Please login or register. May 28, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

Author Topic: Prometheus  (Read 10117 times)

smoothie illusion

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
Prometheus
« on: June 01, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
Anybody else stoked for this movie? I think it looks awesome

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
Re: Prometheus
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 06:52:39 AM »
I cant wait to see it, Im not sure if people realise its the prequel to Alien
Humanary Stew

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
I wonder if aliens are in it? I also wonder if prometheus is the name of the ship they stop to explore in the first alien? But ya cant wait.
"Their are four kinds of people in this world those with common sence, those with book smarts, those with both, and those with neither, which one are you?"--- MikeyJ

smoothie illusion

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:50:52 PM »
I cant wait to see it, Im not sure if people realise its the prequel to Alien

i heard it is, but at the same time isn't...whatever that means

RoboAxl

• NewGNR Crew!
  • All Geared Up
  • The Mod Who Knocks
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
Won't get to see it until next week. Reviews have tempered my expectations somewhat.
Fuck Cork and all Cork related things

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:08:09 AM »
She is so fucking hot. I don't even need to try and spell her name and you know who I'm talking about.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Max_Power

• Very Old At Heart
  • ;)
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 02:58:56 AM »
The plot synopsis is already on Wikipedia

also, the story's confusing, and I don't really understand what they're trying with the Alien tie in, since Ridley Scott said any potential sequels will only drift farther away from the alien frachise
i dunno

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
The ship in the original Alien features in this film. Most importantly I think this film will party explain or deal with the 'being' found dead in that ship with his chest burst. Perhaps they created the Aliens? Perhaps they're our 'genetic ancestors' or some shit.

I dunno, but the Alien franchise is fucking brilliant (3 and Resurrection aside.. lol) and I will see this on release simply because Ridley is back in the helm.

smoothie illusion

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 07:39:27 PM »
Won't get to see it until next week. Reviews have tempered my expectations somewhat.

Indeed, its still above 80 on rotten tomatoes..but that will probably plunge when its released worldwide

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
Hmm. I'm still very keen.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
I knew nothing of all this, just saw the ad and figured its an Alien prequel....still keen though  :shy:
Humanary Stew

smoothie illusion

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:32 AM »
Movie was spectacular I thought  :thumbsup:

*Estranged*

• All Geared Up
  • Official First Member of the Prostitutes Union.
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 11:58:43 PM »
I really likes the movie, but at the same time i felt feeling unfulfilled
I am, smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed. I am, smelling like a rose that somebody gave me cause I'm dead and bloated.

smoothie illusion

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 07:18:43 AM »
There were certainly no questions answered which usually is an immediate dismissal from me, but I found myself really enjoying despite its lack of finality.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:39:07 PM »
finally saw it and fucking loved it.

And...SHE.IS.SO.FUC KING.HOT. :unibrow:
Humanary Stew

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
She must be super human the way she was running around after having been cut the fuck wide open. Look I enjoyed it but.. C'mon what a let down with the unveiling of the Engineers. They looked ridiculous.

But that aside, I liked the explanation of how the Xenomorph came to be - a weapon of war, of mass extermination. I thought that was interesting.

Still, it was no Alien sequel - I really hope that the next film ties in more with the Alien universe but as we already know they're heading to the Engineers home planet, there probably won't be any Xenomorph's.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 07:53:31 AM »
yeah Id be fucked doing all that physical shit she does sans c section (and as we all know Im in superb physical condition  :fuckyeah:) I expected her to die...I thought the space jockeys were brilliant...the film certainly divides opinion
Humanary Stew

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 04:57:20 PM »
Still, it was no Alien sequel ...

I'm no expert on this and didn't watch this one... but: wasn't it supposed to be a "prequel"?

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:24 AM »
yeah Id be fucked doing all that physical shit she does sans c section (and as we all know Im in superb physical condition  :fuckyeah:) I expected her to die...I thought the space jockeys were brilliant...the film certainly divides opinion

Oh you liked the Engineers? Hmm.. Guess I just had different expectations. Do you reckon they used Aliens to exterminate planets or simply "refresh" that planet so they could start again? Creating life or whatever they do.

I'm no expert on this and didn't watch this one... but: wasn't it supposed to be a "prequel"?

