Please login or register. August 19, 2017, 11:32:51 PM

Author Topic: R.I.P. Scott Weiland  (Read 1637 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
R.I.P. Scott Weiland
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:14:08 AM »
Sad news:
http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/94007/Scott-Weiland-dead-at-48

Former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver rocker Scott Weiland has been found dead.

The 48 year old's body was discovered on his tour bus in Minnesota on Thursday night (03Dec15), prior to a performance with his band The Wildabouts. The show was cancelled without explanation, and fans were offered refunds.

The sad news was confirmed in a post on Weiland's Facebook.com page, which read: "Scott Weiland, best known as the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, passed away in his sleep while on a tour stop in Bloomington, Minnesota, with his band The Wildabouts. At this time we ask that the privacy of Scott’s family be respected."
:(

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
Re: R.I.P. Scott Weiland
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
Very sad day indeed.

My first concert was VR at Brighton back in 2008 and his performance that night ws incredible.
He certainly gained my respect that night. :bow:

R.I.P  Scott :(
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

adler

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 10:56:36 PM »
Very Fucking sad.

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 12:05:09 AM »

I'd been dreaming of a VR reunion till this morning

:tear:   One of my favourite frontmen ever. I'll never forget Quilmes Fest, when I saw him on stage. He owned the night. I'll miss him

On a side (highly insensitive and out of line) comment: Bumblefoot's got no luck with his side projects  :giggle:   

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 08:34:01 AM »
I had hoped too that someway, somewhere there would be a VR reunion.  Very sad.
W.

Backfromthedead

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 12:55:17 AM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-s-family-dont-glorify-this-tragedy-20151207

Yeah, he was surely a bad father and an even worse husband. But his family should've known that when it comes to addicts this is just another symptom, not an aspect of personality. When drugs take over sb's head, they end up manipulating every single cell in their brain till one day they're no longer themselves. Last year I worked at a high school whose pupils had serious social problems and many of them were addicts. I became really fond of them and somehow I even felt pity when they didn't attend classes on an exam date or they forgot to come to school the very same day when they had to enrol, so they lost their spot. Then I would go straight to the head master's office to beg her for another chance till she got fed up with me. One day she told me: whatever you're doing, you're not helping them. Drug addicts arrive late for exams, arrive late at their jobs and they arrive late to their own lives. If we're indulgent on them, we're not helping. Why would they change if this way they get everything they want?. If by being high they forgot to enroll, then next year they'll have to find another school and to pay the consequences of their "distractions" and if they arrive home drugged their mothers shouldn't let them in. And mothers would answer: oh, what if something bad happens to him while he's in the streets? Well, "something bad" will eventually happen to him if he continues taking cocaine" "

It's really hard for a mother or anyone else around a drug addict not to be indulgent cause they're all the time appealing to our pity and for "second chances". But you have to be strong and to set clear limits if you want to make them open their eyes and see the wreck in which they've turned into. Similarly, when Weiland was fired from Velvet Revolver I guess in some way the band was trying to set these clear limits: "You can not lead this band if you continue doing drugs this way" (even if everyone else except for Duff did drugs too, it didnt affect the other ones in the way it affected Scott). It was a great band, it suited him and Im pretty sure he loved his work in Velvet Revolver. But once again, "the simptom" made him undo another great achievement.  :(   when I read mary's letter I got the feeling that she never got to understand what goes through the mind of a drug addict and how they interact with other people. I ain't saying that she doesn't have the right to feel anger, I only mean that she didnt get to find the proper kind of support for being the wife of an addict.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 01:10:31 AM by Andy Rose »

Backfromthedead

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
Yeah, he was surely a bad father and an even worse husband. But his family should've known that when it comes to addicts this is just another symptom, not an aspect of personality.

I think the main aspect of the letter was not to glorifiy his drug addiction as part of the rocknroll lifestyle, because it destroyed his personality and his private life (in parts at least)!

when I read mary's letter I got the feeling that she never got to understand what goes through the mind of a drug addict and how they interact with other people.

Not so sure about that, maybe I should re-read it.  :?:
Certainly she was in love with him (for a while at least) and tried to pretend towards the kids that their daddy was okay...

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »
and tried to pretend towards the kids that their daddy was okay...

Which is pretty much the worst thing anyone in a situation like that could do. :smirk:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »
Hey that was just my guess. Don't blame the lady for my poor guessing.  :shy:

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
It's not my job to blame anyone. :tongue:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • The Jesus Christ of Sin & Vice
    • Guns N Roses Destruction
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 03:06:38 AM »
I think most are sad, but I don't think anyone could honestly say they were surprised. RIP Scott.
RoseHudson/RandyJesus mod campaign 2013