Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 01:39:32 PM

Author Topic: Please read - important information on banning  (Read 2280 times)

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
Please read - important information on banning
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:35:44 PM »
Hi all,

This is a quick message from the staff team just to lay down a few ground rules and clear up some questions for you all regarding bannings.  Firstly, the way the banning system works:

For a digression, a member will be issued with a warning. If they ignore this warning, they will be banned, either temporarily or if the situation is severe enough, permanently. The first step may also be skipped and a permanent ban issued if the situation is serious enough, but I am sure you all know where these boundaries lie.

The staff team would never ban anyone unjustly. Anyone who has been banned has been banned for a reason, and if the staff team feels an admin has banned someone unfairly, the admin in question will be punished and the ban reversed. In the interests of keeping private information private, we will not disclose why a member has been banned. Of course with the internet being what it is it is inevitable certain information will become public, but this will never be leaked from the staff team.

Secondly,  anyone asking why members have been banned will be subject to a warning themselves. We do not have time to defend all of our actions, and it clutters up the forum and causes arguments between members which we do not wish to propagate. What we do accept is members raising concerns about the actions of staff members they feel may be exceeding their mandate - in this case, please PM another member of the staff team and they will look into the situation.

We aim to maintain NewGnR as a community where members can discuss their favourite band, and it with this in mind that we have formulated these rules and posted them here for you to see. We ask you to trust us, and to continue to enjoy the forum!

Regards,

NewGnR Staff Team
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:04:47 AM by pawnshop-guitars »
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

Worchild

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
Re: Please read - important information on banning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
Much more diplomatic than my "tell them to fuck off and mind their own business"

:thumbsup:
W.