Please login or register. May 30, 2017, 02:03:39 PM

Author Topic: Slash Ready for His Third Solo Album  (Read 4172 times)

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
Slash Ready for His Third Solo Album
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »
Slash just revealed that he has a bunch of new songs ready for his next solo album. He shared the news
today on Twitter.

The guitarist wrote: “16 trx worked up & completed. + an instrumental? Hard 2 decide what goes on the record, what will b bonus trx. It’s all cool. iiii]; )’”

Slash, along with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, recently returned to the studio to record the follow-up to 2012′s ‘Apocalyptic Love’ LP. His most recent project, ‘Nothing Left to Fear,’ was a horror movie he co-produced and scored.

The upcoming album, his third official solo record, will be the second to feature vocals by Kennedy. Slash recently talked to the Pulse of Radio (via Blabbermouth) about his relationship with the Alter Bridge singer.

“We work really well together,” he said. “I never really thought about how that’s progressing. It’s real natural. So it’s like any kind of sort of close relationship, where I think we established it really, really early on and now we’re just sort of doing our thing, you know. Yeah, I don’t know what else to say — it’s just a really cool kind of synergy that we’ve got.”

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-third-solo-album/
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Re: Slash's Third Solo Album
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Slash:-My-record-flowed&nItemID=78891

Slash was 'amazed' that the recording of his album 'flowed' so well.

The rockstar and his band Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators are set to release a follow-up from their 2012 record Apocalyptic Love. Speaking about how he and his bandmates have grown as musicians and friends Slash shared how happy he is at their bond.

'The band has become so synergetic. I showed the music to the guys, and what they wrote flowed immediately. I was really amazed at how, from the second we started preproduction up 'til now, the record just flowed,' he explained to Kerrang! magazine. 'It's rare it happens like that. We always go into the studio to make a good album, but when you seem to be carried by an energy other than your own, you just go with it.'

Backfromthedead

Re: Slash Ready for His Third Solo Album
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
Slash via twitter:

Mix is finished on the new record! Mastering next weekend. Artwork is set. Will announce the title soon. Can't wait to unleash it! iiii]; )'

IrishConnor94

• Bedouin
    • The Rock N' Metal Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:32:52 AM »
And I will be seeing him open for Aersomith in July! Hope he will play a new tune or two  :rockon:
Connor Rae from The Rock N' Metal Blog http://www.therocknmetalblog.blogspot.ca/

Backfromthedead

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:23 AM »
Slash via twitter:

Mastering of the new record is done! Will announce title & release date very soon. But it sounds awesome! iiii]; )'

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »
Slash via twitter:

Mastering of the new record is done! Will announce title & release date very soon. But it sounds awesome! iiii]; )'

I doubt it. :ninja:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 11:04:56 AM »
I doubt it. :ninja:

I can imagine it sounding awesome (being recorded on vintage studio gear etc bla bla), however if you'll like the songs, the singing etc. is another question...  :whistle:

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 11:01:14 AM »
I can imagine it sounding awesome (being recorded on vintage studio gear etc bla bla), however if you'll like the songs, the singing etc. is another question...  :whistle:

Well, I'm not gonna bother listening to it anyway. :troll:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Backfromthedead

Slash Third Solo Album "World On Fire"
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=122538

SLASH and his bandmates Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators will release their new album WORLD ON FIRE on September 15 via SLASH's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through Roadrunner Records (Europe, Middle East, Africa, & Latin America).

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »
The album cover is weird! It already looks kinda old  :lol:.

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 10:30:38 AM »
Myles is the name...

Backfromthedead

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-he-loathes-looking-back-and-fantasizing-about-classic-guns-n-roses-lineup/

Asked if he ever wonders about what would have happened if the original GUNS N' ROSES had stayed together, Slash said: "I don't think about that because that's not what happened, so what's the point? People are always like, 'What if you had done things differently?' Not only with GN'R. But it's just such a waste of time. Things happened and it's done. I sort of loathe looking back and fantasizing about anything one way or another because in the end it didn't happen."

I can understand Slash's point of view here.  :coffee

Backfromthedead