Please login or register. November 25, 2017, 08:32:56 AM

Author Topic: Duff & Izzy recorded new song  (Read 1479 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Duff & Izzy recorded new song
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »
On his birthday, Duff recorded with Izzy...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-bandmates-duff-mckagan-and-izzy-stradlin-record-super-kick-ass-new-song/

"We've always kind of done [stuff like that], but usually on his records. This was just like this open thing. And I had a riff, and he had an idea, and we recorded it in half a day."

Asked if fans can expect to hear the song on his next album, Duff responded: "Maybe. We're gonna maybe record some more. But we just enjoy making music together and enjoy each other's company. We're allowed to do that."

Backfromthedead

Re: Duff & Izzy recorded new song
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »
The song will be on an EP (accompanying his new book):

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-to-release-how-to-be-a-man-ep-featuring-izzy-stradlin-jerry-cantrell/

As he gears up for the May 12 release of his much-buzzed-about new book, "How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)" (Da Capo Press), former GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan will issue a three-song companion EP, "How To Be A Man". Due on the same day as the book, the disc features former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin, ALICE IN CHAINS vocalist/guitarist Jerry Cantrell, STONE SOUR drummer Roy Mayorga and drummer Taz Bentley. It will be available for pre-order beginning May 5.

"How To Be A Man (And Other Illusions)" is the follow-up to Duff's critically acclaimed New York Times bestselling memoir, "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)".

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead