Please login or register. September 26, 2017, 12:04:20 PM

Author Topic: The Dead Daisies (incl. R. Fortus)  (Read 3234 times)

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
The Dead Daisies (incl. R. Fortus)
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
A new "supergroup" is going to tour Australia. Some GN'R connections are in there (quite surprisingly old and new GNR)!

A 50-second sample believed to be a finished mix of The Dead Daisies featuring Slash song 'Lock 'N' Load' has been discovered online.

The track is believed to have been uploaded as a preview for media to listen to next week prior to the song's official release before the band's Australian Aerosmith dates.

The Dead Daisies is an Australian supergroup featuring Noiseworks singer Jon Stevens and Guns 'N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus with Charley Drayton (Divinyls, Cold Chisel) on drums, David Lowy (Red Phoenix, The Angels) on guitar, Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy) on bass and Clayton Doley on Hammond organ.

'Lock 'N' Load' was co-written by Slash and Jon Stevens.

The Dead Daisies were seen recently on tour with ZZ Top in Australia and will be the special guests of Aerosmith in Dunedin, Melbourne and Brisbane.

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=The-Dead-Daises-with-Slash-sample-leaks&nItemID=64638

Kittay

• Used To Do A Little
Re: The Dead Daisies (incl. R. Fortus)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:18:36 PM »
there are soundcloud previews of a bunch of their songs on their website.
Forget facebook because it sucks and go here:
http://www.thedeaddaisies.com
Mansfield, MA 08/24/1988, Worcester, MA 12/05 and 12/06/1991, Hartford, CT 03/09/1993
Hartford, CT 11/19/2011, Worcester, MA 11/25/2011

RoseHudson

• Very Old At Heart
  • “We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
    • wordpress
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 03:29:04 AM »
I actually checked out Lock N' Load last night, was pleasantly surprised. Apparently fortus isn't on the track.

Anyone know if that's true?
RoseHudson/RandyJesus mod campaign 2013

If you vote for somebody else, "You're making as much sense as Adler after a drug cocktail!"

"Fuck a clock, fuck a trailer, fuck everybody
Fuck ya'll if you doubt me, I'm a piece of fuckin' white trash I say it proudly"

Backfromthedead

Re: The Dead Daisies (incl. R. Fortus & Dizzy R.)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Anyone know if that's true?

True, I think, Richard joined later.

Currently on tour in UK with Black Star Riders!
http://www.thedeaddaisies.com/upcoming-shows/

Looks like Dizzy joined too!
http://www.thedeaddaisies.com/line-up/

robin2002

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:00:32 PM »
Seen the Dead Daisies last night (supporting Black Star Riders 'Thin Lizzy') - they were incredible!! Richard was on fire!! Got some pics I'll try and upload later.  Great to see him and Dizzy on stage in a smaller venue (our venue holds 1000 max, probably about 500 or so there last night, I was right down the front on the side of Richard and Dizzy) and seemed like they were really enjoying themselves, huge smiles on their faces and really won the crowd over.  Richard really is an incredible guitar player, and really gets the opportunity to play with the DD, great licks and a great showman.  Can't compliment them enough.  Unfortunately never got a chance to meet them (missed them by 2 minutes!!) but delighted they came to my town and gave us a proper rock n' roll gig!! Go and see them if you can!
"broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall, it was a bargin for the summer and I thought I had it all..."

Backfromthedead

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:30:44 PM »
Thanks for reporting, good to read about one of their gigs!  :thumbsup:

Backfromthedead

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 08:34:56 AM »

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 02:02:13 AM »
it sounds outdated

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »
Citing what they referred to as “a bit of a motorcycle accident,” the Dead Daisies have announced that guitarist Richard Fortus will miss the band’s upcoming Australian tour.
Read More: Guns N' Roses Guitarist Richard Fortus Injured in Motorcycle Accident, Will Miss Dead Daisies Tour | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richard-fortus-motorcycle-accident/?trackback=tsmclip