Ya it's like a prequel/a story within the Alien universe not entirely centered around the Aliens.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 09:17:04 AM »
its all conjecture but i took their creation of the xenomorph or whatever was for the purpose of wiping the slate clean.

ripley was of course an awesome character but do all the heroes in these films need to be women?
watching this prompted me to buy alien 3 and 4-havent watched 4 yet but 3 is pretty lousy...not avp lousy but yeah-i saw it way back then,never seen 4...

ps fuck caps i dont have a pc and have to type it out on an xbox-slow as fuck
Humanary Stew

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 12:13:36 PM »
3 is the shittest in the series not considering AVP or AVP2 in my opinion. I thought Resurrection grounded the series more to its roots but was still no Aliens.

How did you like it?

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
3 sucked a lot of cock but imo 4/resurrection just took the piss.

Its nearly a comedy...just felt like the least "alien" film of all to me, great visuals etc and the smugglers were cool but felt nothing like any of the others and for me its down there with the avp films.

Besides the inflammatory/pointless slaying of hicks and newt at the start of 3 and an egg on the ship being totally inexplicable it at least had a few moments of suspense...i actually think resurrection is the worst ofall.
Humanary Stew

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 07:34:08 AM »
Definitely produces polarizing views.

At least we agree only the first two films were legendary :thumbsup:

nickukgnrfan

• King Dick
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 03:37:33 AM »
i thought prometheus was a great film. lots of hidden messages and meanings.
but the script could have been alot better..

just a couple of my own thought on film.

"I love those who do not first seek a reason beyond the stars for going down and being sacrifices, but sacrifice themselves to the earth, that the earth may become the Overman's."  - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Now, the biggest two clues come from the beginning of the film and what the lead characters find in the temple on LV-223. Now, Ridley Scott is on record as saying that the engineers are ‘dark angels’¹. And you may ask - which engineers? Indeed, the two clues come from the engineer we see at the beginning of the film and the engineer that we see on LV-223.

GOOD

BAD

Keep those two images in your mind.

So what happened around 2,000 years ago is that these dark angels were busy fashioning a final solution; the heralding of the anti-Christ starting with this black goo mutagen. Now a big clue comes when Holloway finds an altar and a mural. Depicted on the mural is a cruciform xenomorph on a pentagram and on top of the altar sits an emerald stone.

What is this emerald stone? in the trailers it was a saucer or a cup, a 'grail' if you will, it was replaced with a green stone in the final film. Why? In Parzival, which was another telling of the Grail legend, in the Great War between the fallen angels and God and his angels, Lucifer had a green emerald stone in his heavenly crown, but during the cosmic battle in which Lucifer was ejected from heaven, it fell from his crown to earth. Is it a coincidence that we have a green stone on top of an altar and a mural that looks blatantly like a pentagram? Lindelof is on record as saying that there are no accidents in Prometheus and that every choice Ridley made had a very specific and deliberate purpose

So what were they planning to do with this mutagenic compound? To corrupt man in order to counter the self-sacrificial emissary, who through an act of self-sacrifice would replenish the bloodline of the corrupt race of men using the same substance. Clearly, we can see that the results of the black goo differ only in how it is applied. When applied through an act of self-sacrifice and water baptism, we have the building blocks of life.

When applied via sex and by any other means other than self-sacrifice, aka Sin, we get xenomorphic beasts, serpents and death. Pretty big contrast huh? In their hubris these dark angels destroy themselves either before the sacrificial emissary set to plan a sacrificial act of drinking from the cup of life to clean and restore sinful man’s bloodline or after the fact. Ergo, the first of these emissaries could just as easily be the engineer at the beginning of the film and his sacramental self-sacrifice and disintegration is but one of many ‘crucifixions’ to restore paradise. Indeed, the Alien: Engineers script describes him as standing cruciform

his is Ridley’s science fiction re-tell of Milton’s Paradise Lost and is throwing in the recurring symbols and motifs of Sumerian and Greek myth also. The War on Heaven is the back-story between rebel engineers and angelic engineers, where the rebel engineers use the life giving substance not through self-sacrifice but through sin and death and through an equally inverse act of sacrifice also use themselves as hosts to beget monsters. The sacrificial figure that redeemed the bloodline 2,000 years prior did not completely restore the bloodline however and much of the Dark Angels’ bloodline still persisted through the generations regressively due to the miscegenation between mortal women and fallen angels that spawned the Nephilim, the Giants (more on this in a minute).  These dark angels, and their hybrid offspring in the Book of Enoch, are brutes who only use humans toward their own selfish ends to usurp the Lord’s favored creation; this is echoed by Weyland’s deliberate handpicking of a sub-par crew to further his own selfish quest for self-preservation and power, i.e., they both sacrifice others for their own self-preservation, an inverse of sacrifice. Contrast this with the sacrificial engineer at the beginning of the film; he sacrifices himself with the life substance for the preservation and renewal of life beyond his self. He is a Christ figure. I think Ridley has already alluded to what occurred 2,000 years ago in the very beginning of the film,

