Please login or register. December 23, 2014, 12:25:41 AM

Author Topic: Whats are Les Paul Studio's like?  (Read 7206 times)

Gnrlies25

• Fuckin' Innocent
Whats are Les Paul Studio's like?
« on: April 25, 2012, 04:14:49 AM »
5 years ago you could not get a Gibson Les Paul Studio for less than $2000 but since our dollar is stronger than the US you can now get em for between $1400-1700.

I own a Charvel Model 6 is the neck same sort of width or close to?
Original member of GNRonline.com from 2000
Guitar player; own a 1988 Burgundy Mist Charvel Model 6

c!

• Won't Be Told Anymore
Re: Whats are Les Paul Studio's like?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
Go to a guitar store, ask for a Gibson Les Paul Studio and try it. That's the ONLY accurate way to judge if the guitar is comfortable for you  ;)

Gnrlies25

• Fuckin' Innocent
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »
I know that but im $1,700 away from having enough cash so i was just after some opinions for now :)
Original member of GNRonline.com from 2000
Guitar player; own a 1988 Burgundy Mist Charvel Model 6

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »
Don't let that stop you! Just go in the store, play it, then bugger off. They can't say anything to you. Just remember, there is always somebody in every guitar shop who goes in daily and plays a guitar without ever buying. YOU could be that person ;)
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

c!

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 01:50:59 AM »
Exactly, buying a guitar without trying first is what most people do an it's a big mistake.

The main point is that you might not even like the feel of the guitar. Maybe the neck is too fat for you, or too wide, or the frets are too big, or whatever... You could (and should!) even try other guitars, just because you can, you never know, maybe you'll find a beauty you'll fall in love with!

I know a lot of guys out there want a certain guitar because their favourite guitarists use THAT brand or THAT model... but your technique, your hand size, the length and thickness of your fingers, arms, etc may not be the best match for that guitar.

And don't be embarrassed about the trying the guitar. Go to the store, ask for a Les Paul Studio and ask someone from the store what other guitars with a similar sound they have in the same price range and try them all, you can even go every week and just try guitars until you make up your mind, after all it's a big investment and they wouldn't expect you to buy the 1st guitar you try or even worse, buy a guitar without trying it first :)

Faxl

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 10:52:30 AM »
Don't let that stop you! Just go in the store, play it, then bugger off. They can't say anything to you. Just remember, there is always somebody in every guitar shop who goes in daily and plays a guitar without ever buying. YOU could be that person ;)

I did that for about 5 months :D

rontism

• A Stranger We Met
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:08:44 AM »
mate for that money you could get a second les paul , classic, or standard

i would get either of them over a studio , there is nothing wrong with a studio , but it is not a standard !!!

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 02:22:02 PM »
Imagine if a vacume store was like a guitar shop. A bunch of broke fuckers wanting to try out the new hoover. I am a vacumist!!!
"Their are four kinds of people in this world those with common sence, those with book smarts, those with both, and those with neither, which one are you?"--- MikeyJ

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »
Don't go to guitar center, they prefer to not let you play the good ones. They will let you play epiphone les paul all day, but good luck asking to play a standard or custom.

But on a side note, I no longer go to music stores and waste time playing their stuff. I have a marshall jcm 900 and a wolfgang guitar, so I just have to go in the basement and play as loud as I want.
"Their are four kinds of people in this world those with common sence, those with book smarts, those with both, and those with neither, which one are you?"--- MikeyJ

mitophin22

• Very Old At Heart
  • Say that again?
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 02:14:56 AM »
Gibson studio? Might as well get a Epiphone custom or standard.
I almost gave a F#*k

Peaches

• All Geared Up
  • I am
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:44:58 PM »
they're pretty ghey unless they're NEW. either that or this place sucks for those, because EVERY good guitar here has an easy buzz.
HIGH AS FUCK.