Please login or register. October 30, 2014, 06:29:03 PM

Author Topic: Wow..  (Read 999 times)

Iconic Shawn

• Realtime Visionary
  • You get nothing for nothing if thats what you do
Wow..
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:17:54 PM »
I believe this place used to be full of people going back and forth about the big events of the day but it seems this part of the forum has been dead for a bit now huh?  :trollol:

Politics used to be a major subject here.. I think that with what happened with Obama, on how on TV you had a dude who seemed promising and genuine, yet it all turned out to be smoke and mirrors and in the end, another dude in the office.

I think its given the world a type of helpless and "fuck it" attitude to anything thats going on.

What ever happened to men of great vision and revolutionaries? Good men (people) and good stories of good beating out bad?

So whats up with you guys? I honestly have given up on politics.

The US citizen has as much chance at making a difference in politics as he has making a difference in the football game he's watching on the same TV at home. Its all TV entertainment and ratings.

The fact that the only way you can even hope to run for president is if you have enough money, fucking MILLIONS, to compete with the rich currupt, perfect smile, perfect hair fucking ASSHOLES we call politicians says enough about "the system".

One thing I liked about reading the news on here was that I was always able to read the ground persons version of whats going on. We have people from ALL OVER the world here and I've always thought that special.

So... whats up with your worlds these days?

~S~
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:20:42 PM by Iconic Shawn »

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
Re: Wow..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:16 AM »
I think the whole world is feeling a bit like that mate. Here in Europe the eurozone failure has led to countries like Greece and Italy basically being forced to accept governments they would never have voted for, and in Britain we have the most unsubstantial PM we have had for a while who got there by virtue of a lack of competition and photoshop. Like you said, politics now is about acting and who looks the best :smirk:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Faxl

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
I agree. Bill Hicks: "It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in."

better2112

• All Geared Up
  • Heeeellllooooooooo!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
Taxes went up here, with the government dicks still charging shit on the taxpayers' dollar, Mayor just bought himself Bomber (handegg) season tickets with our money  :finger:
.......... poutine .......... I'M AWESOME .......... poutine .......... 

--FUCK the U.F.I!--

axlwannabe

• A Classic Case
  • Waz up!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:17:23 AM »
In the Philippines we used to have a female president who was rumored  as corrupt and murderer.  Today, our President is the son of the former President of the country who restored democracy in our country.  I think our President belongs to a reputable family, however, still in our society, you will see a lot of students rallying for funds in education.    Our country is still very poor (third world) that's why I guess GNR didn't ever think of coming here  :'(.  Maybe people here won't afford it.
Anyway, even if our President is considered by the nation "trustworthy", still there are 1001 people in his office who are corrupt and wicked.  Politics = greed 
What?

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:25 AM »
Rio isnt exactly "first world", neither is Bulgaria...Axl played there...
Humanary Stew

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »
 :lol:

Actually there's more money passing through Bulgaria (which is situated on a strategic crossroad in EUROPE & is a EU country, not stuck up the ass of the Geography ) & more interests concentrated here than most people think.

axlwannabe

• A Classic Case
  • Waz up!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
Rio isnt exactly "first world", neither is Bulgaria...Axl played there...

then can't GNR come to my country  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fernando help me please...Heaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaar me ooooooutttttttttttt tttttttttt  :rockon:
What?