Please login or register. July 31, 2014, 06:21:37 AM

Author Topic: If slash was on Chinese Democracy  (Read 14993 times)

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
Re: If slash was on Chinese Democracy
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2012, 07:58:50 AM »
Robin seemed to nail all the "new" songs, and then fuck around with the old stuff-quite possibly intentionally.

Slash might not be the worlds "best" guitarist, but he is, was and always will be the best guitarist for GNFR.
Same goes for Izzy, Duff and Steve.
Humanary Stew

insides

• Catcher
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:19 AM »
Robin seemed to nail all the "new" songs, and then fuck around with the old stuff-quite possibly intentionally.

Slash might not be the worlds "best" guitarist, but he is, was and always will be the best guitarist for GNFR.
Same goes for Izzy, Duff and Steve.

another fanboy who wants a reunion at HOF

Backfromthedead

• So The Little Got More And More
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
Slash would have done just as good if not better if he recorded TIL. I also fail to see how Dj embarrasses himself every night? He plays better live than Robin...

Can't help but agreeing with this! Like the Dj solo on TIL better than the studio version! Slash would've been good on this one (not so sure about Slash on other CD songs, not really his style in some ways).  :)

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
another fanboy who wants a reunion at HOF

Damn, my game is up.

Chinese Democracy is dead in the water, The Finck/Bucket era is long gone and isnt coming back.

The typical punter couldnt give a rats ass about CD songs, they go to the show to hear the Slash era stuff, not "the ballade of death" or the pink panther theme.
Humanary Stew

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2012, 02:36:26 PM »
Can't help but agreeing with this! Like the Dj solo on TIL better than the studio version! Slash would've been good on this one (not so sure about Slash on other CD songs, not really his style in some ways).  :)

I think slash would have done great on most of them, shacklers revenge would prolly be the most difficult. You cant use what hes done post gnr as a point of refrence because I think axl alwaus broight the best of him out, and prolly vice versa. Its one of those little things that made classic gnr special. I can see slash doing the cd solo, better for sure (especially the one finck does, slash would have owned that), street of dreams, if the world (even though bucket does lay down a mean one here, might ne tuff to beat), pretty much every solo robin does on cd, slash could have one uped him imo. Buckethead is on the same level as slash as far as ability goes, some might even say higher but thays besides the point, so I would leave all of buckets solos, or see what ron had up his sleave.

Thats why my ideal version of gnr would be axl, slash, adhba, ron, duff, dizzy, pittman, and whomever on drums. Slash play all of his old solos, ron and dj play rhythm on the old stuff. Ron plays all of bucketheads stuff from chinese and dj plays robins stuff from chinese. Put theses guys in the studio?  And magic would happen I guareentee it!!!!
"Their are four kinds of people in this world those with common sence, those with book smarts, those with both, and those with neither, which one are you?"--- MikeyJ

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2012, 02:51:26 PM »
I think slash would have done great on most of them, shacklers revenge would prolly be the most difficult. You cant use what hes done post gnr as a point of refrence because I think axl alwaus broight the best of him out, and prolly vice versa. Its one of those little things that made classic gnr special. I can see slash doing the cd solo, better for sure (especially the one finck does, slash would have owned that), street of dreams, if the world (even though bucket does lay down a mean one here, might ne tuff to beat), pretty much every solo robin does on cd, slash could have one uped him imo. Buckethead is on the same level as slash as far as ability goes, some might even say higher but thays besides the point, so I would leave all of buckets solos, or see what ron had up his sleave.

Thats why my ideal version of gnr would be axl, slash, adhba, ron, duff, dizzy, pittman, and whomever on drums. Slash play all of his old solos, ron and dj play rhythm on the old stuff. Ron plays all of bucketheads stuff from chinese and dj plays robins stuff from chinese. Put theses guys in the studio?  And magic would happen I guareentee it!!!!

OK, if I try hard, I can imagine Slash & Ron working together but wtf Ashba would do there apart from giving them all head :hmpf
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:06:42 PM by B.I.T.C.H »

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »
Slash could probably top Finck's solos, but not Buckethead's or Bumbles. No fucking way.

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
Slash could probably top Finck's solos, but not Buckethead's or Bumbles. No fucking way.

Ya thats pretty much what I said.
"Their are four kinds of people in this world those with common sence, those with book smarts, those with both, and those with neither, which one are you?"--- MikeyJ

rocknroll41

• Bad Obsession
  • wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2012, 11:02:43 PM »
OK, if I try hard, I can imagine Slash & Ron working together but wtf Ashba would do there apart from giving them all head :hmpf

Well he can play lead on any new stuff (if they'd do that) and rhythm on the old stuff. Axl likes him and he even once said that if the old band did have to reunite it'd only be with Slash and Duff, he referred to it as a "semi-reunion." So I guess Dj can be a good fill-in for Izzy in that case. Though personally I'd rather have Izzy up there but whatever. 
wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »
A full fledged reunion kust seems highly unlikely. I just dont think izzy wants that kind of a life anymore, if ever. And no one can stand srevens bs for too long, and personally I like sorum better. But I dont think he would make the cut either, so who knows. Stinson leaving would be the hardest part of the whole thing, I really like him, and he has been pretty damn loyal. But you gotta have duff, slash wouldnt do it without duff, he has to be the mediator between slash and axl. If slash, ron, and ashba could get on the same page gnr would be the best its ever been. I can dream!!!!

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
No.

If Slash and Duff came back, then they either go back to 2 guitar player and should only keep Fortus, to recreate the rhythm/lead division from the classic line-up (and later on with Gilby). If they keep 3 guitar players they should keep Ron, first of all for the complex leads on the newer stuff. DJ is totally obsolete if Slash would return. 

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2012, 02:18:51 PM »
Well im sure dj could play rhythm, and axl and the band would need him for writing purposes. Axl and slash always had troubled writing together. The futurevof guns depends on axl having a good writing partner, and fortis is not that, so that makes him replaceable.

fan

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2012, 03:08:27 PM »
Axl and slash always had troubled writing together.

Coma, Locomotive, Jungle? No trouble.  :cool:
The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think
Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

June 4th 2006 - Gods of Metal Festival (Milan, Italy)
September 24th 2010 - Zagreb Arena (Zagreb, Croatia)

GnFnRosesfan#1

• Bad Obsession
    • myspace
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2012, 03:01:44 AM »
Coma, Locomotive, Jungle? No trouble.  :cool:

Oh they definatly did some great stuff together, no doubt about that. But as a whole their relationship was always tense, thats pretty much common knowledge at this point.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2012, 06:54:02 AM »
Well im sure dj could play rhythm, and axl and the band would need him for writing purposes. Axl and slash always had troubled writing together. The futurevof guns depends on axl having a good writing partner, and fortis is not that, so that makes him replaceable.

DJ isnt needed at all.

Axl will come up with classic Axl songs no matter who is playing guitar.
Humanary Stew