining about it. And this is not just a GNR thing. I could name you a few bands that cost the same if not more.

AC/DC was not cheap
Bruce Springsteen I looked a few years ago at a Wembley Stadium date. Tickets were £100. Fee's not included either
Hell Rolling Stones. Cost hundreds for their 50th anniversary tour.

Not to even mention the pop acts. Taylor swift, Justin Bieber etc.

I'm sorry but it's about time some people grew up. At the end of the day if you can't afford to go. It's a shame I'm sure but slatting the price and he'll ppl that are "dum enough to pay the prices". It's going to solve it.

Some people and I fully admit are one of them have waited most their life to see them live. It costs alot granted. But if you want to see them ppl will. Hell clearly enough ppl are. Or 2nd date wouldn't be added.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »
Like any band enough ppl will pay the ticket price. There will always be people complaining about it. And this is not just a GNR thing.

I'm sorry but it's about time some people grew up.

While I do not agree with everything said in above article, I think it is quite a balanced and "grown-up" view of things.

Especially with sentences like these:
Should Guns N’ Roses care? They’re surely not the same fucked-up people they were when the band first started. ...
It’s business, man, and Americans tend to feel that financial success is the only measure by which you’re judged in any arena. Why should music be any different?

You can’t expect Guns N’ Roses to care about you or your bank balance.

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2016, 11:01:07 PM »
First London date is basically sold out!. 1 o or 2 websites saying it's actually sold out but had a look abit earlier on Ticketmaster. Standing/gold circle has gone. Most seat's have gone. Only one left at the time were rather at the far bk.

Really tempted to get hold of the venue and see if it is sold out tomorrow or Monday and ask what the capacity is. I know it's 80,000 normally but they deduct the seats to make up the stage (seat's behind the stage).

Biggest gig have been to is Metallica at Wembley Stadium in 2007. That was 62/63,000 people. (around about). Remember them announcing it. Me thinks that will be beaten. :).