Please login or register. July 25, 2017, 07:28:34 AM

Author Topic: ATLanta Georgia Nov. 2  (Read 6077 times)

Geetarbuzz

• Realtime Visionary
  • "Ding dang a dong bong bing bong..."
ATLanta Georgia Nov. 2
« on: November 02, 2011, 04:25:22 AM »
I'll be at the show and will do my best to upload song order, etc. if my phone allows.
Hoping for If the World, Shackler's n' IRS in addition to many others played recently. Been to many big rock shows, but not GnR. Big fan since the Appetite/ Lies days.
Cheers!

Vic Vibrato

• Lost In The Shadows
Re: ATLanta Georgia Nov. 2
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
Yours truly, Your American Metal Show "The Junkyard" & Your American Radio Revolution, www.garage71.com will be in the house. The last time I saw Axl in Atlanta he was in a fight with a security guard at the old Omni. It's been 24 years & I can't wait. Anyone else going?

Kittay

• Used To Do A Little
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
You guys  have FUN FUN FUN - Atlanta rocks!
Mansfield, MA 08/24/1988, Worcester, MA 12/05 and 12/06/1991, Hartford, CT 03/09/1993
Hartford, CT 11/19/2011, Worcester, MA 11/25/2011

themadcaplaughs

• Beatin' A Dead Horse
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
It'll be the first time I've gotten to see Guns N' Roses (in any form) in my hometown. I'm f'n stoked!  :rockon:

Awalker28

• King Dick
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 02:48:34 AM »
Post updates here.
I know it looks like I'm insane
Take a closer look I'm not to blame
Yeah
If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane

GNRFAN96

• Catcher
  • Cause it would take a lot more hate than you.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »
has the show finished yet?
Adelaide Australia 07/12/2010, Brisbane Australia 20/03/2013

Vic Vibrato

• Lost In The Shadows
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »
Best F'n G N' R show of any incarnation i've had the pleasure to witness. Thank you so much Uncle Axl for returning to the dirty south. They hit the stage around 10:45ish & didn't really stop for, I think we clocked it somewhere in the vicinity of, 3 & a 1/2 hours. Worth every penny + the 24 year wait to see him back in our fair city. Thanks Axl for an amazing evening of awesome. Slainte' :rockon:

GNRFAN96

• Catcher
  • Cause it would take a lot more hate than you.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »
Tonight's Setlist according to setlist.fm:

Dexter Intro
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
Live and Let Die
This I Love
Better
Riff Raff
My Generation
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
Street Of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Guitar Solo (The Ballad of Death)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Instrumental Jam
Another Brick In The Wall
Axl Rose Piano Solo
November Rain
Bumblefoot Guitar Solo
Don't Cry
Whole Lotta Rosie
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:

Madagascar
Shackler's Revenge
Patience
Out Ta Get Me
Paradise City
Adelaide Australia 07/12/2010, Brisbane Australia 20/03/2013

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
Good set list :thumbsup:
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 12:57:04 PM »
My best friend was there. Seemed like it was a damn good show from what she said. They still have My Generation in the setlist, so that's fantastic :banana
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

chromo84

• Failure To Communicate
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
Three fucking videos from Greenville and zero from Atlanta?? What the hell is going on?

fan

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
Yours truly, Your American Metal Show "The Junkyard" & Your American Radio Revolution, www.garage71.com will be in the house. The last time I saw Axl in Atlanta he was in a fight with a security guard at the old Omni. It's been 24 years & I can't wait. Anyone else going?

I remember reading several years ago how Guns N' Roses refused to come back to Atlanta because of that incident.
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

June 4th 2006 - Gods of Metal Festival (Milan, Italy)
September 24th 2010 - Zagreb Arena (Zagreb, Croatia)

Geetarbuzz

• Realtime Visionary
  • "Ding dang a dong bong bing bong..."
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
Three fucking videos from Greenville and zero from Atlanta?? What the hell is going on?
We were having too much fun to waste time on that  :smoking:
It was fucking awesome. Temped to go see 'em in Nashville, too, but it won't live up to this show.
Sorry about the setlist/not posting from the show: my phone sucks.

