Please login or register. June 28, 2017, 01:23:56 AM

Author Topic: Bilingual people (Trixi for example...)  (Read 1130 times)

Stifler's Mom

• Very Old At Heart
Bilingual people (Trixi for example...)
« on: October 02, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
I strongly stroooongly stroooongly recommend that you take the cabin crew course. I'll get the license around December and I love it so much that I just regret in my heart of hearts not to have done this at least 5 years ago, so go on and do it while you be under 34. I'll list the pros n cons below:

Pros:
1) You can't even calculate how much you earn cause you've got a fixed basic tax free salary + hours onboard + layover days (the days you have to remain in the country you arrive in order to "rest" before the following flight) + FREE tickets for you and your family. Yes, airlines give you tickets for free cause they take on that you're somebody who could help on board in case of an emergency. You also have free tickets for your family. Emirates for instance gives you 10 free tickets a year. and to me, travelling is priceless <3

2) If you work for a foreign company they give you accommodation and quite often the food.

3) the job is exciting  :banana   work schedules tend to take up between 70 and 90 hours on board a month  and that means spending lots of time in airports and that means lots of time to have coffee at the airports café and I lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOVE TO HAVE COFFEES IN  CAFETERIAS <3 <3 <3

4) For working for an airline you've got free tickets and all kinds of discounts at hotels and restaurants.

5) Everytime you have to fly, the airline sends you a private car to pick you up

6) Lots of spare time at home, which you could use to study, to relax, to raise your children (contrarily to what people tend to believe)

7) In some countries it is necessary to have a license (like here in Argentina), in some countries it isn't. But in case you need the license, the cabin crew course is really short. It lasts between 4 or 6 months

The cons:

1) health issues for working inside of a pressurized tube 10.000 feet above ground (like varicose veins)
2) if the cabin gets a depressurization you could have severe ear problems afterwards
3) 10.000 feet above there's a lot of radiation.

^ that's why you  can retire at the age of 50.

Now, there're a lot of false believes about being a cabin crew member: you're something like an air waitress and you've got a lover in every airport of the world (the last part is true  :evil:  ). But the "smiling face waitress" look is just a facade to hide your true role: you're safety agent on board and your main task is to help transport safely each and every moron who'll turn up his cellphone and smoke in the bathroom.

So take a chance and use wisely the time you have  :thumbsup:   
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:36:15 PM by Stifler's Mom »

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Re: Bilingual people (Trixi for example...)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »
Now, there're a lot of false believes about being a cabin crew member: you're something like an air waitress and you've got a lover in every airport of the world (the last part is true  :evil:  ).

Let me know whenever you land in Germany (Stuttgart, Munich...)!  :unibrow:

In Germany there was a not-so-nice "word" for female cabin crew members: "Saftschubse" (which can be translated as "juice pusher")...  :rolleyes:

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:45:46 AM »
Well, if my plan A fails, why not... :lol:

Stifler's Mom

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 12:17:44 PM »

In Germany there was a not-so-nice "word" for female cabin crew members: "Saftschubse" (which can be translated as "juice pusher")...  :rolleyes:

Hey, that was my nickname when I was at highschool... Teaching   :coffee
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 12:50:01 PM by Stifler's Mom »

Stifler's Mom

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 12:52:20 PM »

yes, yes do it!!!!! Emirates doesnt even demand you to have professional training in this, cause they take you to Dubai and they train you in their own way. They only care about your fluency in English + your presence + your "common sense"  You could follow plan B for 2 or 3 years and then go back to plan A ;)

Backfromthedead

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 06:32:42 PM »
Hey, that was my nickname when I was at highschool... Teaching   :coffee

Well then you're used to it already.  :lol:

I'm not under 34, so not my next career move, I guess.  :tear:

Stifler's Mom

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 06:55:00 PM »
Well then you're used to it already.  :lol:

I'm not undera 34, so not my next career move, I guess.  :tear:

The age límit is cause they claim to hire athletic, task-solving kind of people. But there's no age limit for working at the land side. So if you worked at the airport checkin you'd still havesimilar benefits

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 10:25:51 PM »
It's something I would totally do, if I didn't hate people. :giggle:

I can already imagine all the ladies asking for more refreshments. :lol:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 08:50:56 AM »

I can just picture you leaving the plane after a hard day's work...

W.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »
The age límit is cause they claim to hire athletic, task-solving kind of people. But there's no age limit for working at the land side. So if you worked at the airport checkin you'd still havesimilar benefits

How did you manage the nigh-on-impossible task of adding an "a" to that quote of mine?  :?:

Anyway, the airport is not too far, if other things fail, it might be a plan B or C.  :D

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »
I can just picture you leaving the plane after a hard day's work...

Only difference is I can't afford to buy that suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »
Only difference is I can't afford to buy that suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHA

In all honesty though i hate air travel.  From the hassle at airports to the screaming kids to the moronic strangers... Air travel would be better and more bearable long haul if you could just do everything self service.  Also, I know how to fasten/release a seatbelt, i don't want any tea or coffee, I can inflate a life vest (only after i have exited the aircraft) and i can read the safety card/follow the illuminated pathways to the emergency exits.  The safety part is irrelevant anyway because we all know that 99% of people would snap every other fuckers neck to get out of a flaming can rather than calmly wait and file out in an orderly fashion.... I'd be disappointed if the cabin crew felt that the passengers lives were more important than their own and didn't join in the survival of the fittest free for all.  :yao:

Maybe i will re-evaluate my opinion and change my mind when they invent a way of allowing you to take a piss whenever you want without having the annoyance of some trolley blocking the way.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:05:37 PM by The Gaffer »
W.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »
i don't want any tea or coffee

:O :O :O

Maybe i will re-evaluate my opinion and change my mind when they invent a way of allowing you to take a piss whenever you want without having the annoyance of some trolley blocking the way.

It's called booking a seat in the rear of the plane. You also get to board on the plane earlier than other passengers (with most airlines).

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 12:29:01 PM »
That's why I love you Menelaos, always there to solve my gripes.   :love2:
W.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 01:07:17 PM »
That's why I love you Menelaos, always there to solve my gripes.   :love2:

Always happy to serve.