Please login or register. October 31, 2014, 07:11:40 AM

Author Topic: Buying New Guitar  (Read 564 times)

Bluelion

• Old At Heart
  • Oh, I paid the price...
Buying New Guitar
« on: July 28, 2011, 10:34:58 PM »
So I am currently in the process in buying my second guitar, obviously an important purchase as I'll be looking to have this guitar for many years to come. One guitar that has really caught my eye is the Cort M520, on paper it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for; good playability, a warm tone that suits both bluesy rock and metal playing, reportedly excellent build quality, and another cool feature is split coil pick-ups. And all this for a very reasonable price of £300-£400.

I figure it was worth asking if anyone here has experience with cort guitars or perhaps even this particular guitar

Any other tips on purchasing guitars is also welcome

The guitar in question:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:36:34 PM by Bluelion »
An empty shell seems so easy to crack.
Got all these questions.
Don't know who I could even ask.
So I'll just lie alone and wait for the dream.
Where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
Re: Buying New Guitar
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
Sorry man, I have no experience with that guitar brand. Have you played it yet? You must play it before you buy it, must must must. Coil taps are fucking ace though - my Les Paul has em and it makes it so much more versatile.
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Bluelion

• Old At Heart
  • Oh, I paid the price...
Re: Buying New Guitar
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »
Sorry man, I have no experience with that guitar brand. Have you played it yet? You must play it before you buy it, must must must. Coil taps are fucking ace though - my Les Paul has em and it makes it so much more versatile.

Yeah I've played it for about 15 minutes, initial impressions were positive, I've only ever played a strat styled guitar so I'm gonna have to get used to this different style but I purposely didn't go for a les paul cause I've never liked the feel of them. This seemed like a good compromise as you aparrantly can get very similar tones put of the cort. I'm going to the store again tomorrow, they have practice rooms in the basement and if I get in early enough I can probably spend an hour down there playing it. Yeah they sounded like a really good bonus on the guitar, I imagine I'd use the humbucker setting more often but it's always good to be able to have as many sounds as possible to experiment with.
An empty shell seems so easy to crack.
Got all these questions.
Don't know who I could even ask.
So I'll just lie alone and wait for the dream.
Where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me.