Please login or register. April 25, 2017, 11:28:16 PM

Author Topic: New Rolling Stones song  (Read 2644 times)

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
New Rolling Stones song
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:17:10 AM »
I thought this would have been posted, but since it has not, I shall once again bring the class to NewGnR. Behold, the new Rolling Stones song 'Doom and Gloom': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFGWVKXxm0

I think its a great song, if a little 'by numbers' (as another member here has so rightly put it). The mixing is old school Stones though, which is a great development. Actually, this sounds closer to old school Stones than anything they have put out in the past few decades, which is a good thing. Let there be more! :bow:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Faxl

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
Re: New Rolling Stones song
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
Not much of a Stones fan but I was impressed by Mick's voice on it.

hairy-balls

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »
not bad

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »
There will another new song on the upcoming greatest hits collection.
There will also be a 7 inch ep with 4 songs from a 1964 BBC session and 5 song bonus disc with songs from 1963.
So in total, it will be 11 songs newly released.

:notbad:
Is Trixi still alive?

FieldRose

• So The Little Got More And More
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 06:51:34 AM »
I´ve listened the song over and over again and I like it a lot. It´s really good and and I can´t wait to hear the next newly released songs.  :D
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

"Once you stop caring, nothing can stop you. Your problem is you give a shit. Trust me." - CM Punk

Adriana Galore

• A Classic Case
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:48:23 AM »

At the start I thought I was listening to ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man. Good song though. Good old rock 'n roll.
Frock n' Roll!

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
Yeah, there's a striking similarity between the two songs, as far as the intro is concerned. That said, I loved it ! Mick's voice is in such a good shape and this song makes me wanna move! Go, Rolling Stones! :rockon:

the_relic

• All Geared Up
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:48 PM »
and the vocals are highly reminiscent of bob dylans subterannian homesick blues. nice, i cant spell subteraiinaianain.

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
New Rolling Stones album
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 05:43:43 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/what-to-listen-to/rolling-stonesblue-lonesome-review/

It is a swaggering, heartfelt blast of dense, deft blues rock, with Charlie Watts swinging on the back beat, Keith Richards spilling slippery chords and magic licks, and Mick Jagger wailing on the blues harp like the last lonely survivor of an apocalyptic flood on the Mississippi delta. Even Ronnie Wood keeps his end up, breaking out crusty riffs and sputtering leads that mesh and weave with Richards’s ever-shifting rhythm guitar, combining in a thick, pliable electric groove that is uniquely the Stones' own.
Being aficionados of the genre, choices are eclectic and immaculate, off the beaten path but straight down the blues line. They rip up Howling Wolf’s Commit A Crime, breathe steamy vigour into Memphis Slim’s Blue and Lonesome and play Magic Sam’s All Of Your Love as if they are down on their knees begging for one last chance at happiness.

There is no attempt to slavishly recreate original arrangements, the modus operandi seems to be to get the chord changes down and then play the damn thing for the sheer thrill of it. And it is a thrill because there are not many bands left who could actually do what they do in a modern studio: just set up, face each other and play with such connection and commitment that the record is essentially a performance so alive to the music it needs no adornment or improvement.

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 10:55:22 AM »
Cannot wait to listen to this material. :rockon:

Backfromthedead

Re: New Rolling Stones album
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 04:36:31 PM »
Well, what I heard so far sounds exactly as I'd imagine the Stones sounding when covering old blues songs. No surprise, but very solid and "back to the roots".  :thumbsup:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/01/keith-richards-rolling-stones-blue-and-lonesome

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 04:38:41 PM »
I dig this. :rockon: Don't like the effects on Mick's voice, ffs.

Backfromthedead

New Rolling Stones songs
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 10:51:42 AM »
http://www.music-news.com/news/UK/103808/Mick-Jagger-I-m-working-on-new-Rolling-Stones-songs-now

It looks like there is more to come. Roger Friedman at Showbiz411 is reporting that he spoke with Mick Jagger a few nights ago with Jagger telling him “I’m working on new songs now.” According to Friedman, he went on to say the next album would be all originals.

No time frame was mentioned, so it could easily be 2018 before we see a new release but, hey, they’ve proven over and over that they remain recording and touring machines. Why not keep going?

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 12:40:40 AM »
So happy they keep recording and releasing new music. :nod: With all these veteran bands calling it quits, it feels so good to see the Stones (or individual members) working on new stuff.