Please login or register. October 17, 2017, 10:18:50 AM

Author Topic: Pitman sues Axl  (Read 1224 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Pitman sues Axl
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:29:15 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/13/axl-rose-lawsuit-guns-n-roses-engineer-unpaid-wages/

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-keyboardist-chris-pitman-sues-axl-rose/
According to TMZ, former GUNS N' ROSES member Chris Pitman has filed a lawsuit against the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, over an unpaid debt for services the multi-instrumentalist provided to the group. Pitman claims that Rose wrote him a promissory note for $125,000 that he was owed for over a year's worth of work. In the suit, Pitman claims that Rose was supposed to pay up by October 2012, but has failed to do so. Pitman says that Rose now owes him more than $163,000 with interest.

Pitman joined GUNS N' ROSES in 1998 and remained in the band's lineup until earlier this year. During his time with the band, Pitman served as a second keyboardist, second bassist, provided backing vocals and added some percussion and programming during the group's shows. He also did some co-writing with the band over the years.

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
Re: Pitman sues Axl
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »
 :giggle:

Pitman claims that Rose was supposed to pay up by October 2012

Why didn't he take action then? Why wait so long? :smirk:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 01:38:09 PM »
Why didn't he take action then?

Probably 'cause Axl said "don't worry, I'll pay you next year, after the World Tour"...  :rolleyes:

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »
Exactly what services did he provide to the band?

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »
All I can think of Chris Pitman is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3OVSRgah0Y.

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 10:05:49 PM »
Probably 'cause Axl said "don't worry, I'll pay you next year, after the World Tour"...  :rolleyes:

And when he saw no money he decided to wait till he was replaced. :rolleyes:

I like where this is going. :lol: :lol:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 01:01:27 AM »
Well, if you were promissed a certain amount then they should certainly pay you. But the whole "interests" thing is utter bullshit and I aint saying that cause Im an Argie  :ninja:

All I can think of Chris Pitman is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3OVSRgah0Y.

LOL I think I love you for having posted this  :lol: :lol: :lol:  " pitman goes crazy with a shaker"

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 09:15:39 AM »
LOL I think I love you for having posted this  :lol: :lol: :lol:  " pitman goes crazy with a shaker"

3:30-3:55 my favourite part

Backfromthedead

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Well, if you were promissed a certain amount then they should certainly pay you. But the whole "interests" thing is utter bullshit ...

That is the "normal" thing to do when you're owed money. Ask any lawyer or financial "expert".

And when he saw no money he decided to wait till he was replaced. :rolleyes:

I don't know. Maybe he trusted Axl to pay him one day ("don't worry, you're in my band, you're my mate, we wrote songs together"...) until he found out the truth.
Pure speculation of course, maybe one day we'll hear what supposedly happened.

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 03:32:01 PM »
Judging from his tweets earlier this year, he's just pissed off he's not part of the reunion.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 06:36:26 PM »
... he's not part of the reunion.

Maybe that's when he realised he won't get his money. Maybe that's when he realised Axl is not his buddy any more...  Maybe, just maybe.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 08:51:43 AM »

These are all lined up here:

Chris Pitman filled a variety of roles in the band, especially in the studio. He primarily played keyboards, but also bass, drums, sang backup vocals and helped with engineering.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/09/16/former-guns-n-roses-man-sues-axl-rose.htm

Pitman says in his lawsuit that he was "a loyal and dedicated engineer and musician for Axl Rose" for nearly 18 years. During that time, he says, he was "toiling at all hours" for more than a year without pay — one of many unpaid employees at the time. He says the promissory note of Oct. 4, 2011, came due a year later.
"While Guns N' Roses are currently making multi-millions of dollars in 2016 for their corporate brand. Axl has failed to pay Chris, forcing him to bring this action," Pitman says in the complaint.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:54:20 AM by Backfromthedead »

Backfromthedead

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 12:54:11 AM »
'Pitman wanted Rose to pay him more than $163,000 with interest, but apparently accepted "much less," according to TMZ, with the exact terms of the settlement remaining confidential.'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unbelievable that this man will go down in history as a member of Guns n' Roses.