Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 09:19:40 AM

Author Topic: New reunion rumour  (Read 56596 times)

TARS

• A Classic Case
Re: New reunion rumour
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »
YEAAAAHHHHHHH GUNS N' MOTHER****IN' ROSES ARE COMING BACK TO EUROPE, GET ON IT!!!!

SUPER SUPER EXCITED

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #211 on: November 11, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
General question. Want to get people's thoughts. 1 do we think they will add a few mores shows to the European leg for next year in a few weeks time?. Or that's it set in stone?.

2ndly. Now I don't mind. Myself. But after the announcement yesterday. I sore a good few comments complaining on how long this tour will have gone on for come next summer. Saying they are just after people's money at this point. Etc.

Just wondering people's thoughts.

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #212 on: November 11, 2017, 11:36:49 AM »
General question. Want to get people's thoughts. 1 do we think they will add a few mores shows to the European leg for next year in a few weeks time?

I think it's possible that more shows could be added.

... comments complaining on how long this tour will have gone on for come next summer. Saying they are just after people's money at this point.

Money certainly is an issue and one reason for this "reunion". But: if they "only" wanted the cash, they could go out, play for 1 or 2 hours and then leave - reality is: they bring on a 3+ hour show! Which imho requires some stamina and "love" for the music.  :rockon:

Plus: the way it looks now, they will have a break after the current US tour. Thus they will hopefully be "fresh" when they re-start the tour next year!  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:38:42 AM by Backfromthedead »

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »

I think it's possible that more shows could be added.

This is what I like to hear haha. You know why. Haha.

Money certainly is an issue and one reason for this "reunion". But: if they "only" wanted the cash, they could go out, play for 1 or 2 hours and then leave - reality is: they bring on a 3+ hour show! Which imho requires some stamina and "love" for the music. 

Plus: the way it looks now, they will have a break after the current US tour. Thus they will hopefully be "fresh" when they re-start the tour next year!  :)

Like I said I don't have a problem with it myself. That's true. Even when I sore. (I'll say it kind of now). Axl and friends. 3 times. They still did 3 hour show's or there abouts each time. It is expensive a ticket for this tour. I don't think anyone is saying it's cheap. But I still think you get your money's worth.

See now that's another reason why I don't want to go to download Festival. It's the 2nd show I believe off the top of my head. And as much as I like AXL. His voice always takes several shows to get good. But will see what happens.

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2017, 09:36:57 PM »
General question. Want to get people's thoughts. 1 do we think they will add a few mores shows to the European leg for next year in a few weeks time?. Or that's it set in stone?.

2ndly. Now I don't mind. Myself. But after the announcement yesterday. I sore a good few comments complaining on how long this tour will have gone on for come next summer. Saying they are just after people's money at this point. Etc.

Just wondering people's thoughts.

1. Would be most surprised if they didn't add more shows, and there seems to be enough days between those dates which are already announced in order to add more shows in neighbouring countries.

2. Honestly don't care. Take my money and give me a Gn'R show... :rockon: 85 euros for Nijmegen, Netherlands is, I think, reasonable/to be expected.

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2017, 11:41:08 PM »
2. Honestly don't care. Take my money and give me a Gn'R show... :rockon: 85 euros for Nijmegen, Netherlands is, I think, reasonable/to be expected.

Somehow we get tickets as cheap as 69 euros. :O :banana
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »
Is anyone here a member of Nightrain to get tickets on presale? Is it worth it?

UPDATE: It IS worth it, and now I have my tickets. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:53:53 PM by TARS »

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:17 AM »
I was literally just going to ask if someone could just post the prices of the tickets please. Ha. Since atm. No normal show in the UK in looking at either Berlin or Barcelona. Since they have normal show's. 

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2017, 05:07:04 PM »
Trust Trixi to have a 69....
W.

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »
Tickets go on public sale tomorrow. (apart film the Barcelona show for some odd reason). And I still don't know what I'm doing. It's either Berlin show, Barcelona show or wait for them to announce a London show. Or just a normal show in the UK. If it comes to it I will go to download but only a day ticket.

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2017, 12:17:31 PM »
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #221 on: November 16, 2017, 05:27:53 PM »
Tickets go on public sale tomorrow. (apart film the Barcelona show for some odd reason). And I still don't know what I'm doing. It's either Berlin show, Barcelona show or wait for them to announce a London show. Or just a normal show in the UK. If it comes to it I will go to download but only a day ticket.

If I were in your shoes, I would do Download Festival. But I feel for you mate, I can't believe there will no normal, as it were, show in the UK.

taker

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »
If I were in your shoes, I would do Download Festival. But I feel for you mate, I can't believe there will no normal, as it were, show in the UK.

Yea. I have literally been working it all out in the last hour or so. It would cost me £97 to get up to Derby and bk by train. Considering I live down south in the UK. That's not actually as bad as I was expecting it to be. So Download Festival I guess it is as it stands. Day tickets come out early next year.

My main thing was getting the full set list and not feeling short changed being a festival has very stricked finishing times. But I had a look at some of the festival set list  show's they did this year and still got the same amount of songs so not too bad about the idea now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:41:13 PM by taker »

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2017, 03:42:46 PM »

Yea. I have literally been working it all out in the last hour or so. It would cost me £97 to get up to Derby and bk by train. Considering I live down south in the UK. That's not actually as bad as I was expecting it to be. So Download Festival I guess it is as it stands. Day tickets come out early next year.

My main thing was getting the full set list and not feeling short changed being a festival has very stricked finishing times. But I had a look at some of the festival set list  show's they did this year and still got the same amount of songs so not too bad about the idea now.

Very fair points to make. I can only speak of Reading Festival (not Guns), as I was also living down south, and I did not feel that I was given the rough end of the deal. Felt like a full set list to me. I also feel that Guns might do something special for Download Festival, I mean it is big.

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #224 on: November 18, 2017, 10:59:52 AM »
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-wins-top-tourtop-draw-at-billboards-touring-awards/

GUNS N' ROSES was among the winners at Billboard's annual Touring Awards and conference in Los Angeles Tuesday night (November 15)

The band's "Not In This Lifetime" tour was the winner in the "Top Tour/Top Draw" category, beating U2 and COLDPLAY. The group was also up for the "Top Boxscore" award, which went to U2.

For a complete list of winners, visit Billboard.com.