Please login or register. April 25, 2017, 11:38:38 AM

Author Topic: replacements reunion  (Read 5534 times)

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:42:31 AM by The Spaghetti Incident? »

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
Re: replacements reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:47:27 AM »
 :notbad:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:05:55 AM by Nature Boy »
Is Trixi still alive?

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »
Oops. Sorry, broken link.

But The Replacements have reunited to make a covers album with proceeds going to former guitarist Slim Dunlap who recently suffered a stroke.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-replacements-reunite-for-covers-ep-20121003

misterbrownstone

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Axl is my #1 fan.
    • rock and roll superfest
tommy stinson and paul westerberg reunite the replacements
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:09:40 AM »
t’s only Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson, but the legendary Minneapolis punks the Replacements are back together and about to release some new music. The pair recently got together in a Minneapolis studio and spent a day knocking out an EP of covers. The extremely limited 10″ will benefit Slim Dunlap, the former Replacements guitarist who suffered a stroke earlier this year.

Westerberg tells Rolling Stone that he and Stinson, with drummer Peter Anderson and bassist Kevin Bowe, recorded four covers: Dunlap’s own “Busted Up,” Hank Williams’s “Lost Highway,” Gordon Lightfoot’s “I’m Not Sayin’,” and “Everything’s Coming Up Roses,” from the Broadway musical Gypsy. They’re only printing up 250 copies of the EP, and they’ll auction off all of them online.

Replacements drummer Chris Mars is refusing to take part in the project, of which Westerberg says, “I was not surprised, but I was a little disappointed.”

The Replacements broke up in 1991, though they got back together in 2006, with Mars included, to record a couple of new songs for a best-of collection. Guitarist Bob Stinson died in 1995.

Talking to Rolling Stone, Westerberg says that Dunlap convinced them to get back together: “He’s in rough shape. He’s sort of paralyzed, he can move his leg a little bit. When I mentioned this, it seemed like something he really wanted to happen. ‘You guys get together,’ he said in a whisper. ‘Go play a song.’”

Westerberg is also hinting that the reunion could go beyond the EP: “It’s possible. After playing with Tommy last week, I was thinking, ‘All right, let’s crank it up and knock out a record like this.’ I’m closer to it now than I was two years ago, let’s say that.”

http://stereogum.com/1168512/the-replacements-reunite-for-new-ep/top-stories/
t('.'t)

kapoink

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
Re: tommy stinson and paul westerberg reunite the replacements
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
cool ! hope they raise a lot of money

Dr. Jack Daniels

• All Geared Up
  • Psychiatrist with a ph.D in Awesome
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
 :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana
This is simply a revenge mission by the US on Libya.  This will teach them a lesson for attacking Doc Emmett Brown in Back to the Future....... Damn Libyans

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
Already posted but whatever, I'm not petty. :thumbsup:

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »
Would I be out of line if I cried over this once I see footage if there ever is any?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

rocknroll41

• Bad Obsession
  • wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 04:57:04 AM »
It's funny cause earlier this year tommy said the chances of a Replacements reunion were like 20% and that there was a better chance of a new GnR album coming out than there was a chance of a Replacements reunion. but i guess since it's a benefit for the guy who had a stroke then it makes sense
wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 09:52:49 AM »
Info from Tommy:
Oh yeah, as you may have heard, I also found time to record an E.P. with The Replacements!!!  Paul, Chris and myself threw some songs together to help raise some dough for our old friend Slim Dunlap. Slim is recovering from a stroke he had last February and will be needing much therapy that insurance just isn’t gonna cover. We are auctioning off a special autographed limited edition version of the E.P. on 10″ vinyl starting January 15 at 8AM PST.  Learn more about the release and the project, which includes a bunch of other great artists covering Slim’s songs to help raise money, at the official website SongsForSlim.com and follow @SongsForSlim on Twitter and “Like” at Facebook.com/SongsForSlim.
I have to say that the whole process so far has been a fun labor of love from top to bottom.  All but one song were recorded live the way we used to make records back in the day!!!  Gotta try that again sometime for sure. Stay tuned.  We’ll see…
:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:54:27 AM by Uli »

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 09:03:38 AM »

Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead