Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 01:52:37 PM

Author Topic: Met Duff in portsmouth Uk  (Read 1596 times)

SoFine08

• A Stranger We Met
Met Duff in portsmouth Uk
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:53:29 PM »
Ok for like 3 or four weeks before there loaded gig i was having some sorta convosation with duff on twitter little messages, he was always cool and answered my question when he had the time, I read his seattle articles and just chat to him about some topics he covered!

Any way i saw loaded were coming over with black stone cherry(if anyone can tell me who they are cause i still have no idea) so i checked out the dates and low and behold PORTSMOUTH!!!!! so me and a friend bought tickets......

So as the time grew closer i had a brief thought jumped on twitter and wrote a message: Hey duff long time no speak,anywayz just bought tickets for portsmouth and chance i can come hang with you for a bit??

Within 12 hours a reply : Yeah just come to the tourbus ull find us there!!!

So day of the gig came 5 pm we are walking to the gig full of joy!! sat out side by the sea in november frezzing in our gnr t shirts and then in a wierd moment a guy just strolls past with a back pack on his back! my mate jumped up and is like dude its DUFF he heard and strolled over!

I said hey dude hows it going and then i mentioned who i was and he was like cool man good to see you come on board u must be frezzing and with a laugh between us we strolled on the bus met the guys from loaded they all signed my sick album and away we went upstairs where we sat with duff for like 10-15 mins about the show his music and brief chat about his article on so called supergroups....

after which we parted company watched the show and he smiled and waved as he played and we then went back after the gig met some guys had a brief chat and left going home with a very big grin and some signed stuff!!!

They say never meet your heroes i say always meet them ull be surprised how human they are

Peace :rockon:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

seely

• Old At Heart
  • Sad fools.
Re: Met Duff in portsmouth Uk
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 04:42:43 PM »
Cool story  :rockon:
I met Duff last year before his Loaded show in Nottingham (got a full show too, not just a support for Black Stone Cherry  :D ) He is indeed as you say as solid guy  :bow:
Reading Festival 27.08.2010
Leeds Festival 29.08.2010
Nottingham Captial FM Arena 19.05.2012
Birmingham LG Arena 26.05.2012

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
Re: Met Duff in portsmouth Uk
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
Cool, I like Duff and his music and most of his columns.  :cool:

Nice avatar, btw.  ;)