Please login or register. April 26, 2017, 08:31:35 PM

Author Topic: The 'who's gone' thread  (Read 17531 times)

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
Re: The 'who's gone' thread
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
Clearly judging by who he made mods  :ninja:
Mods are OK, the administration sucks  :coffee

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
I think a mod should be someone who works on regular basis on this site. In the recent future I saw 2 mods posting for the first time since I joined (july 2010). Makes me wonder how many mods there are on this site (without the 5 or 6 active ones here). I ask myself what the criteria are to make someone into a mod here?

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
  • Happy semi-hippie. Grinning at walls.
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
A gold medal comeback.

Because as I was apparently saying he should have put his life aside to serve this forum.   :retard:

They (emphasis on they not the admin himself) should give it to someone who has some interest. (definitely not me. :thumbsup:)

It's hard to disagree with anything you write. But things being as they are the only remaining question is: why are people still here?

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2012, 11:41:17 AM »
I think a mod should be someone who works on regular basis on this site. In the recent future I saw 2 mods posting for the first time since I joined (july 2010). Makes me wonder how many mods there are on this site (without the 5 or 6 active ones here). I ask myself what the criteria are to make someone into a mod here?

If Captain Cunt was here I think he would have answered something about obscene services to Sladdi.

B.I.T.C.H

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »
It's hard to disagree with anything you write. But things being as they are the only remaining question is: why are people still here?

The question why are you here can be easily answered  :lol:

If Captain Cunt was here I think he would have answered something about obscene services to Sladdi.

The excuse is like an ass everybody has one.

On topic: Mr. Brownstone

fan

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »

Depends on the individual.

I'm here because of Guns N' Roses. If the band ceased to exist I wouldnt visit this place anymore.

I just think it's irresponsible from those who profit from this place. By no means I think they owe me or anyone else anything. But if it is in their intention to keep this GN'R site and forum alive then changes should be made. If the owners don't give a fuck though, I won't lose sleep over it.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

June 4th 2006 - Gods of Metal Festival (Milan, Italy)
September 24th 2010 - Zagreb Arena (Zagreb, Croatia)

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »
But if it is in their intention to keep this GN'R site and forum alive then changes should be made.

I am afraid I don't think that is at the forefront of their priorities.

And again, there are dozens of boards to discuss Guns N' Roses WITH active admins and mods.

fan

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
I am afraid I don't think that is at the forefront of their priorities.

And again, there are dozens of boards to discuss Guns N' Roses WITH active admins and mods.

True. But I'm kinda set in my ways. I could start visiting some other place, but I don't like HTGTH, mygnr or chinese democracy forums.

I believe I know which board you were referring to though :).

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
True. But I'm kinda set in my ways. I could start visiting some other place, but I don't like HTGTH, mygnr or chinese democracy forums.

I believe I know which board you were referring to though :).

Hah, no, I was actually thinking about mygnr who has lots of activity. Gnrevolution is great because of the indepth discussions. My own site, although with the best administration, can not provide you with lots of discussion oportunities... yet.

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »

The 5 active ones you're referring to were made mod in late 2009, because most of the previous mods were inactive.

SoulMonster

• A Classic Case
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »
The 5 active ones you're referring to were made mod in late 2009, because most of the previous mods were inactive.

I forgot you.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 06:06:48 PM »
Shall we clear up the Mod/Admin situation.

The mods work behind the scenes, out of the spotlight doing things like keeping spambots out, monitoring arguments, suggesting possible actions to take with users etc etc.

The Admin do the same and the ONLY thing that an Admin can do that a mod cannot, is ban.

The Admin have no access to forum aesthetics/layout and cannot change anything about the way the forum functions or looks, other than to ban people.

Sladdi has the access to change section headings, aesthetic details, usernames, custom titles and everything else.  He very rarely bothers to post in the management section, or answer any questions or suggestions that I, or anyone else make.  This place is running the way it is for the foreseeable future unless sladdi wants to change anything.  He doesn't seem to trust anyone to handle anything at all, and that is his choice.  

Hope this helps.

Lazy.ad.min
W.

fan

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27:06 PM »
I have to point out again that I was not saying the admins or the staff are bad per se.

This isn't a job and everyone is entitled to leave at any moment. However, it is up to the management to replace those individuals and keep up to date with what's happening.

I find it funny if sladdi indeed doesn't trust anyone to handle anything, yet he is Mr. Unseen in every aspect of the word. At the end of the day it will probably be his loss.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #73 on: February 29, 2012, 06:18:11 AM »
Fucking ingrates   :disgust:
Humanary Stew

smoothie illusion

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:05 AM »
After reading this thread I hadn't realized how many cool people had left. Kinda sad really