Please login or register. June 24, 2017, 04:35:16 PM

Author Topic: Groupies and what they have to say about the band  (Read 14568 times)

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
Re: Groupies and what they have to say about the band
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »
While I agree with a lot of what you guys have been saying about ashba, I think you cant judge him fairly untill he does a record with guns.
I hated finck the way you guys hated ashba. Especially early on during his tenure with guns. When I aaw gnr in 02' with finck and bucket it was like a freak show. While that line up may have been more talented, it never meshed as a band. It was honestly one of the worst concerts Ive ever been to, and most of the crowd would prolly agree with me. While I do give bucket and finck props for making cd, I am personally glad they are gone, especially finck. I liked him better in 06' but still not enough. My main problem with finck is he really isnt a bluesy enough player for gnr. When he would try and play bliesy stuff it seemed forced, where dj is more natural at it. Which makes him a better fit for gnr imo. Is finck more talented than ashba? Maybe. Is bucket more talented than ron? Prolly. But this line up feels more like gnr than that line up ever did imo. And I personally think an axl, ashba, and ron album would prolly be better than cd, but it will prolly never happen because axl is still holding on to cd left overs. But I think ron and dj should get a song or two on the next album.

This is how I rank gnr's guitarists
1. Slash- obvious, his impact helped shape the band
2. Izzy- best song writter of the bunch
3. Buckethead- incrediable talent, prolly most talented of the bunch, better solo artist
4. Bumblefoot- can play anything anyone else can, his own music lacks a little something imo
5. Finck- very good player, can play his own stuff is better than he can play gnr stuff
6. Ashaba- good songwritter, producer, and bluesy guitar player. Not as talented,as the rest
7. Fortus- very good all around player, but not great at anything
8. Gilby- izzy replacement, good rhythm player. I think I can play a better lead guitar than he can.
9. Tobias- axl's friend, thats about it. I know I can play better than him
"Their are four kinds of people in this world those with common sence, those with book smarts, those with both, and those with neither, which one are you?"--- MikeyJ

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
That's the point though - when Axl hired Bucket and Finck he was making a statement, that he was cutting ties with his past and progressing musically. And it was great! Then he hired Dee Gay Fagba and it seemed like he had given up, and was content to do Guns N' Roses Karaoke forever more. And I have not seen anything since to prove otherwise. Hell, he could have waited for Finck - the NIN farewell tour ended before the GnR tour began, or was very close to it.
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

hairy-balls

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:17 PM »
That's the point though - when Axl hired Bucket and Finck he was making a statement, that he was cutting ties with his past and progressing musically. And it was great! Then he hired Dee Gay Fagba and it seemed like he had given up, and was content to do Guns N' Roses Karaoke forever more. And I have not seen anything since to prove otherwise.
you just said what I could never have found the right words for but still mirrors my mind.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
Ditto.
Humanary Stew

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
Hell, he could have waited for Finck - the NIN farewell tour ended before the GnR tour began...

Be that as it may, I didn't have the impression Finck wanted them to wait for him.  :shy:

RistiK

• King Dick
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »
Yes I play guitar, I didn't audition.  I criticize him because he is shite  :thumbsup:

I hate his appearance just as i hated Finck's in the early days BUT Finck is an excellent songwriter, and wrote some fantastic solos.  He may get called sloppy live but i do not for one second accept that Ashba is a better player or an improvement.  Not in a million years. 

yea...

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 10:39:55 AM »
That's the point though - when Axl hired Bucket and Finck he was making a statement, that he was cutting ties with his past and progressing musically. And it was great! Then he hired Dee Gay Fagba and it seemed like he had given up, and was content to do Guns N' Roses Karaoke forever more. And I have not seen anything since to prove otherwise. Hell, he could have waited for Finck - the NIN farewell tour ended before the GnR tour began, or was very close to it.

That doesnt really rhyme with Axl saying he had his eye on DJ for over 10 years. It couldn't be a very sudden idea of Axl... It seems like he saw in DJ a very talented musician.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
That doesnt really rhyme with Axl saying he had his eye on DJ for over 10 years. It couldn't be a very sudden idea of Axl... It seems like he saw in DJ a very talented musician.

So why hire Tobias/Bucket/Fortus/Bumble/Finck over him then? This sounds like retconning from Axl to me...
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 01:56:54 AM »
That was just Axl talking shit to make DJ feel like the big man, Axl is good that way, trying to reverse the damage the bullies did.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:26:01 AM by rds.06 »
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 08:00:59 AM »
So why hire Tobias/Bucket/Fortus/Bumble/Finck over him then? ...

They were cheaper.  ;)

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »
So why hire Tobias/Bucket/Fortus/Bumble/Finck over him then? This sounds like retconning from Axl to me...

You can want someone in your band while still prefering other people. I would like Kirk Hammet in my band, but if Bumblefoot and Buckethead are available as well, I would pick them first. Although seeing it as a bit of DJ-pep talk seems equally legit to me.

IrishConnor94

• Bedouin
    • The Rock N' Metal Blog
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28:50 PM »
I despise the cunt, if he was a fag and talented then i would ignore his fagness, but he is a little talentless, undeserving, rim ramming homo fuck.

Plus he wears a top hat on stage! Gee Ashba, a Guns N' Roses lead guitarist in a top hat? I feel I've seen this before. Who are you pretending to be there?
Connor Rae from The Rock N' Metal Blog http://www.therocknmetalblog.blogspot.ca/

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »
julian cleary methinks...
Humanary Stew

NeetziD

• So The Little Got More And More
  • A Double Distilled Badass/Tight n' Sexy Smartass!
    • Displaced Frequency
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »

Not only that but Richard is a better lead player than Ashba and is relegated to 90% rhythm...  Such a waste

I agree, Richard IS more talented than Ashba. And much more goodlooking too! Okay, I take the last one back. It's unfair that all the goodlooking men are elder than my dad. *smh*
Freud was confused at the time. The Y chromosome is an X with one of it's legs chopped of. What he meant was "males are genetically castrated women."

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 11:20:42 AM »
Ashba butchers every GnR song he touches.  Shit technique, shit level of skill.  SHIT

I seriously hope GnR never release another album, I am cringing at the thought of it.
W.