Please login or register. March 28, 2017, 08:33:54 PM

Author Topic: Metallica: We Have 'Over 700 New Riffs' To Choose From For Next Album  (Read 7677 times)

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
I think metallica get a bit of a rough deal nowadays. When you look at their track record they've released three amazing albums that stand right at the top of the genre and most other bands will never reach the hights of (RTL, MOP, AJFA), three very good albums, two of which are very significant to the genre (Kill 'Em All, Black album, Death Magnetic), and three underwhelming/poor albums that perhaps got more negative press than they were due simply because of the high quality of the previous albums.

I think there was a similar mindset of some fans to death magnetic as there was to chin dem, people had decided before they even heard it that they weren't going to like it, and there's not much you can do when that happens. I personally felt it was a strong return to form that needed some fine tuning but was overall very enjoyable.

I can only agree on this! People tend to make up their mind and actually listen to the music.

Chaser™

• A Classic Case
That's because his extremely talented neo-classical riffs annoy me.  :lol:

I cant stand Yngwie, Vai, Satriani or Lynch.

I can understand not liking Vai or Satriani, I dislike both of them but Yngwie?  :'(

Yngwie J. Malmsteen is one of the very best musicians ever, and he can actually sing pretty darn good  :bow:
Quote from: Broly
KAKAROT!!!

Quote from: Patrick Star
Noooo, THIS IS PATRICK!!!

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
Sorry dude.

Not for one second suggesting any of those guys arent top notch guitarists, but they dont do anything for me.
I much prefer hendrix/gilmour/page/iommi/blackmore regarding the "olden days" and as far as the 80s go EVH, R.Rhoads and Jake E Lee-Mick Mars and Kane Roberts (and of course the Slash/Izzy combo) get a mention there, and Im only talking "mainstream" rock stuff here.

GWAR make better metal albums than metallica could ever hope to these days (and always have) and Buckethead albums like cuckoo clocks, elephant mans alarm clock,peppers ghost etc etc make me lol at the idea of metallica being kick ass.
Humanary Stew

Chaser™

• A Classic Case

Kane Roberts

Now there is a underrated guitarist  :rockon:
KAKAROT!!!

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
Totally  :bow:

The Kane Roberts/Devlin 7/Kip Winger/Kent Mary lineup was fucking killer (as seen in Alices "the nightmare returns")

I wish I knew more about Devlin 7, that guy seemed to be a bona fide monster!!!
Humanary Stew

Chaser™

• A Classic Case
Totally  :bow:

The Kane Roberts/Devlin 7/Kip Winger/Kent Mary lineup was fucking killer (as seen in Alices "the nightmare returns")

I know most people claim the original Alice Cooper band lineup is their favorite, but the Cooper/Roberts lineup was better IMO.
KAKAROT!!!

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
Ooh nah sorry I have to go the original, then the Hunter/Wagner/Prakash John/Whitey Glan lineups before the Roberts one-although I think "raise your fist and yell" in particular is CRIMINALLY underrated.
Humanary Stew

Chaser™

• A Classic Case
If I am correct in believe Kane was with Alice for the Feed My Frankenstein song then that duo shall always remain my favorite  :banana
KAKAROT!!!

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
I dont think thats correct, although he did write "bed of nails" from Trash.
Humanary Stew

Chaser™

• A Classic Case
Well then whoever wrote and played on that song counts as my favorite Cooper lineup  :lol: . I do know Nikki Sixx played bass on that song, or so I've read anyway.
KAKAROT!!!

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
I think its Vai and Satriani on guitars on "frankenstein" not sure about writing credit though
Humanary Stew

c!

• Won't Be Told Anymore
At least Chinese Democracy isnt just tweaked bits off of the old songs pastiched together.

Hahaha that's true.

Hey, does anybody know if Death Magnetic was re-released? Right now I can't remember who mastered that album, but he did a really bad job, actually, what a piece of shit... you may or may not like the music, but it sounds like CRAP. A new remastered version would probably do it justice.

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • The Theory of Everything
I remember these great videos on youtube announcing re-releases of the old album with DM mastering  :lol:

Extra loud!!! Extra clipping!!!

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
Hey, does anybody know if Death Magnetic was re-released? Right now I can't remember who mastered that album, but he did a really bad job, actually, what a piece of shit... you may or may not like the music, but it sounds like CRAP. A new remastered version would probably do it justice.

It was Ted Jensen. They compressed those files to fuck and then turned the volume up so they could win the 'loudness war'. I'll never understand why. There's a picture of the guitar hero tracks compared with the cd tracks, because if you remember the guitar hero version sounded much, much better. I'll attach it to this post actually. I managed to mix better sounding songs at college this year than that album :yuck

In regards to the picture, the blue file is the guitar hero one, with nice peaks and troughs as you would expect, and the cd version is the green file, which is just a solid wall of noise :yuk2:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
It was Ted Jensen. They compressed those files to fuck and then turned the volume up so they could win the 'loudness war'. I'll never understand why. There's a picture of the guitar hero tracks compared with the cd tracks, because if you remember the guitar hero version sounded much, much better. I'll attach it to this post actually. I managed to mix better sounding songs at college this year than that album :yuck

In regards to the picture, the blue file is the guitar hero one, with nice peaks and troughs as you would expect, and the cd version is the green file, which is just a solid wall of noise :yuk2:

Very good explanation, dear sir. May I ask what do you study in college? :thumbsup: