Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 09:41:21 PM

Author Topic: Bilingual people (Trixi for example...)  (Read 1386 times)

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
Re: Bilingual people (Trixi for example...)
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hands down the best post i've seen in ages  :bow: :bow: :bow:
W.

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »
This forum has the potential of becoming an educational force!  :thumbsup:

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
During the survival class:
we learnt to make and put off fire, to make water potable, to build shelters, to make fire signals mm... cant remember what else, but it was exhausting

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »
What is this mask for on picture three?

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2016, 09:15:31 PM »
What is this mask for on picture three?

That's the BPE (breathing protective equipment). it provides you with safe oxigen and can resist up to 5000 degrees. You're supposed to put it on first as well as the gloves and then proceed to attack the fire... but you're supposed to keep it under control before 2 minutes and we spent like 4 getting all this on ...  :ninja:

xogabbyox

• A Classic Case
  • we're all alright.
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 03:21:08 AM »
now this is a bit off topic but i have a question for spanish bilingual people...i live in Miami right now and obviously everyone speaks spanish here..any suggestions for how to get back into speaking spanish? I took the language for 9 years and used to write 5-6 page papers in spanish but im shit at actually speaking it which is a skill i need as nurse here!
Good looking girls are hard to find, that's why you don't see me too often.
just for you Trixi.

Anyone who fucks with Gabby has TSC to answer to!

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 10:50:29 AM »
I think the key to speaking any language is actual speaking. It may seem weird, but try talking to yourself in Spanish. Just make sure no one else is around. :lol: Thinking in Spanish might also help, that trick worked for me when I was learning English. I'm sure Stifler's Mom has more tips. :nod:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »
I think the key to speaking any language is actual speaking.

I agree. I learned English at school - and a bit of French too. But most of my French is lost, because I never really practised it (my visits to France in recent years came too late).
English I kept practising by listening to songs & reading the lyrics, reading English books and most of all by talking. It's helpful if you "must", e.g. when I travelled to London, I had to use English... this is the best way to learn it.

...i live in Miami right now and obviously everyone speaks spanish here.

Thus, my advice is: speak to them in Spanish!!  :thumbsup:

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »
now this is a bit off topic but i have a question for spanish bilingual people...i live in Miami right now and obviously everyone speaks spanish here..any suggestions for how to get back into speaking spanish? I took the language for 9 years and used to write 5-6 page papers in spanish but im shit at actually speaking it which is a skill i need as nurse here!

The key is exposure to the language. So listen as much as you can: watch films in Spanish, read in Spanish, Listen to music in Spanish and like Trixi said, speak in Spanish. I tried to learn Portuguese alone and it's sort of working:
I bought a language book with grammar activities and a CD for practising listenings, I listen to music in Portuguese and Im using DUOLINGO  :banana

DUOLINGO is addictive, download this app to your cellphone and once you start you never stop. Yesterday I was fooling around and I picked up Russian  :lol: 

xogabbyox

• A Classic Case
  • we're all alright.
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 08:10:22 PM »
the hardest part for me is the speaking in spanish haha, it always has been! I can read it and listen to it just fine and understand people but my speaking abilities are awful haha! but i guess i'll read more things in spanish and try speaking in only that to my patients. I never anticipated having this problem in miami which is naive of me
Good looking girls are hard to find, that's why you don't see me too often.
just for you Trixi.

Anyone who fucks with Gabby has TSC to answer to!

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 10:51:26 PM »
I've always had the same problem with Russian. Swear words come easy but that's about it. :lol:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 03:45:00 AM »
and finally the ditching drill  :D   :D  What did I learn from this experience? That I am by no means in shape to pass another drill like this one (and once you're employed you're supposed to repeat all this every 2 years). It was more than exhausting, I'm a weak ass!!!  :(    This is what we had to do:

First the instructor told us: "swim from one side to the other one. If we consider that you're not a good swimmer, then we'll order you to get out from the water, get dressed and put on the life jacket." I had just started swimming and I was taken out from the water  :shy:    Then we jumped in the water again and we had to carry "injured people" with another classmate. If this was breathtaking, coming back to the other side carrying somebody with no help at all was even worse. All time long the instructors shot a jet of water to us in order to make it more "real"... so swimming pool water is not tasty at all  >(    Then we were taught to climb and get into the raft... I swear I just couldn't do it.. I dunno whether I was too tired of swimming or what, but I had no strengh in my arms to lift my body up and to jump inside. After too much of a self-embarrasment, I made it... but I ended up more out of breath than Axl Rose in 2006. Then we learnt how to help injured or unconscious people get IN the raft, how to arrange its roof (yes, it's got a magnificent roof which prevents it from flooding and it helps people to keep warm in the cold sea) and finally, when we were almost in coma, we learnt to make signals in case we had no raft (to form a circle and kick and kick into the water in order to be seen from an airplane). Almost 3 hours of hardwork in water... I'm in coma now. That's why I'll stop typing   :wasted: :wasted: :wasted: :wasted: :smoke:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:57:00 AM by Stifler's Mom »

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 03:49:13 AM »
so... swimming is reaaaaally important, next month I'll take it up in a nearby club or I won't pass the recurrents

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 03:57:53 AM »
Guess who I am here  :ninja:

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »
Axl Rose was not that much out of breath in 2006. :lol: :lol: :lol: Impossible to tell who you are on these pictures. And who is taking these pictures anyway? :ninja: Sounds like almost all your training is about dealing with situations which will (hopefully!) never materialise.