Please login or register. July 23, 2014, 06:45:21 AM

Author Topic: all 5 original members at rarhof and talk of cd followup  (Read 10867 times)

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
Re: all 5 original members at rarhof and talk of cd followup
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »
I'm not sure they're not on speaking terms now... They all talk to Duff and Izzy, Matt twitters Axl,... And if Axl says it won't be a disappointment, how can he mean they're all just showing up? A performance will take place and I can't really imagine Axl will tell the old members "thx for coming, now sit back and look how we play"...  :hmpf
But I guess one never knows offcourse...

taker

• King Dick
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:04 PM »
I dont know what will happen no matter what tho its going 2 be intresting.

better2112

• All Geared Up
  • Heeeellllooooooooo!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 12:53:51 AM »
I'd love a performance, just imagine, lights go down, intro to Jungle, Fuck me now, that'd be EPIC! Even if it were one  song.  Never say never! Axl did release Chinese D eventually! haha  :rockon:
.......... poutine .......... I'M AWESOME .......... poutine .......... 

--FUCK the U.F.I!--

ALLLOCKEDUPINSIDE

• Bad Obsession
  • My opinion is better than yours
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 01:06:39 AM »
Great news, but still, it might kind of awkward between certain members i.e. Axl & Slash.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:08:36 AM by ALLLOCKEDUPINSIDE »

Kittay

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 01:26:23 AM »
Unless they worked things out a long time ago and are gleefully planning some kind of mind fuck of a performance now that RNRHOF has provided the perfect venue for buckets full of hype and suspense for those of us who haven't stopped mentioning the Axl vs. Slash vs. Axl vs. Slash vs. Axl vs. $la$h vs. Axl vs. Cancer vs. The Red Head etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. They could also play one song together and sound like shit, although I'm not sure I, for one, would care. If Izzy shows up I'm very happy. That is all.
Mansfield, MA 08/24/1988, Worcester, MA 12/05 and 12/06/1991, Hartford, CT 03/09/1993
Hartford, CT 11/19/2011, Worcester, MA 11/25/2011

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:29 AM »
Axl and Slash need to play together again, preferrably with the other AFD guys too.

Sure, it isnt cool to say that, but it really does need to happen.
Humanary Stew

ALLLOCKEDUPINSIDE

• Bad Obsession
  • My opinion is better than yours
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:53 AM »
Slash Labels Guns N’ Roses Hall of Fame Reunion ‘Rumor’
by: Billy Dukes Yesterday
Slash

Ethan Miller, Getty Images

Never one to promote certainty, the members of Guns N’ Roses have once again left fans wondering if a full reunion is likely or even possible when they’re inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April. Slash doesn’t deny Dizzy Reed’s claim that the band is getting back together for one night in Cleveland, but he hardly confirms it.

“I know that there’s a lot of rumor about it, as always when it comes to GNR, out there on the Internet and stuff, but as it stands right this second, I have no idea what’s going on,” the guitarist said in an interview with Mike Jones of Washington D.C. rock radio station DC101.

The band is being recognized on April 14, and Reed got longtime fans excited last week by saying the entire original band — including Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Slash — would be present. Reed, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke joined later.

“I know that all the original band is going to be there, I don’t know exactly what’s going to go down,” Reed told Billboard. “It’s one of those things I’m sure will all come together and be really cool. I’m just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart.”

Slash’s deflection of the question is a step up from his angry denial in December. The guitarist did say that he was honored to be included in this class, which includes Donovan, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Beastie Boys and others. “It was very flattering to get that initial phone call to say we were nominated,” he said adding that finding out the band was being inducted was a cherry on an already delicious sundae.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-labels-guns-n-roses-hall-of-fame-reunion-rumor/

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
If the five original members are all together on one stage, they'll either fight, fuck or play or do all the three :banana

Emilia

• All Geared Up
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
i still won't believe this untill i see it.

This exactly.
All you need is just a little patience.

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
This exactly.

Agree but at the moment, them being on one stage, seems at least probable. A few years ago it seemed impossible.

insides

• Catcher
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:31 PM »
i don't like this talk. guns n roses isn't supposed to be about reunion, guns n roses is supposed to be about the next chinese record played live and in stores for purchase

GnR587

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:35 AM »
i don't like this talk. guns n roses isn't supposed to be about reunion, guns n roses is supposed to be about the next chinese record played live and in stores for purchase
who wouldn't want a reunion between the original members? don't tell me that you prefer the new band? they're just a bunch of hired hands whilst only Axl and Dizzy remain from the days of the classic GNR lineup. honestly, who is the first guitarist that you think of when you think of Guns N' Roses? do you think of Robin, Buckethead, DJ Ashba, Richard or fuckin' Paul Tobias? No, you think of Slash and usually Izzy too (fuck Gilby, he was also a hired hand). Would the first bass player come to mind as Tommy Stinson? No, you'd usually think of Duff as the bass player (although I respect Tommy). Which drummer do you think of when you think of Guns N' Roses? it probably isn't Frank (the body guard looking guy) or Brain (the other guy), most likely it'd be either Steven or Matt.

So when almost anybody thinks about Guns N' Roses, they have their mind set on Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven (or Matt) and sometimes Dizzy. but usually it's the classic 5 piece from the '80s that most everybody thinks of and it's that lineup that wrote the classic Appetite For Destruction album and the reason why GNR is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and that's why Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt and Dizzy are the members being inducted. Robin, Buckethead, Paul Tobais, Richard, DJ, Tommy, Chris, Frank, Bumblefoot, Brain, and the rest of the members/ex members are not being inducted because they did not create the music that GNR is most well known for! Honestly (and seriously), did any of you on here discover GNR after listening to Chinese Democracy? No, for the most part, nobody has discovered the band through CD. They discovered them by listening to Appetite, Lies and the Illusion records.

So what is GNR all about?
The ones who created the music that GNR is well known for and what most fans want most:
Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven
I rest my case

LOUIS2

• Bedouin
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
spot on....

perfect_spy

• Bad Obsession
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 01:02:50 PM »
I agree with that.