Please login or register. June 27, 2017, 08:04:49 PM

Author Topic: R.I.P. Tommy Ramone  (Read 1374 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
R.I.P. Tommy Ramone
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »
Drummer and producer Tommy Ramone, the last surviving original member of the influential New York punk quartet the Ramones, died Friday at his home in the Ridgewood area of Queens, New York. He was 62 and had been in hospice care following treatment for bile duct cancer.

Born Erdelyi Tamas in Budapest, Hungary, and known professionally as Tom or T. Erdelyi, Ramone played on the first three epoch-making Ramones albums, “Ramones” (1976), “Leave Home” (1977) and “Rocket to Russia” (1977). He also co-produced the latter two albums with Tony Bongiovi and Ed Stasium, respectively. He appeared on and co-produced the 1979 live Ramones opus “It’s Alive.”

After leaving the Ramones to concentrate on studio work, he co-produced the band’s 1984 album “Too Tough to Die” with Stasium. He was replaced in the lineup by Marc Bell (Marky Ramone), a former member of Dust and Richard Hell’s Voidoids. (...)

Erdelyi’s other production credits included the Replacements’ major label debut “Tim” (1985) and L.A. punk unit Redd Kross’ “Neurotica” (1987). In later years, he went the acoustic route, playing bluegrass and country music with his partner Claudia Tienan in Uncle Monk.
http://variety.com/2014/music/news/tommy-ramone-last-surviving-original-member-of-influential-punk-band-dies-at-65-1201261584/

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
Re: R.I.P. Tommy Ramone
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »
RIP Tommy Ramunt
Is Trixi still alive?

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
Re: R.I.P. Tommy Ramone