Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 01:42:14 PM

Author Topic: Met Ron & DJ after the Birmingham gig  (Read 1655 times)

Faxl

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
Met Ron & DJ after the Birmingham gig
« on: October 18, 2010, 03:41:03 PM »
Id known there was this little back-of-stage area that you walk past to get to the arena entrance for ages, and cajoled my mate into hanging around there for a bit after the gig. We kept inching closer to the entrance whenever this roadie by it turned his back, and then saw Ron and his wife Jen walk past! We called after him, he said "Hey, wat'cha doing out there? Get in here." he told some security beefies that we wouldn't be trouble and we walked with him to this small seating area with about 30 other fans (with 'GNR Aftershow' stickers), chatting to him about his neck, how he's been mixing Jagermeister with painkillers and stuff.

Anyway, got photos with him, he signed our tickets, after I waited for this girl with about 6,798 album sleeves and booklets (and Ron signed every bloody one, credit to him), I said "If I'd've known, I'd have brought the sleeve from the Hermit album." "Wow, you have that album?"  "Yeah, £40 off Amazon, worth every penny"

Then someone gave me a GN'R/Bumble pick. I later realised it was Jarmo! I don't care for whatever reputation he might have, he was a nice guy.

Then DJ came over (short arse!), and    I informed him that if we'd've smoked in the arena then we'd've been ejected. He said "Yeah, I was hoping they'd eject me so I could go home and get some sleep"

There's my long, boring "I met so-and-so" story!  :banana

better2112

• All Geared Up
  • Heeeellllooooooooo!
Re: Met Ron & DJ after the Birmingham gig
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 02:26:49 AM »
Lucky you!!!
.......... poutine .......... I'M AWESOME .......... poutine .......... 

--FUCK the U.F.I!--

Euterpe

• Very Old At Heart
  • Voice of the Voiceless.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
Nice! :rockon:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Fuck you, whore.

Johan is not nuts. At least not anymore nuts than the rest of us. He is ruled by his own psychology, which includes jealousy that he cannot sing that high.

volcano62

• So The Little Got More And More
  • Famous Montreal Sign / *I AM INCONQUERABLE*
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
lucky bitch  :upset
"Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better"