Now, the fact that the saucer or ‘grail’ etched with the Tree of Life on the altar was replaced with an emerald stone seems to further validate that these engineers on LV-223 were luciferian dark angels. Also contrast the saucer ship at the beginning of the film with the Juggernauts on LV-223...Yeah it’s that saucer motif again.

What is more is that Ridley stated that there were multiple ‘emissaries’ just like in reality from Horus, Osiris, Prometheus, Zarasthustra, geshtu-e, Mithra, etc. The fact that the sacrificial Christ-like engineer at the beginning resembles more the sacrifices of Osiris and Geshtu-e is rather telling. Thus, Shaw’s faith and of Jesus is a degraded memory passed down through one culture as are all the other myths and religions; they’re fabrications that embody the true events that took place at the beginning of the film and throughout further ages. Remember what Shaw’s father says in the dream, “They don’t want my help. Their God is different than mine.”

Now, if you look at the figure in the pictograms, he is pointing to six stars...Why six? Well if you read Genesis 1 through 6, you will find your answers. Genesis three speaks of the Serpent...it looks like Shaw and the crew landed in the star system correlating with Genesis 3 huh? And remember what the planetoid is called? LV-223, ala, Leviticus 22:3 –

Say to them, “If any one of all your offspring throughout your generations approaches the holy things that the people of Israel dedicate to the LORD, while he has an uncleanness, that person shall be cut off from my presence: I am the LORD.”

Now, if the dear reader can recall, there was something etched on the sacrificial engineer’s saucer lid...What was it again? Yep, a tree, and going by what results from this engineer’s self-sacrifice, the tree can only symbolize the Tree of Life.

When they ate of the Tree of Knowledge they did so because they were tempted by the devil; the serpent. Eve was deceived into thinking she was doing some wonderful thing. Very likely, they had not yet gotten to the Tree of Life because they had not been in the garden very long. For four main rivers to flow out of it the place must have been huge. (Genesis 2:10-14) So, what that sacrificial Christ-like engineer is doing at the beginning of the film is either replenishing man’s bloodline, indeed, sacrificing himself to cleanse man’s genetic sins or is fashioning the first humans, i.e. evolving ape-like ancestors into graceful denizens of Paradise, and for a time, it was good. This is essentially Ridley’s or maybe Damon’s interpretation of Genesis, the Fall, the War on Heaven and the Passion and it is pretty darn clever if you ask me.

What's interesting is that Damon stated that he and Ridley watched the first three Alien films, and given Ripley's self-sacrifice on Fury 161 into a burning pit of lava to rid the Beast that is the alien Queen (or bitch rather), I can't help but think that this corresponds with the fourth and final fall of the Beast and it brings together the mythos of the series in a rather beautiful fashion.

(meshuggah )

OFF TO PARADISE WE GO !! ..   :rockon:

(Hopefully We See More Of The Deacon Too)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:39:56 AM by nickukgnrfan »
It Is My Feeling That Time Ripens All Things; With Time All Things Are Revealed; Time Is The Father Of Truth.

nickukgnrfan

• King Dick
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:20 AM »
Noomi Rapace confirms a “Prometheus 2″ script is being written

Damon Lindelof might not be working on “Prometheus 2,” but someone is. Leading lady Noomi Rapace confirmed that a screenplay is indeed being written for the upcoming Ridley Scott film.

“They’re working on the script,” she told The Playlist, not confirming who “they” is. “I met Ridley in London a couple of weeks ago. I would love to work with him again and I know that he would like to do another one. It’s just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will.”

Many fans might feel otherwise, as “Prometheus” was deemed to have been something of a letdown story-wise. But the movie did leave off with a big cliffhanger that implied that there is more to the story of Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw and Michael Fassbender’s David.

