Haha.. good old inner European quarreling.
And here I thought all the negative comments from Europe would always be aimed at the states.
haha.. I guess you English are seen as flag loving, proud people too huh? Not that there's anything wrong with that.
And hell yeah people from anywhere Hitler crapped on will always owe the allied powers thanks for as long as they continue to speak their native language
that's actually a pretty interesting topic.
The UK is hated all over Europe.
* The French have a deeply instilled hatred of us (and vice versa) that dates back about a thousand years i think the biggest reason (and i'm basing this on the fact that holding the fingers you use to fire a bow to a french man is an insult) was the battle Agincourt where a smaller poorly equipped English force of just 6,000 men defeat a French force of 36,000 due to the English longbow (legendary story i imagine you have heard of). This in addition to the Napoleonic days when they really began making life hard for the English instilled the hatred we have for them. Then we beat them back again.
essentially the french and the English are natural enemies.
* The spanish seem to have a hatred for us that could relate to the battle of Trafalgar (smaller British fleet under Admiral Nelson wiped out a Spanish and French joint Armada). I think it may well be because we have a tendency to get drunk in their cities and cause trouble, i'm not saying we do it ONLY in Spain but that's where we're at our worst.
* Scandinavia (denmark, finland, sweden, norway) really have nothing against us and vice versa.
* Italians don't seem to like us too much at all i guess that could relate to WW2 but i'm just guessing on that one.
* Germans don't mind us, they're very welcoming to us i guess it's because we're both drinking cultures and we liberated them from Nazism...but that whole welcoming vibe i've seen change on a penny if you mention "Manchester United" (football team) a friend of mine admitted to being a supporter of theirs to a group of German exchange students from Munich some of them ignored him for the rest of the year the others got way angrier about it than need be and started making threats in German.
* The iron curtain states seem to distrust us but it's not really dislike.
* The dutch could do with showing more respect but the odds aren't high for that happening.
* Scottish, Irish and Welsh hate England for taking their land essentially but considering they really have a pretty fucking sweet deal out of it.
* The Cornish (the county of cornwall in england) the real cornish people hate the english because despite understanding that the UK is a good thing for us we want our own identity to be recognised the same as Scottland or Northern Ireland.
the EU definitely does not appear to approve of our involvement in all the recent wars though that's for sure. That's why we send tens of thousands off to fight them whereas the other countries send hundreds and sometimes less than that.