Please login or register. August 20, 2017, 11:01:22 AM

Author Topic: New reunion rumour  (Read 53105 times)

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • The Jesus Christ of Sin & Vice
    • Guns N Roses Destruction
Re: New reunion rumour
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2015, 05:02:34 AM »
No I don't. Does that mean there were no "jam sessions", but something else maybe?  :?:

Rehashing or Rehearsing? 
RoseHudson/RandyJesus mod campaign 2013

adler

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2015, 01:54:15 PM »
News is imminent.

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »
News is imminent.

Good. All the rumours and guessing haven't brought us very far.

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 02:44:12 AM »
They maybe trying to get Bumblefoot back into the fold as Slash and Fortus are not in the technical league as Bumblefoot for the newer songs. The situation maybe similar to that of when Axl tried to get Buckethead back.

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
I heard that they can't agree on the type of salami that they need to have backstage. Until they can agree on this matter, no announcements will be made.
Is Trixi still alive?

adler

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2015, 10:52:01 PM »
In other news Bumblefoot is axl666. Explains a lot.

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »
Did read on ultimate guitar news headline section either yesterday or Saturday. That Slash finishes his last tour date (this week). I think 24th. I THINK. Not 100% sure. Easy enough to check. With his band. And then after that. It's clear for them to announce it. That's what they are waiting on. Will see.

That would make a lot of sence if that was the case. Get that done then it's clear nothing in the way.

Just looked. Yea his last tour date is 24th. So tomorrow. So after after tomorrow. Could be anytime.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:40:49 PM by taker »

Backfromthedead

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2015, 09:28:08 AM »
Just looked. Yea his last tour date is 24th. So tomorrow. So after after tomorrow. Could be anytime.

Will have to wait and see, hopefully the next few days will bring any news.

I heard that they can't agree on the type of salami that they need to have backstage.

This sounds strangely credible in a way!  :O
 :D

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2015, 03:09:41 AM »

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
I heard that they can't agree on the type of salami that they need to have backstage. Until they can agree on this matter, no announcements will be made.

There is only one type of salami that they will consider....

DJ Ashba used to take my back door salami delivery on a regular basis, as did Chris Pitman.

W.

jameslofton

• In Another Woman's Bed
  • Time to spit new shit....
    • GNR Evolution
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2015, 09:43:58 AM »
Well, we don't know for sure. It's almost a year ago when Fortus claimed that Axl was working on older material back from the Slash era in a studio... maybe they'd already started talking in 2014?  :?:
This is what I believe as well. Cant put a date on when they started to communicate obviously but it wouldn't be surprising at all if they've been talking for quite awhile.

I can't believe they overcame all that hatred all of the sudden.
Meh. Fans put waaaaaay too much stock in the "cancer", "not in this lifetime",etc. comments. Axl can easily change his mind on a whim and it was obvious that only a phone call or one meeting was needed to clear the air on some things.

I've noticed on some forums there are fans saying that if Axl reunites with Slash then "Axl owes us an explanation". BULLSHIT. Its not his fault a handful of loons parroted that cancer garbage for years on end and are now shocked that the cancer has went into remission.

I feel for Stinson, all that time there and just the one album.
I feel for that whole 2001 lineup. They deserved to tour behind their own material and have it released in that time frame.

They maybe trying to get Bumblefoot back into the fold as Slash and Fortus are not in the technical league as Bumblefoot for the newer songs. The situation maybe similar to that of when Axl tried to get Buckethead back.
Similar? Not even in the same galaxy. A Bucket/Ron addition to the reunion roster isn't necessary. I guess if you're one of those people who think a reunion tour is going to be CD heavy you might believe that is the case but there's no reason for any CD to be played. Hell, Axl was barely playing it on the last tour.

Crowds will be there to hear 87-93 era unless we somehow get new music.

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2015, 01:39:42 PM »
This is what I believe as well. Cant put a date on when they started to communicate obviously but it wouldn't be surprising at all if they've been talking for quite awhile.
Meh. Fans put waaaaaay too much stock in the "cancer", "not in this lifetime",etc. comments. Axl can easily change his mind on a whim and it was obvious that only a phone call or one meeting was needed to clear the air on some things.

I've noticed on some forums there are fans saying that if Axl reunites with Slash then "Axl owes us an explanation". BULLSHIT. Its not his fault a handful of loons parroted that cancer garbage for years on end and are now shocked that the cancer has went into remission.
I feel for that whole 2001 lineup. They deserved to tour behind their own material and have it released in that time frame.
Similar? Not even in the same galaxy. A Bucket/Ron addition to the reunion roster isn't necessary. I guess if you're one of those people who think a reunion tour is going to be CD heavy you might believe that is the case but there's no reason for any CD to be played. Hell, Axl was barely playing it on the last tour.

Axl is into having studio quality sound on stage. All the past songs require that to have that same quality. Hopefully Axl's voice is back to concert quality.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
... there's no reason for any CD to be played. Hell, Axl was barely playing it on the last tour.

Not according to those setlists I've seen.
One example is here:
http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=53093.0

Of course, IF Slash & Duff (&others) will be back in the band, most people will want to hear old stuff.
Not sure if Axl would be too happy about that... maybe he'll agree to a reunion tour, but only if they play some CD stuff too.  :lol:

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »

snakepipero

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2015, 05:06:38 AM »
Not according to those setlists I've seen.
One example is here:
http://www.newgnr.com/forum/index.php?topic=53093.0

Of course, IF Slash & Duff (&others) will be back in the band, most people will want to hear old stuff.
Not sure if Axl would be too happy about that... maybe he'll agree to a reunion tour, but only if they play some CD stuff too.  :lol:
I don't see Slash playin' CD songs. Maybe one or two at most (Chinese Democracy, Street of Dreams, Better, Catcher in the Rye or This I love would get my votes), but i have serious doubts about it happenin'

The guitar style in CD, in general, is not similar to Slash's guitar style. Not sayin' better or worse (I personally prefer much more Slash's style than any of the players in CD), just sayin' different
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:11:17 AM by snakepipero »