Rapace addressed what the sequel could be about during her interview, saying that there are a lot of “conversations” raised by “Prometheus” that she’d like to continue. “People, most people I’ve talked to who see the movie, see things that are quite different. Some people who see the movie many times and discover new things,” she said. “There are all these religious aspects and there are very interesting conversations. And for me, if we do a second one, there are a lot of things to explore in there and to continue. I would love to do it.”

There is no projected release date for “Prometheus 2″ — or “Prometheus-er,” as Lindelof jokingly called it — as it seems like Scott is making sure he has a story worth telling before officially signing on to make the movie.

Link - http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/02/noomi-rapace-prometheus-2-script
It Is My Feeling That Time Ripens All Things; With Time All Things Are Revealed; Time Is The Father Of Truth.

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »
 :bow:

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:20 AM »

"I love those who do not first seek a reason beyond the stars for going down and being sacrifices, but sacrifice themselves to the earth, that the earth may become the Overman's."  - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Now, the biggest two clues come from the beginning of the film and what the lead characters find in the temple on LV-223. Now, Ridley Scott is on record as saying that the engineers are ‘dark angels’¹. And you may ask - which engineers? Indeed, the two clues come from the engineer we see at the beginning of the film and the engineer that we see on LV-223.

GOOD

BAD

So what happened around 2,000 years ago is that these dark angels were busy fashioning a final solution; the heralding of the anti-Christ starting with this black goo mutagen. Now a big clue comes when Holloway finds an altar and a mural. Depicted on the mural is a cruciform xenomorph on a pentagram and on top of the altar sits an emerald stone.

What is this emerald stone? in the trailers it was a saucer or a cup, a 'grail' if you will, it was replaced with a green stone in the final film. Why? In Parzival, which was another telling of the Grail legend, in the Great War between the fallen angels and God and his angels, Lucifer had a green emerald stone in his heavenly crown, but during the cosmic battle in which Lucifer was ejected from heaven, it fell from his crown to earth. Is it a coincidence that we have a green stone on top of an altar and a mural that looks blatantly like a pentagram? Lindelof is on record as saying that there are no accidents in Prometheus and that every choice Ridley made had a very specific and deliberate purpose

So what were they planning to do with this mutagenic compound? To corrupt man in order to counter the self-sacrificial emissary, who through an act of self-sacrifice would replenish the bloodline of the corrupt race of men using the same substance. Clearly, we can see that the results of the black goo differ only in how it is applied. When applied through an act of self-sacrifice and water baptism, we have the building blocks of life.

When applied via sex and by any other means other than self-sacrifice, aka Sin, we get xenomorphic beasts, serpents and death. Pretty big contrast huh? In their hubris these dark angels destroy themselves either before the sacrificial emissary set to plan a sacrificial act of drinking from the cup of life to clean and restore sinful man’s bloodline or after the fact. Ergo, the first of these emissaries could just as easily be the engineer at the beginning of the film and his sacramental self-sacrifice and disintegration is but one of many ‘crucifixions’ to restore paradise. Indeed, the Alien: Engineers script describes him as standing cruciform

his is Ridley’s science fiction re-tell of Milton’s Paradise Lost and is throwing in the recurring symbols and motifs of Sumerian and Greek myth also. The War on Heaven is the back-story between rebel engineers and angelic engineers, where the rebel engineers use the life giving substance not through self-sacrifice but through sin and death and through an equally inverse act of sacrifice also use themselves as hosts to beget monsters. The sacrificial figure that redeemed the bloodline 2,000 years prior did not completely restore the bloodline however and much of the Dark Angels’ bloodline still persisted through the generations regressively due to the miscegenation between mortal women and fallen angels that spawned the Nephilim, the Giants (more on this in a minute).  These dark angels, and their hybrid offspring in the Book of Enoch, are brutes who only use humans toward their own selfish ends to usurp the Lord’s favored creation; this is echoed by Weyland’s deliberate handpicking of a sub-par crew to further his own selfish quest for self-preservation and power, i.e., they both sacrifice others for their own self-preservation, an inverse of sacrifice. Contrast this with the sacrificial engineer at the beginning of the film; he sacrifices himself with the life substance for the preservation and renewal of life beyond his self. He is a Christ figure. I think Ridley has already alluded to what occurred 2,000 years ago in the very beginning of the film,

Now, the fact that the saucer or ‘grail’ etched with the Tree of Life on the altar was replaced with an emerald stone seems to further validate that these engineers on LV-223 were luciferian dark angels. Also contrast the saucer ship at the beginning of the film with the Juggernauts on LV-223...Yeah it’s that saucer motif again.

