Please login or register. August 01, 2014, 02:40:36 AM

Author Topic: My cover of Welcome to the jungle.  (Read 1174 times)

sol_hudson

• Catcher
My cover of Welcome to the jungle.
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:44:34 PM »
http://soundcloud.com/scotty-williamson/welcome-to-the-jungle-final

Go have a wee listen. I'm doing vocals and lead guitar. Was just a recording for our rythm guitarists' sound engineering course in college so please be gentle lol.

shackler in the rye

• Won't Be Told Anymore
Re: My cover of Welcome to the jungle.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:17 PM »
 :thumbsup:
 :rockon:
might try to do me own version too
It's not as if that's my Blood in the Water.. It's not as if my soul is free of despair

GnR587

• Won't Be Told Anymore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
I'm impressed by your guitar work. Vocals.... not so much, but no worries, I'm very picky when it comes to singers but you weren't horrendous or anything, you just need to practice a little more and keep at it.

sol_hudson

• Catcher
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 04:04:20 AM »
Yeah my vocals dried up a long time ago buddy hahaha. I never got lessons to learn how to harness it properly and now my voice is shot to hell. I'm more suited to a Bon Scott or Robert plant tune, Jungle was just a bit too much more than I could chew. Got a cover of TNT and Whole Lotta love I'll post up later.
 My singing days are behind me now. I only do these to help out my friends at college. Guitar has always been my first love.

ronws

• A Classic Case
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
An excellent cover. The problem with yourself and others is expecting you to sound just like Axl. That ain't going to happen. Genetics, that's why. However, you are quite close to his tone. The difference between him and you is that Axl is far more nasal in the high notes and you are not.

Toward the end, you cracked a little. You can make it easier on yourself by not trying to sing like you speak. Singing is different than speaking. And not just because the note is held longer. The breathing is different, the sympathetic vibrations are different. Singing high notes, you should feel a buzz or ring in your head. Around the nose, actually, even if you are not sounding nasal.

Your singing is just fine, it's just that you don't sound like a carbon copy of Axl and that is a good thing. You should always be yourself.

You were on pitch for every note and that is king, more important than exactly what timbre of voice that you have.

Me, I don't sound like Axl, even though I can sing the songs in the original key. So, especially from public perception, the other hard part is to choose songs that fit your voice type. But I break that rule, myself. I will always sing "Highway to Hell" even though I do not sound like Bon Scott or Brian Johnson.

It's my song, autobiographical, in some ways.
"Don't put the bodies in the wishing well ..." - Janie Lane (RIP)