Please login or register. October 17, 2017, 10:19:30 AM

Author Topic: New reunion rumour  (Read 54605 times)

TARS

• A Classic Case

zombux

• A Classic Case
  • There was a time...
    • http://www.zombux.net
Re: New reunion rumour
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »
not many drummers joined GNR or at least worked with them.
Rob Gardner, Steven Adler, (Don Henley, Fred Coury - temporary live guests), Matt Sorum, (Sid Riggs - session only), Josh Freese, Bryan Mantia, Frank Ferrer.
not counting guys that were invited or even auditioned for GNR but didn't become further involved (Michael Bland, Igor Cavalera, Chris Vrenna, Dave Abbruzzese)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2016, 08:57:01 AM »
Intimate gig tonight? The Cult to support at some shows (outside U.S.)?

THE CULT guitarist Billy Duffy has revealed to Vanyaland that his band will share the stage with the reunited GUNS N' ROSES in the coming months. And while Duffy didn't elaborate, he did say the dates wouldn't be taking place in the U.S.

"I believe we will be playing with them at a couple of shows that are not in the United States. I think I can say that, I believe," Duffy said. "I just found out."

GUNS N' ROSES is rumored to be playing an intimate warm-up show on Friday (April 1) at the Troubadour, one of the Los Angeles clubs where the band first played before the release of its debut album, 1987's "Appetite For Destruction". More information is expected by Friday morning, at which point a limited number of tickets will go on sale to the general public.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-tour-to-expand-beyond-u-s-the-cult-to-open-select-dates/#zQT4V1lzfIFSdJRt.99

zombux

• A Classic Case
  • There was a time...
    • http://www.zombux.net
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2016, 01:16:02 PM »
looks like the money grab starts now, for the third time actually

Backfromthedead

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
Guns N' Roses are about to rock the City of Angels with an impromptu concert ... and cops are assembling on the Sunset Strip for the mad dash to get a seat.
Law enforcement tells us they have a ton of Sheriff's deputies setting up around the old Tower Records ... in anticipation of the GNR announcement at 10 AM.
We're told there will be 250 tickets given away at noon for the concert -- first come, first serve.
Cops are expecting hundreds of fans to descend upon Tower Records when the announcement is made. It's still unknown when and where the actual performance will go down.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/01/guns-n-roses-ticket-giveaway/

bolton

• Failure To Communicate
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2016, 08:35:48 PM »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:38:02 PM by bolton »

Backfromthedead

« Reply #171 on: April 07, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-has-rehearsed-with-guns-n-roses-back-injury/

Writer Mick Wall has revealed that Steven Adler injured his back while rehearsing with Guns N’ Roses, and that he was set to perform with the band at the Troubadour last Friday. He also hinted at surprises on tour, which may include Adler pending his health.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »
Allegedly there are plans for Australia, Japan & Europe:

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-rumored-to-have-huge-2017-plans/

A fan on the MyGNRForum recently claimed that Fernando, a member of Guns N’ Roses’ management company Team Brazil, told him that Guns N’ Roses plan to tour in Australia in January 2017, Japan in February 2017, and Europe later in 2017, with a South American tour planned later this year. The member also shared a photo of himself meeting Fernando at a hotel.

Backfromthedead

« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2016, 05:31:04 PM »
Axl, Duff n' Slash in London:

Backfromthedead

« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-member-solving-problems-businesslike-manner/

“[Duff] was a major part of the crew that helped pull this [tour] together,” Holmes-McKagan told Page Six, describing her husband as a “good team player” who solves problems in “the most businesslike, peaceful manner.”

“It’s really exciting for all of us. Our family’s grown up with this band in and out.”

She told Vegas Seven: “It [is] absolutely wonderful. I [am] exhilarated and just having so much fun. I look around and see people crying and singing the songs, people dancing—we all feed off of one another’s energy...

Backfromthedead

« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-break-silence-in-first-reunion-interview/
Axl Rose and Duff McKagan will be doing their first interview together since Guns N’ Roses reunited for the ‘Not In This Lifetime’ tour…..on a Brazilian TV show on the Globo network. The interview was recently filmed, and a short clip with no audio aired yesterday. The full interview will air tomorrow night. Globo stated in an announcement, “The reunion that fans asked for from the heavens. For the first time in over 20 years, two original members of Guns N ‘Roses come together for an interview. You will see Sunday.”

Backfromthedead

« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/rumored-expiration-date-for-slash-duff-mckagans-guns-n-roses-contracts/

MSL has revealed on GNRTruth that Slash and Duff McKagan are currently under contract with Guns N’ Roses, and shared some rumors he has heard about when they might expire.

“With one important caveat being that unlike most musicians that are “hired” by a band, Slash & Duff aren’t being paid a flat salary, they’re being a percentage, which is far more lucrative.

I don’t think it’s publicly known when their contracts expire (I’ve heard end of next year, no idea if that’s true), but hopefully everyone is having a good time and enjoying the incredible money and wants to continue this for years to come.”