What is more is that Ridley stated that there were multiple ‘emissaries’ just like in reality from Horus, Osiris, Prometheus, Zarasthustra, geshtu-e, Mithra, etc. The fact that the sacrificial Christ-like engineer at the beginning resembles more the sacrifices of Osiris and Geshtu-e is rather telling. Thus, Shaw’s faith and of Jesus is a degraded memory passed down through one culture as are all the other myths and religions; they’re fabrications that embody the true events that took place at the beginning of the film and throughout further ages. Remember what Shaw’s father says in the dream, “They don’t want my help. Their God is different than mine.”

Now, if you look at the figure in the pictograms, he is pointing to six stars...Why six? Well if you read Genesis 1 through 6, you will find your answers. Genesis three speaks of the Serpent...it looks like Shaw and the crew landed in the star system correlating with Genesis 3 huh? And remember what the planetoid is called? LV-223, ala, Leviticus 22:3 –

Say to them, “If any one of all your offspring throughout your generations approaches the holy things that the people of Israel dedicate to the LORD, while he has an uncleanness, that person shall be cut off from my presence: I am the LORD.”

Now, if the dear reader can recall, there was something etched on the sacrificial engineer’s saucer lid...What was it again? Yep, a tree, and going by what results from this engineer’s self-sacrifice, the tree can only symbolize the Tree of Life.

When they ate of the Tree of Knowledge they did so because they were tempted by the devil; the serpent. Eve was deceived into thinking she was doing some wonderful thing. Very likely, they had not yet gotten to the Tree of Life because they had not been in the garden very long. For four main rivers to flow out of it the place must have been huge. (Genesis 2:10-14) So, what that sacrificial Christ-like engineer is doing at the beginning of the film is either replenishing man’s bloodline, indeed, sacrificing himself to cleanse man’s genetic sins or is fashioning the first humans, i.e. evolving ape-like ancestors into graceful denizens of Paradise, and for a time, it was good. This is essentially Ridley’s or maybe Damon’s interpretation of Genesis, the Fall, the War on Heaven and the Passion and it is pretty darn clever if you ask me.

What's interesting is that Damon stated that he and Ridley watched the first three Alien films, and given Ripley's self-sacrifice on Fury 161 into a burning pit of lava to rid the Beast that is the alien Queen (or bitch rather), I can't help but think that this corresponds with the fourth and final fall of the Beast and it brings together the mythos of the series in a rather beautiful fashion.

(meshuggah )

I was totally going to post that,but i was too busy smoking marlboros and drinking jack daniels :troll:
Humanary Stew

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »
I could barely bear watch it from beginning to end. Not my thing definitely.

nickukgnrfan

• King Dick
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
Here Are Some Unused Concept Art From Prometheus.

By Carlos Huante..

Space Jockey / Engineer .

Space Jockey / Engineer Two

Fifield / Babyhead

Holloway's Original Death Scene

Holloway's Alien Parasite Unused

Ultramorph Alien design

Unused Ultramorph Alien 2

nickukgnrfan

• King Dick
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 03:29:51 PM »
Ridley Scott Looking For Paradise Locations??

Ridley Scott has traveled to the island of Gran Canaria (Spain) according to this source to film a movie without revealing too many details, and here they say that he traveled with his usual collaborator Arthur Max.

According to this article Scott said: "We have been seeing possible locations for a great movie, we found several that we liked a lot, and that means that I will return. Basically we seek natural landscapes, wild nature, but at this stage we will have to build many great things, that's what I do ".

Furthermore he added: "I don't want to talk about the film because it is confidential," he reiterated several times yesterday. "It takes place in natural settings, with important scenarios and funds with big mountains, big rocks, deserts, etc. Correspondingly the film Lawrence of Arabia that had many scenarios, impressive backgrounds, is the same style" said.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the sequel of Prometheus...becaus e I read a few days ago that Ridley will be responsible for directing a movie about Moses called "Exodus" and 12 short of science fiction for Machinima.

nickukgnrfan

• King Dick
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
Exclusive: Prometheus 2 Casting Update! [CONFIRMED]

News on Prometheus 2 has been slow as of late. We're nearing the one year mark since Prometheus hit theaters last June and in the past month and half we've heard some concerning news, followed by some confusing news. At first we heard that Prometheus 2 was struggling to find a story, which was quickly debunked by Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof, when he personally put the rumor to rest. However, today we have some more positive news for those eager for the Prometheus sequel!

