Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 09:14:59 AM

Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots fire Scott Weiland in one-sentence statement  (Read 1056 times)

TARS

• A Classic Case
Re: Stone Temple Pilots fire Scott Weiland in one-sentence statement
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 12:12:40 AM »
Axl and old drinking buddies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Re: Stone Temple Pilots fire Scott Weiland in one-sentence statement
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 09:35:24 AM »
Axl and old drinking buddies.

Nice one!   :giggle:

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Re: Stone Temple Pilots
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 03:22:14 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/stone-temple-pilots-on-new-singer-scott-weilands-legacy-w511468

"It's Stone Temple Pilots time again," says Robert DeLeo, and judging by the band's gig at the Troubadour on Tuesday night, indeed it is. The long-running rock outfit, which also includes guitarist (and Robert's older brother) Dean DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz, used the invite-only SiriusXM event at the legendary West Hollywood club as an opportunity to unveil new singer Jeff Gutt...

"Jeff wasn't even part of the singer submissions. But Robert happened to be playing a gig with the Hollywood Vampires in Michigan and somebody came backstage after the show and approached him and said, 'You should check this guy out. He's a local guy.' And Robert called me the next morning and was like, 'Hey, man ...'"
Just a few months later, Gutt was the new singer of Stone Temple Pilots.

"Having two people that we've intimately shared so much with, and knowing they're gone, it's sad," Robert says. "It's very sad. It's not the way that I thought things were going to go in life."