Please login or register. April 28, 2017, 01:39:09 AM

Author Topic: Looks like Axl is fronting AC/DC for the remainder of their tour.  (Read 8358 times)

chainsmoker

• Used To Do A Little
Re: Looks like Axl is fronting AC/DC for the remainder of their tour.
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2016, 04:13:13 PM »
I don't know how much more crystal clear you need things to be. It would be a miracle if Brian were to return to AC/DC and carry on like Axl never happened!

There are many facts regarding AC/DC and Brian to make enough of a very good guess that there's not much hope of a future for them, don't you think?

Hints in reality? What about Cliff wants to finish touring and studio work with Acca Dacca at the end of the American run, would he if he knew Brian were coming back???

Look at all of their recent promo vids, it's either Bon or Axl, no mention of Brian at all. Kick in the balls or what?!?!

I fucking well wouldn't go back if I were him, you can't blame him. Angus banging on about how he can mix up the set with Axl, Axl Axl Axl, he's great ain't he?? Blah blah blah!!

Clearly I don't know 100% what Brian will do, and yes it was my opinion. Maybe I will be more careful next time to tag on "imo" onto everything I post, just in case someone else has sand in their vagina!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:16:39 PM by chainsmoker »

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »
There are many facts regarding AC/DC and Brian to make enough of a very good guess that there's not much hope of a future for them, don't you think?

What about Cliff wants to finish touring and studio work with Acca Dacca at the end of the American run, would he if he knew Brian were coming back???

I don't know, you're the one who seems to be "in the know"?  :?:
Cliff talked about "retiring" as far as I know, with no connection to the singer(s) at all.

Thanks for other comments, shows what kinda troll you are.  :argh

Backfromthedead

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »
Here we go, Cliff had already met his decision before the tour!
Asked by Rolling Stone in a new interview if he thinks Cliff's decision to retire is related to Brian leaving, Angus said: "Cliff made it known before we'd even started touring — this would be his last. Besides myself, Cliff has been there the longest, since 1977. Cliff and Brian are in the same age bracket. They like to go out, hit the pubs. They had the bond."

Regarding whether he has thought his own future after the tour ends, Angus said: "At this point, I don't know. We were committed to finishing the tour. Who knows what I'll feel after? When you sign on and say, 'I'm gonna do this and that,' it's always good to say at the end of it, 'I've done all I said I would do.'
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/angus-young-talks-acdc-future-cliff-williams-decision-to-retire/

Backfromthedead

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2016, 04:44:48 PM »
More from the Angus interview:

Axl is used to running his own ship. Did you have to talk to him about how you do things – like being on time?
He's been really good. He prepares himself, ready to go. We sit and chew the fat before we get on, work out what songs we want to do. It's gotta be fun for him, and for us. In the beginning, he was confined [with a foot injury] to that chair he borrowed from Dave Grohl. But as soon as he could, he was out and moving.

How did you get Axl to step in for Brian?
Axl contacted a production guy who had done stuff for us. He said, "I know these guys. They have a work ethic. They want to finish these dates." He volunteered. He came to a rehearsal place we set up in Atlanta, and he'd done his homework. He had a few songs like "Touch Too Much" [on 1979's Highway to Hell] – "Can you play this one?" "No, we never learned it." We had never attempted to play it live.

Does Axl sound more like Brian or the late Bon Scott?
He's more in the Bon style – the rock & roll character. And he's got his own folksy humor. He's pretty quick with a quip. Axl has different vocal ranges. You can hear him one way in a Bon song. Then he can flip and do Brian, the higher register. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/acdcs-angus-young-talks-retirement-malcolm-young-w432078

Backfromthedead

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLVdpfsuLY0
AC/DC & Axl Rose - Live Wire (Greensboro, North Carolina 8.27.16)

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
From the last US show
https://youtu.be/po_wpzLRAhM

Rumour has it that Angus will not retire and plans to continue with AC/DC, maybe even new material with Axl (?)...

Backfromthedead

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2016, 10:58:54 AM »
Still, nothing is "crystal clear"...

Now that the AC/DC Rock or Bust tour has fizzled to an end no-one knows what the band will do next, if anything.

Angus Young has shared a few words with fans at ACDC.com but has given no hint about the future of the band.
http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/100471/Angus-Young-talks-about-end-of-Rock-or-Bust-Tour

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2016, 09:51:03 AM »
Why is Brian not coming back? Thought he said he was doing better?

Backfromthedead

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2016, 10:13:01 AM »
Why is Brian not coming back?

No one seems to know (so far).  :coffee

Backfromthedead

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »
Thought he said he was doing better?

He might be back on stage within 6 months - but, we don't know if Angus wants him back, we don't know if he'll want to "rejoin" AC/DC.  :(

http://loudwire.com/brian-johnson-back-onstage-six-months-new-hearing-technology/

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2016, 10:06:14 AM »
I hope he gets well soon and is able to perform live again! Great frontman. :thumbsup:

Backfromthedead

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2016, 07:26:38 PM »
http://societyofrock.com/brian-johnson-is-back-and-trust-us-you-want-to-hear-what-hes-been-cooking-up/
It’s been a long year for Brian Johnson, former singer for Australian rock outfit AC/DC. Thankfully, he hasn’t even begun to let his hearing troubles sideline him from music, making good on his promise back in February that that was not and certainly would not be the last we’d hear from him; this morning, the Greg Billings Band released their song “Good Friends Don’t Come Easy” featuring Johnson, marking the rock legend’s first studio performance since parting ways with AC/DC earlier this year.

A hard rockin’ track about finding your tribe and letting them love you, “Good Friends Don’t Come Easy” isn’t the first time we’ve seen Greg Billings and Brian collaborate; this is another in a long series of collaborations between the two friends, following on the heels of their covers of AC/DC’s own “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” and “You Shook Me All Night Long” and fans can look forward to hearing it, as well as a collaboration with Cheap Trick frontman Robin Zander, on the Greg Billings Band’s upcoming album, Boom Boom All Night!.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
Good stuff man, hope he'll be back with AC/DC soon! :nod:

Backfromthedead

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2016, 11:59:01 AM »
While to me it was far from "crystal clear" back in summer, it looks like chainsmoker was right, Angus does not plan to continue with Brian...
http://metaltalk.net/news2016sg/2016541a.php

Respected Brazilian journalist José Norberto Flesch, who we know has had contact with AC/DC, has made comments on Twitter indicating that Angus Young will hire new musicians and that Axl will continue as frontman, as we expected.

Flesch wrote (translated from Portuguese):

"AC/DC will not end... Angus will hire musicians to play with him and with his cousin... Axl will also continue in AC/DC."

Edit: just saw this is old news, Sept 2016. Not to be trusted.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:03:52 PM by Backfromthedead »