I received an email this afternoon by someone who claims to be working close to the Prometheus 2 project. This individual, who will remain anonymous, offered information on Prometheus 2's casting situation.

According to the source, Ridley Scott, who is still set to direct Prometheus 2 has apparently met many times with an English actor named Rik Barnett for an undisclosed role in Prometheus 2. The source adds that Rik's potential role could be connected to Noomi Rapace's character (Elizabeth Shaw).

Our source adds that until the script is finalized, anything is possible and nothing is final, but they do hint at the strong possibility that Rik Barnett will have some kind of role in Prometheus 2. The fact that Ridley is reportedly personally meeting with this actor on multiple occasions, suggests that his role will not be a minor one and with the hint that his role could relate to Rapace's Elizabeth Shaw adds further speculation!

But who is Rik Barnett? Well, He is an English actor who won best supporting actor award from Ibiza International Film Festival in 2010, for his work in Rebels Without a Clue. You can learn more about him on his website as well as a history of his works, by visiting his IMDB page.

Fans will agree, it's great to have some news on Prometheus 2 finally, especially after the bit of concerning rumors which were circulating about a month ago. But with this update, assuming Rik Barnett does get the role, what role do you think it will be? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!

UPDATE: A second, very reliable source, who will also remain anonymous has just confirmed this news to me. However, like the initial post, nothing is yet set in stone as the plot for Prometheus 2 is still being worked on. But as of right now, this news is confirmed by 2, very reliable sources. - Enjoy!

meshuggah

• Failure To Communicate
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »

GOOD

BAD

(meshuggah )

Hi, this is Meshuggah here, while I'm flattered that you copy and pasted my post titled 'A War Between Gods and Bloodlines'  from prometheusforum.net, I would have appreciated it if you quoted my work properly, 'just a couple of my of my own thought on film' (sic), I love that you said that and then snuck in the real author in parentheses at the end. Again I'm flattered but please don't copy and paste my analysis and present it as your own.

Sincerely Meshuggah

ElectricAve

• Failure To Communicate
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »
Please don't steal my Pinicchio and Xibalba stuff either, thanks  :laugh2:

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »
 :lol:

So can you two share any insight into a Prometheus sequel that may or may not be common knowledge around the net? Pretty keen to see how this pans out.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 12:12:12 PM »
Hi, this is Meshuggah here, while I'm flattered that you copy and pasted my post titled 'A War Between Gods and Bloodlines'  from prometheusforum.net, I would have appreciated it if you quoted my work properly, 'just a couple of my of my own thought on film' (sic), I love that you said that and then snuck in the real author in parentheses at the end. Again I'm flattered but please don't copy and paste my analysis and present it as your own.

Sincerely Meshuggah

Fair play like, but, err, how did you find this thread?
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

nickukgnrfan

• King Dick
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
Meshuggah name was posted at the end of his analysis i thought this was clear to every one that Meshuggah was the original poster.

not once did i claim or have claimed to be the person or person's responsible for this interpretation of
Sir Ridley Scott film Prometheus.

If it is your wish for me to remove or edit , i will do so.

but this was not passed of as my own idea's or thoughts, i was just hoping to share this theroy /
interpretation .

if you find the time to reply please don't be offered if i do not respond right away as i have limited time on forum's and unfortunately the internet ..

nickyukgnrfan /   (real name - Hiroo )   

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »
Yeah, if you don't post a link, or use the quote feature, people tend to assume you're posting your own thoughts. Weird that, init?   :~

On topic

Isn't this movie a bit shite? I haven't seen it myself, but I know a good few people who went the flicks to watch it and they were massively disappointed.
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 08:58:15 AM »
I liked it.

I assumed this was from a doco or sumthin.
Humanary Stew

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 02:15:47 PM »
Yeah, if you don't post a link, or use the quote feature, people tend to assume you're posting your own thoughts. Weird that, init?   :~

On topic

Isn't this movie a bit shite? I haven't seen it myself, but I know a good few people who went the flicks to watch it and they were massively disappointed.

Personal opinion. It is overly ambitious and asks more questions than it answers, that aside, very enjoyable.