While I agree with a lot of what you guys have been saying about ashba, I think you cant judge him fairly untill he does a record with guns.
I hated finck the way you guys hated ashba. Especially early on during his tenure with guns. When I aaw gnr in 02' with finck and bucket it was like a freak show. While that line up may have been more talented, it never meshed as a band. It was honestly one of the worst concerts Ive ever been to, and most of the crowd would prolly agree with me. While I do give bucket and finck props for making cd, I am personally glad they are gone, especially finck. I liked him better in 06' but still not enough. My main problem with finck is he really isnt a bluesy enough player for gnr. When he would try and play bliesy stuff it seemed forced, where dj is more natural at it. Which makes him a better fit for gnr imo. Is finck more talented than ashba? Maybe. Is bucket more talented than ron? Prolly. But this line up feels more like gnr than that line up ever did imo. And I personally think an axl, ashba, and ron album would prolly be better than cd, but it will prolly never happen because axl is still holding on to cd left overs. But I think ron and dj should get a song or two on the next album.
This is how I rank gnr's guitarists
1. Slash- obvious, his impact helped shape the band
2. Izzy- best song writter of the bunch
3. Buckethead- incrediable talent, prolly most talented of the bunch, better solo artist
4. Bumblefoot- can play anything anyone else can, his own music lacks a little something imo
5. Finck- very good player, can play his own stuff is better than he can play gnr stuff
6. Ashaba- good songwritter, producer, and bluesy guitar player. Not as talented,as the rest
7. Fortus- very good all around player, but not great at anything
8. Gilby- izzy replacement, good rhythm player. I think I can play a better lead guitar than he can.
9. Tobias- axl's friend, thats about it. I know I can play better than him