Ive been listening to GNR for a quarter century, and have accumulated some cool stories to share. (I'm 33).
1) My first GNR concert was the first comeback show in Vegas at the House of Blues in 2001? While waiting in line with my floor tickets, the people next to me wanted to trade me for their more expensive assigned seating tickets. I agreed to it and then at the last minute changed my mind. Sure enough, and they tryed to enter when they scanned their tickets they were fake. They have bought them online, and they were just a printed out page. I honestly didn't think they knew, as they had come from out of state to see the show. Sucks for them, but the show was awesome. I still remember it well as it was part of history.
2) I also was at the Vancouver no show riot in 2002. A friend and I flew up there, and were having a great time. To our dismay, outside the venue they announces that Axl didn't show and the show was canceled. The crowd went nuts, and started using metal bike racks as battering rams to break out the venue windows! People were thowing fireworks, and the cops were using tear gas. It was crazy.
The next day we drove down to Tacoma and Axl did show up to the second show there. It was sweet, and during Nighttrain I threw my cowboy hat on-stage and Axl wore it for the song.
3) I also went in 2002 to minneapolis, quad cites, fargo, chicago, toronto, and london ontario. All those were awesome shows, and we hit the clubs and partied after the shows.
4) This one was cool. I think it in 2006 I went to the Aimes IA show. I'm a private pilot, and wanted to see the show. I jumped in my Cessna 182 and flew from MN, to Aimes IA. Typically when you fly at night, to turn the airport light on at uncontrolled airports you click the mic a few times on the frequency you talk on. After several attempts at this the damn lights just were not coming on. I had already flown there, adn was just circling. After a few minutes I said wth, and landed anyways with no lights, lol. I later found out from the ground people there that it was a weird airport, and had a separate frequency for airport lights.
Anyways, I took the airport pilots courtesy car to the arena, and the show was cool. The funny part about this was there was a total of 2 airplanes on the tarmac in aimes ia. The band's jet, and my cessna. ha ha I felt important as only the band and I had flown in for the show.
5)More recently I saw gnr in vegas a few years back. At the cab line at the hard rock hotel I met Paul Tobias the day after the show. I think it was over new years im not sure- he seemed pretty cool, but I couldnt help have a tad bit of anamosity in the back of my mind as I knew he was one of the reasons that Slash was gone. (I'm a big slash fan)
6) I attended both 2011 new years eve shows at the Hard Rock in vegas. Both shows were absolutely awesome. It was ever better becasue they were free. My casino host comped the tickets for both shows! jeeeah! It was a great weekend in vegas, and the shows were 100%
7) Just a couple weeks ago, I flew to Philly to meet my friend. We partied in Philly for a day(which was a dump), then drive to Atlantic City to See gnr. He tells me on the way in its so much better than Vegas. In reality it was dirty, ugly, and no qwhere close to vegas, lol. We had dinner at the restaraunt right new to the house of blues, which was good because i had to buy the dinner/combo tickets. They were sold out of normal tickets. This worked out because the dinner was really good, and would have been like 120$ without the deal.
The show itself was the worst gnr show Ive been to. The sound mix was messed up for thr first 5 songs, and I wasnt diggin the crowd. Mabey I was just in a bad mood becasue atlantic city sucked. It was cool to see another up close show though, and after they fixed the mix correctly I enjoyed the later parts of the show. Seeing Estaranged and Civil war was awesome.
After the show, I was hanging out at the casino bar, and Dizzy and DJ ashba were there. There were a bunch of hotties flocking around them. My 2 friends I was there with didn't know DJ was in the band, they were just along to drink, and aren't really gnr fans. So anyways, they were jealous the DJ was getting the female attenetion, they they were cracking dumb jokes like "why are all the chicks in to Chris Angel". Anyways I met DJ a bit later and he was cool. p.s. Sorry DJ if you read this about their comments. They were just jealous. (You do kinda look like Chris Angel though, lol)
Anyways- after that we drove uo to nyc and partied for a night.
I hope you guys enjoyed my stories. They are all true and somewhat interesting.