Please login or register. April 29, 2017, 06:32:46 PM

Author Topic: Proposal to better NEWGNR.com  (Read 5793 times)

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • The Jesus Christ of Sin & Vice
    • Guns N Roses Destruction
Re: Proposal to better NEWGNR.com
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 01:37:04 AM »
Facebook has destroyed thousands of message boards.

The main problems this place has suffered from, is the shut down that happened, and many long term posters leaving or becoming far less active. I don't think an overhaul of the site will see them rushing back.

I really think the function of just a forum is what is killing this place. People are into personal blogs and social networking. Forums are just secondary. Less people are using computers, and this forum isn't very mobile friendly.
RoseHudson/RandyJesus mod campaign 2013

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 01:51:50 AM »
I really think the function of just a forum is what is killing this place. People are into personal blogs and social networking. Forums are just secondary. Less people are using computers, and this forum isn't very mobile friendly.

But it's relaxed, isn't that what you just said? you're enjoying it here? Well then, shut your fucking mouth and either stop asking for changes, or go and start your website.
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 01:57:05 AM »
Most of what you want can already be found on other GNR sites, so maybe mass emigration is better than trying to recreate newgnr?

It isn't so much recreate newgnr that I am suggesting, I am suggesting that this site is leaving in the past and technology peoples habits has changed. I really like this place and would like to see it active again.

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
  • Happy semi-hippie. Grinning at walls.
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »
I believe the problem is the fragmentation of the fan base. We are easily still many enough to keep a good GN'R fan community going. Consolidation if the trick when overall numbers are dwindling.

mygnrforum is doing okay, but only because of it sheer mass which makes new members gravitate thereover. Not because it offers anything unique or modern.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 09:26:34 AM »
The REAL problem is the band are pretty stale and crappy, Axl sounds bored and shitey, and there is no hope for anyone getting a new album.  And on the other hand, people like me who think Gashba is as talented as a 2 year old girl, are embarrassed to be a GnR fan and are cringing at the thought of an album full of his sub par guitar wankery.

release the old Buckethead era stuff i say.  That'll perk things up.
W.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:56 AM »
A-fucking-men.
Humanary Stew

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »
The REAL problem is the band are pretty stale and crappy, Axl sounds bored and shitey, and there is no hope for anyone getting a new album.  And on the other hand, people like me who think Gashba is as talented as a 2 year old girl, are embarrassed to be a GnR fan and are cringing at the thought of an album full of his sub par guitar wankery.

release the old Buckethead era stuff i say.  That'll perk things up.

Yeah, good luck with that :D. In the mean time, we who still enjoy GN'R in its current state and want to discuss the band, should get together in one place.

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »
That post would have been perfection if you had linked your forum  ;)

Honestly, I want people to get together anywhere but on my site. My site would kneel if everyone joined. I would have to ban good members just to prevent it from lagging. I do wish some more quality members would be active there, though, but that is an unrelated issue.

RoseHudson

• Very Old At Heart
  • “We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
    • wordpress
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 06:29:28 PM »
Yeah, good luck with that :D. In the mean time, we who still enjoy GN'R in its current state and want to discuss the band, should get together in one place.

Does anyone actually enjoy them in there current state? mygnr is just full of guys who either want 2006, 2001 or 1987 back. I don't think the current band has any fans...

If you vote for somebody else, "You're making as much sense as Adler after a drug cocktail!"

"Fuck a clock, fuck a trailer, fuck everybody
Fuck ya'll if you doubt me, I'm a piece of fuckin' white trash I say it proudly"

adler

• Realtime Visionary
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 09:21:23 PM »
How about fucking fuck feature fuckers. Fucking eh.!

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
Does anyone actually enjoy them in there current state? mygnr is just full of guys who either want 2006, 2001 or 1987 back. I don't think the current band has any fans...

I enjoy GN'R's music and they give great concerts.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 08:43:21 AM »
I enjoy GN'R's music and they give great concerts.

So do many people.  The problem is, is the incarnation GnR until they release THEIR work?  Or do they just have the name attached playing karaoke covers?
W.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »

Count me out.

Lost a lot of enthusiasm when Brain left, stopped giving a fuck when Robin left.
Humanary Stew

RoseHudson

• Very Old At Heart
  • “We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
    • wordpress
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »
Pretty much how I feel.

If you vote for somebody else, "You're making as much sense as Adler after a drug cocktail!"

"Fuck a clock, fuck a trailer, fuck everybody
Fuck ya'll if you doubt me, I'm a piece of fuckin' white trash I say it proudly"

Randy Jesus

• Tongue Like A Razor
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 02:31:56 AM »
Yeah I miss how bad Robin sucked at hitting all the notes. Now we have Ashba who plays it right, but is generic.