Backfromthedead

« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/the-two-women-who-reunited-guns-n-roses-will-surprise-you/

Mick Wall has released a new chapter from his book Last Of The Giants: The True Story of Guns N’ Roses. Read an excerpt below, which reveals two of the women responsible for Axl Rose and Slash reconciling.

With Axl informing the other members of the reconfigured GN’R line-up that the ‘calendar was empty’ after their final show sin 2014, there was now a much more seismic event on the horizon, though as with many things related to the on-going Guns N’ Roses soap opera, it was only obvious at the time if you were paying close attention.

On 30 December 2014, Slash filed for divorce from his wife of 13 years, Perla Hudson. The pair had split once before, in 2010, but had soon reconciled. This time it was to be permanent. According to legal documents, the pair had separated six months earlier. Soon afterwards, Slash had hooked up with a new girlfriend, Meegan Hodges – the same Meegan Hodges whom Slash had first fallen in love with as a teenager, but who had walked away for the sake of her own sanity when things began to take off in earnest with Guns N’ Roses, and the same Meegan Hodges who had been such a good friend to Erin Everly, and who was about to play a pivotal part in the future of both the guitarist and his old enemy, Axl Rose.

‘Meegan was his nineteen-year-old girlfriend in 1988,’ says former band manager Alan Niven. ‘But Meegan bailed on him because it was so fucking crazy. And well done Meegan, for having a sense of self-preservation and getting her ass out of there. Meegan coming back into his life now was sufficient for him to finally get out of a relationship that he was very unhappy with. By falling in love again with Meegan and having her support he could get out of the relationship.’

Coming back together with Meegan unlocked another door for Slash, suggests Niven. ‘So Meegan has a best friend who lives in Atlanta. And that best friend is called Erin Everly.’ Suddenly, ‘Erin and Axl are talking again. That was the seed for getting Axl and Slash back together. It was Erin and Meegan.’

The idea of Axl considering a reunion was also backed up by Ricky Warwick, the former Almighty singer who now fronted the resurrected Irish rockers Thin Lizzy. When Lizzy supported Guns N’ Roses in 2012, Ricky and Axl had become friends, Warwick told Classic Rock magazine. ‘Axl was quite realistic about the possibility of a reunion, saying: “Who knows?” He had fond memories of it. It was always a case of: “We’ll see where the road takes us.” It was never: “Over my dead body.”’

Unbeknown to the public, by the summer of 2015 Axl, Slash and Duff were already in communication – albeit via their lawyers and business managers. Though according to Alan Niven, who remains close to Slash, ‘Duff did most of the spadework at that stage’, a statement backed up by the band’s old friend Marc Canter, who said the bassist had acted as the main peacemaker. ‘Duff was a big part in getting them back together,’ Canter told The Mail. ‘He was working with Axl again and is a good middleman. There was no one else who communicated with Slash and Axl. When Axl was venting about Slash, Duff was able to help him see things through Slash’s eyes.’

At the same time, however, both the Axl-led GN’R and Slash’s solo band were set to release their own live DVDs. Both featured classic Guns N’ Roses songs that required the other party to sign off on ahead of release. Whereas in the past Axl would most likely never have allowed his old nemesis the privilege, this time he agreed to it seemingly without objection.

Thus, the 2 women who enabled the reunion were Perla and Duff?  :?:  :D
Uh, erm, I mean Meegan and Erin...  :shy:

Backfromthedead

« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »
http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-reveals-if-guns-n-roses-feel-reunited-without-izzy-stradlin-steven-adler/

Slash, who has barely said anything about his return to Guns N’ Roses outside of thanking cities the band performs in on Twitter, made a tweet on Sunday where he described it as a ‘reunion.’ Some fans have avoided calling it a reunion due to Izzy Stradlin’s snub from the lineup and Steven Adler only making a few guest appearances. He also revealed that he’s had a ‘blast’ with Guns N’ Roses.

"I want to say thanks to all the fans who made the GNR reunion such a big event. It’s been a fucking blast, and more to come!"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-being-part-of-guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-is-beyond-my-wildest-dreams/

Fortus, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in 2001 and became the band's longest-serving post-Slash guitarist, tells Honky Tonk (see video below): "I've been in the band fourteen, fifteen years and it's now… When we were preparing for this tour, we knew how important this was gonna be, as far as historically. This was a big deal, and we had to make it as perfect as we possibly could. And we really put a lot of time into rehearsing — more than we'd ever done before — for this tour, because we knew how important it was. So there's an air of importance of… We knew it had to be great. We knew the world was watching. And it's been amazing. It's been so great. It's been really fantasic. It's beyond my wildest dreams. I never thought it would be as crazy as it's been as far as the reception [from] the fans. And it's such an honor to be a part of this."

Fortus also praised Axl as "very loyal" and "very generous," explaining that the reclusive singer "likes to have people that have his back."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/richard-fortus-being-part-of-guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-tour-is-beyond-my-wildest-dreams/#eGBAKuWSruDPMRLi.99
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:23:56 PM by Backfromthedead »

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »
It bloody well is a reunion.