Please login or register. June 24, 2017, 04:29:50 PM

Author Topic: Metallica: We Have 'Over 700 New Riffs' To Choose From For Next Album  (Read 8132 times)

Adriana Galore

• A Classic Case
Is this the cover we are referring to?

:~

:O

Where can I get this one in black?  :unibrow:
Frock n' Roll!

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
Kill 'Em All-i liked it a lot
Ride The Lightning-my favourite album by metallica
Master of Puppets-a close second
And Justice for all...-kinda weak in my book
black album-overrated shit album
load-shit
reload-shit again
st anger-i see what they tried to do but it ended up as a horrific nu metal album
death magnetic-de ja vu much? it was a shittier less interesting version of a mixture of their first 5 albums
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
calling the balck album shit is a bit harsh, it was pretty fucking good back in the day.

I never want to hear it again, but it isnt shit.
Humanary Stew

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
calling the balck album shit is a bit harsh, it was pretty fucking good back in the day.

I never want to hear it again, but it isnt shit.

shit may have been a bit harsh i admit there is some great musical moments on that album but i didn't like about half of it and i consider it the point of selling out as the songs got simpler, genre changed, more wah where solo's should be.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
Yeah,besides sad but true and wherever i may roam the whole album is fucking boring in the extreme.
Humanary Stew

Kusksu

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Hmm am i the only one that thinks Load is infinitely better than the Black album. Outlaw thorn, king nothing, 2x4 and bleeding me are brilliant songs
'I was in heaven
I was in hell
Believe in neither
But fear them as well!'

Modest Mouse - Doin The Cockroach

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
I like load a lot more than black, bleeding me is also very worthy
Humanary Stew

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
I liked Death Magnetic. It probably wasn't as good as their first few albums, but at least it wasn't St*Anger. Which is apparently code for 'steaming pile of arsegravy'. As for these 700 new riffs, I really don't care. They might all be amazing, but they could equally be shite. It comes down to the riffs they put in the album, which since it's Rubin producing again, I have fairly high hopes for.
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
Yeah,besides sad but true and wherever i may roam the whole album is fucking boring in the extreme.

Wow. What about My Friend of Misery, Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven and Nothing Else Matters? :O

Hmm am i the only one that thinks Load is infinitely better than the Black album. Outlaw thorn, king nothing, 2x4 and bleeding me are brilliant songs

I particularly like Bleeding Me, King Nothing and Until it Sleeps. :thumbsup: Both Load and Reload albums are GOOD.

the_relic

• All Geared Up
I can see it now, the new album, Unforgiven IV.  "Close your eyes-ah, reach the door-ah, what are we Unforgiven 4?---ah"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

ah! gon scream a song ouuuuut-AH!

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • The Theory of Everything
The fact is: whatever Metallica will release in the future, they will always be shot down. They cannot do anything good in the eye of the critic/fan/anonymous blabbermouth idiot.

Chaser™

• A Classic Case
The fact is: whatever Metallica will release in the future, they will always be shot down. They cannot do anything good in the eye of the critic/fan/anonymous blabbermouth idiot.

The same could be said of pretty much every band...ever.

See: My Nirvana reviews  :ninja:
Quote from: Broly
KAKAROT!!!

Quote from: Patrick Star
Noooo, THIS IS PATRICK!!!

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • The Theory of Everything
No, many bands who are already running for a long time still get great reviews, great fan reception + good sales after all the years. For example Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Ayreon, Nevermore. All bands/artists who have been releasing albums since the early or mid nineties.

Chaser™

• A Classic Case
No, many bands who are already running for a long time still get great reviews, great fan reception + good sales after all the years. For example Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Ayreon, Nevermore. All bands/artists who have been releasing albums since the early or mid nineties.

I know, I just made a failed joke  :thumbsup:

Metallica still has that core fan group who would buy fart in a can if it had the Metallica stamp on it...but that number seems to be dwindling and those outside of that group are getting louder.
Quote from: Broly
KAKAROT!!!

Quote from: Patrick Star
Noooo, THIS IS PATRICK!!!

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!

But the "real classical allways-headlining bands" (Guns, Metallica, Iron Maiden,...) can't do much good anymore. They are all being compared with their former great work and criticists won't accept anything else (worse OR better). The few exeptions don't really change this in a significant way.