Please login or register. November 26, 2014, 11:53:31 PM

Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist D.J. ASHBA To Perform National Anthem At 'AMA Supercross  (Read 1562 times)

vecta

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist D.J. Ashba will perform the national anthem at this Saturday's(January 8) Monster Energy AMA Supercross (an FIM World Championship) at Angel Stadium of Anaheim.

Saturday's Monster Energy AMA Supercross is one of the most anticipated events in extreme sports and showcases a talented group of riders all vying for championship spots, including numerous athletes from Monster Energy's own dominating stable of Supercross riders. The event will air live on Speed from Anaheim, California on Saturday, January 8 at 7:00 p.m. PST. The qualifying rounds begin at 12:30 p.m. PST, with the main event taking place at 7 p.m. PST. Tickets for the AMA Supercross range from $20.00 to $75.00 and are available through Ticketmaster at (800)745-3000 or at www.ticketmaster.co m, as well as at the Angel Stadium box office (2000 Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA 92806).

D.J. Ashba performed the national anthem during the Arizona Cardinals at Kansas City Chiefs NFL football game on November 21 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. Watch video footage of the performance below.

Although it took more than a decade — 13 years, to be exact — for GUNS N' ROSES to release its "Chinese Democracy" album in 2008, the follow-up to that effort may come sooner than anyone thinks. Ashba said in an interview at last November's launch party for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" video game that the band is "talking about that right now. We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long, I promise." Ashba added, "I'm excited to get this next one rolling . . . Axl [Rose, lead singer] has a lot of good shit up his sleeve, so I'm really excited about it."

In addition to Ashba and sole original member Rose, the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarists Ron Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

Ashba joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck. Rose stated about D.J.'s addition to the group at the time, "D.J.'s a gifted, energetic guitarist that GUNS N' ROSES is proud to have on board!! We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. GUNS' radar has silently been aware of D.J.'s presence for quite some time. He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of GUNS N' ROSES live. Once D.J.'s name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!"

rocknroll41

• Bad Obsession
  • wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND
I know I keep bringing this up and I'm sorry:

But when Dj says "Axl has good shit up his sleeve" does he mean the vaulted-CD shit or potential to write new shit?

and when he says "I wanna get the next one rolling" does he mean 2011 or 2012? :?:

I wish we could just get the status on what's going on already :lol: but I guess that would ruin the element of surprise, which is what GN'R has always been about :)
wel-come-to-buck-et-head-LAND

AJH79

• Realtime Visionary
Here's a small clip.. the only part they showed on tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxqORrmwDc

Precious time..

• Fit Ta Burn
  • "I could break that in an afternoon"
I know I keep bringing this up and I'm sorry:

But when Dj says "Axl has good shit up his sleeve" does he mean the vaulted-CD shit or potential to write new shit?

and when he says "I wanna get the next one rolling" does he mean 2011 or 2012? :?:

I wish we could just get the status on what's going on already :lol: but I guess that would ruin the element of surprise, which is what GN'R has always been about :)

I think he is talking about the rest of the CD sessions i.e. Axl has some good shit up his sleeves. From his "Black ops" comments I think he just wants the new material out so he can get everything moving. The quicker it comes out the quicker he can get into the studio and work on the NEW stuff! IMO!?  :D
Like the tides out on the ocean
The waves already set in motion
The only one in the game
that's lost is you...

vecta

you know what i wish somebody would just burn the CD sessions. Then when they say new stuff they mean NEW STUFF recorded and wrote post 2009 with this line up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if the stuff axl has from the CD sessions is so good why didnt it make it to CD.

i love this new line up and think its the best its been in a long time i hope this year the will forget the past and prove all the haters wrong and make the album we all know they can

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
you know what i wish somebody would just burn the CD sessions. Then when they say new stuff they mean NEW STUFF recorded and wrote post 2009 with this line up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if the stuff axl has from the CD sessions is so good why didnt it make it to CD.

i love this new line up and think its the best its been in a long time i hope this year the will forget the past and prove all the haters wrong and make the album we all know they can

I hope the same but IMO recording new stuff will take much more than a year. GN'R have never released new stuff fast so IMO it'll take at least 2-3 years to do that. All I hope for this year is a CD with old unrealesed material and more live shows. Now is the moment to reastablish new GN'R completely in the music business and I hope they do that.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
After the decade+ it took for any of the CD material to be actually released burning the results of the cd sessions would really drive a fat nail in.

I dont want to wait another decade for a new album  :'(
Humanary Stew

B.I.T.C.H

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
After the decade+ it took for any of the CD material to be actually released burning the results of the cd sessions would really drive a fat nail in.

I dont want to wait another decade for a new album  :'(

Let's hope that we won't have to wait for so long.