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 02:18:27 AM »
My friend's (GNRLove/Lana) review on the gig

Quote from: GNRLove
Let's see, where to begin. I guess I'll start with when I got there. There were some religious nutjobs out in front of the arena. I don't think they were protesting the concert, or if they were they weren't very enthusiastic about it. I have no idea why my ticket said 7:30 on it, they were letting people in way before then. I had forgotten how big Philips is, but then again, I hadn't been there since I was 7. Anyway, I got in, bought a shirt (which I will be posting pics of soon), and headed down to the floor. There were already some people down there, but I ended up ninja-ing my way into the 3rd row, center stage. By this point it was just past 7 o' clock. The first opening band, Kelen Heller, went on sometime around 8, I think. Up until that moment I thought it was just Buckcherry opening, so that was a nice surprise. They were met with a warm reception; and I really liked them. They played around half an hour. Then began the wait for Buckcherry, which wasn't too bad, like 30 minutes I think. They started at 9 and played for an hour. I've always liked them, but after that I love them! They kicked ass \m/. Everything was great, during Lit Up Josh told a long story about what the song is about, and during Crazy Bitch he gave a long explanation of what a crazy bitch is haha. At the end one of the guitarists took a picture of us (I should probably go find that). And then began the wait for GN'R. It was not as long as I thought it was going to be. Like most people, I expected them to go on between 11-12. The intro started at 10:47. 10:47! 10 anything is a freakin' miracle haha. I was kinda in disbelief. There were some tall people in front of me but I was able to get into a postion where I could still see pretty well. I screamed so loud when the screens lit up. As usual, Dj got up onto the platform behind the drums and played the opening chords to Chinese Democracy. Fortus came up on the left, with Ron behind him. When Axl walked by in front on the drum riser, I screamed to the guy behind me, "There he is!!!". In a second the pyro went off and Axl ran out right to where we were standing. I just looked up in awe. Surreal would be the best word to describe it. To actually see him, in person, not ten feet from me, was simply unreal. The band sounded great; so did Axl. His voice wasn't drowned out or anything. The sound balance was perfect. We screamed so loud after every song :). Towards the beginning of show ( I think after Jungle) Axl said "I know it's a bit early, but this is going better than the last time I was here. We'll see how the rest of the night goes, but I'm not in jail yet." They blazed through the next few songs (Axl did his "snake dance" right in front of me during Mr. Brownstone). Sorry was amazing, it's sooo heavy live. Rocket Queen started with some wonderful bass-work by Tommy. He was actually right in front of me, I tried to get a pic but by the time my stupid cellphone camera started back up he was gone. At one point (maybe after Better?) Axl said Tommy was just telling him how fucking great of a crowd we were :D. He said he wasn't kissing ass or anything, we really were fucking amazing. I thought we were pretty damn great too. We screamed, sang along, and not just to the old songs either, there were a lot of people singing along to Sorry and Shackler's Revenge. We loved them :). Live and Let Die was awesome, I was so close I could feel the pyro on my face! And of course, Estranged was amazing. Axl seemed happy throughout the show, he thanked us for our southern hospitality :D. He also said "Georgia's got my back" :'D. There were a couple times when he smiled and stuck his tongue out, haha :D. I would've gotten a pic of it if I had caught him in time. Tommy kicked ass on My Generation, at the end he threw his bass down and grabbed the mic stand to sing the rest. This I Love was beautiful, Dj played the solo right in front of me. At the end of one song Dj laid his head on Axl's shoulder, and Axl said something like "Aww, that's sweet" :). We all sang along to Another Brick In the Wall, November Rain blew me away, the piano was a lot closer to the front than it was in Street of Dreams. We were so close! There was a large portion of time when I stopped taking pics because I was getting tired and I wanted to save my energy for enjoying the show. Ron's solo was phenomenal, the crowd was really into it too. At the end he had us sing along to what he was playing on guitar (like what Freddie Mercury used to do, but on guitar) the last one he did was really complicated and we were like "Huh?" and he was like "just kidding". Sometime close to the end of the show Fortus and Tommy had a little play fight up in the front.  Axl talked about how long everybody had been in the band then said "I'm still the most immature one of the bunch" XD. He called Dj a brat too haha. Sometime in Nightrain Dj went into the audience, I didn't see that because he went into the blind spot on my left, I only saw when he got out. When they went off before the encore we chanted "Guns N' Roses" :). They came back and played Madagascar, Out Ta Get Me, Shackler's Revenge, Patience, and Paradise City. Shackler's was great, in Patience Fortus and Ron were sitting right on the edge of the stage near us. I probably could've reached out and touched Fortus' headstock. I think Ron may have looked at me a couple times, I'm not sure. Like I've said I was close up but I'm short so I'm not sure how well they could've seen me. In closing, the show was insanely fucking awesome (maybe I'm biased haha), we loved them and they loved us. They played 3 hours too, I didn't realise that until we were heading back here. I don't think it would be wrong of me to say we were the best crowd so far :D. Some of it is still sort of a blur from all the excitement. The entire experience was just surreal...it was incredible and the best night of my life :).

p.s. Axl is gorgeous ♥ ;) :P
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

violetflame

• In Another Woman's Bed
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 03:19:39 AM »
I hope they play thre hours in Houston :banana