Please login or register. March 28, 2017, 08:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Metallica: We Have 'Over 700 New Riffs' To Choose From For Next Album  (Read 7675 times)

Chaserâ„¢

• A Classic Case
Just fucking end the song already  :mad:

+1

Some of the "bad" songs were actually pretty good...they just get a mark down because they run through the whole song twice...almost every song.
Quote from: Broly
KAKAROT!!!

Quote from: Patrick Star
Noooo, THIS IS PATRICK!!!

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
DM is just a pastiche of all their old stuff cobbled together-you can literally pick each one out during each song.

James doesnt have any "vocal melodies" anymore (which everything before St Anger had been pretty strong on IMO) he just shouts over the music now.
I much prefer his voice on the first 5 albums, hell even Load is pretty solid I think.

Its fucking boring, a total rehash...and for fucks sake did the world need another unforgiven? part two sucked enough dick  :fpalm:
Humanary Stew

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
I can see it now, the new album, Unforgiven IV.  "Close your eyes-ah, reach the door-ah, what are we Unforgiven 4?---ah"
W.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
 :giggle: sad but probably true.

Humanary Stew

Catcher88

• Bad Obsession
  • All men betray. All lose heart!
I think DM is a good album, and not because people say so. And I still like James his voice, it hasn't changed in a bad way to me.
And I actually like all the Unforgivens. But, just like with GNR, I think you should be patient while listening. Many people listen to metal records just once, don't get any of the structures or themes and just discard them as being bad.

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
U
I think DM is a good album, and not because people say so. And I still like James his voice, it hasn't changed in a bad way to me.
And I actually like all the Unforgivens. But, just like with GNR, I think you should be patient while listening. Many people listen to metal records just once, don't get any of the structures or themes and just discard them as being bad.

That and the music has to actually be good :tongue:

Kusksu

• It Was A Long Time With Me
True, the production on DM didnt help either.
'I was in heaven
I was in hell
Believe in neither
But fear them as well!'

Modest Mouse - Doin The Cockroach

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
They put on a good live show still, apart from Hetfield's vocals.  His voice sounds so weak now.  Death Magnetic to me was not very good at all.  I actually would rather listen to St Anger than listen to Death Magnetic. 

St. Anger actually includes a couple of decent songs, like Frantic, St. Anger and Some Kind of Monster, plus a breath of fresh air, with songs like The Unnamed Feeling and Sweet Amber. However, I HATE the production of the album. Bob Rock ruined the sound of the album in the most horrible way. There's no need to pretend you're back in 80s, playing in your garage, when the machines you're using are more expensive than a luxurious house.

Spot on about Hetfield's vocals. His voice has gone all the way down since the mid-90s.

Agree. As for the singing that goes for a lot of metal/hard rock singers. Most of them should stop at a certain point or change like Robert Plant did. James can still make it but he's on the edge. Same goes for Lemmy sorry I know you love him but so do I.

I agree with you.  :thumbsup: However, Lemmy is probably one of the few who still sound great. Don't forget his age and his smoking habit!

I can see it now, the new album, Unforgiven IV.  "Close your eyes-ah, reach the door-ah, what are we Unforgiven 4?---ah"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
I honestly cant distinguish the difference between Lemmys voice then and now.
Sounds the bloody same to me  :paranoid:
Humanary Stew

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
I honestly cant distinguish the difference between Lemmys voice then and now.
Sounds the bloody same to me  :paranoid:

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Adriana Galore

• A Classic Case

Well guys, I'm only a woman, a 'stupid woman' I guess  :( I hear live a difference as well at James' and Lemmy's voice but I don't care: I love them both.....  :paranoid: :shy:

As for Death Magnetic I bought it, listened twice and had enough of it. Except for "The Day That Never Comes" I still think it's a great song. And the cover is a piece of art in my view. Agree also on St. Anger and one The Unforgiven was enough for me. I love(d) that song it meant something special to me. That's one thing I can not forgive them it's 'unforgiven' ...more Unforgivens....all the 'fault' of James' rehab?  :tear:
Metallica was almost a life saving band to me and I never forget seeing them live and was able to scream all my teen anger along with them. And if you guys think I'm all sentimental see my signature. That's it. 
Frock n' Roll!

Menelaos

• A Classic Case
Well guys, I'm only a woman, a 'stupid woman' I guess  :( I hear live a difference as well at James' and Lemmy's voice but I don't care: I love them both.....  :paranoid: :shy:

As for Death Magnetic I bought it, listened twice and had enough of it. Except for "The Day That Never Comes" I still think it's a great song. And the cover is a piece of art in my view. Agree also on St. Anger and one The Unforgiven was enough for me. I love(d) that song it meant something special to me. That's one thing I can not forgive them it's 'unforgiven' ...more Unforgivens....all the 'fault' of James' rehab?  :tear:
Metallica was almost a life saving band to me and I never forget seeing them live and was able to scream all my teen anger along with them. And if you guys think I'm all sentimental see my signature. That's it. 

A Greek girl I know (and you know as well) likes the cover too. :thumbsup:

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
I guess they put on a good show, saw them at Rock Am Ring. Rage the night before were much better.

In terms of records, they have sucked for a large number of albums now but after the first 4 records they were always going to be on a downward path.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
Is this the cover we are referring to?

:~
W.

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
I saw Metallica live twice back in 1992. I fell asleep both nights. No joke.

That is all.
Is Trixi still alive?