Please login or register. October 17, 2017, 10:36:37 AM

Author Topic: Audioslave.  (Read 910 times)

DanGnR

• So The Little Got More And More
Audioslave.
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
Personally one of my favourite bands ever! There first album is fucking brilliant!  :rockon: The only downside was Chris fucked his vocal chords and he couldnt sing properly live, now he got his voice back which makes me think what it would be like if they were still together.

What are your guys opinions of them?
VOTE DANGNR FOR MOD!

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
Re: Audioslave.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:05:40 AM »
i can pretty much take them or leave them to be honest, i have no strong inclination in any direction at all. Not even 0.1% of difference. Tom Morello made a few interesting sounding solos with them, i guess that's the positive of them but the rest just strikes me as mediocre rock.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

abaraxas

• Very Old At Heart
  • Arch Faggot
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:19:51 AM »
I liked Soundgarden a lot, not really a RATM fan but its definitely rocking sound.

Audioslave didnt do it for me-its not bad or shit or anything but it never excited me.

People say ACDC only have one song-well I find that with RATM.
Cornells a great vocalist but to have him singing over the top of that one RATM song was pretty boring IMO.

Humanary Stew

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »
I fucking love Rage, and I fucking love Soundgarden. Unfortunately, I only 'dig' Audioslave - I like them, but they aren't as good as either of the original bands. That said, they do have some awesome tunes.

BUT if you want a really good side project from Tom Morello, you've got to check out Street Sweeper Social Club. I made a thread about em a while back; search it up dude. You'll love em!
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

RoboAxl

• NewGNR Crew!
  • All Geared Up
  • The Mod Who Knocks
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »
I find them dreadfully dull, I'm afraid. Buying their self titled album was the only album I ever regret paying for :?:

But hey, that's just me. I love Cornell as a vocalist, and I do like Soundgarden. Don't love em, but like them. Same deal with RATM. So, I'm probably in no position to comment.

Do like Cochise though... that's a rocking tune
Fuck Cork and all Cork related things

The Spaghetti Incident?

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • All those wasted hours we used to know..
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 03:27:19 PM »
Be Yourself or whatever it's called I originally liked.

But fuck they're utter garbage - RATM aren't much better and neither are Soundgarden (personally).

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 04:37:59 PM »
I liked the first album + that Be Yourself tune but that's about it.

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »
Even though I didn't like them that much, they deserve my respect for "Show Me How to Live". Incredible song. It's hard to reinvent Rage Against The Machine or Soundgarden, isn't it?  :smirk:

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
First positive consequence of Trump administration?

Audioslave reunite for an anti-Trump gig in Los Angeles, performing for the first time in over a decade.

Watch them perform 'Cochise':

http://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-audioslave-play-first-show-decade-1954122

Cornell sounds better than I thought he would.

Artemisia

• Very Old At Heart
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 05:42:04 PM »
First positive consequence of Trump administration

I dont like the guy. But there's nothing more anti-democratic than not to respect the vote of the majority. I don't get it, he won in a democratic election, what do the people expect him to do, to ressign and leave Hillary in charge? It's like they dont accept that this is what most of USA wanted.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:43:30 PM by Stifler's Mom »

Backfromthedead

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »
I dont like the guy. But there's nothing more anti-democratic than not to respect the vote of the majority.

Trouble is they didn't. The voting system there is so f*cked that the majority (probably) did not vote for him. Not Trump's fault of course. His fault are his racist and other stupid comments...  :rolleyes:

Trixi

• Very Old At Heart
  • shit ghost
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
I dont like the guy. But there's nothing more anti-democratic than not to respect the vote of the majority. I don't get it, he won in a democratic election, what do the people expect him to do, to ressign and leave Hillary in charge? It's like they dont accept that this is what most of USA wanted.

It's been reported that about 60% of eligible voters actually voted. Trump lost the popular vote by almost 2.9 million votes. He got 46.10% of the votes, Clinton got 48.20%. Maths has never been my strong point, but that does not seem like the majority to me. He did, however, win the electoral vote so it's all fair and square. The problem isn't that people don't accept the result, the problem is that people don't want this man to represent their country, and thus themselves. I guess it would be easier to swallow if it wasn't this ableist, sexist, misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, ill-informed con man.

As Backfromthedead pointed out, the voting system is (sort of) fucked. People don't even know what the Electoral College is, it can be confusing. Whatever the system, there will always be people who are not happy with the result. That's also part of democracy. Anyway, that's my two cents. Go Audioslave!  :rockon:
The official spliff of newgnr.com

Trixi is dead! Long live Trixi!

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 04:07:05 AM »
 :troll:
Is Trixi still alive?

TARS

• A Classic Case
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 11:51:42 AM »
It's called a joke. I couldn't care less to make jokes about the new US President, I have the mess in my own country to think about... Go Audioslave. :rockon:

Obvious Troll Obvious

• Tongue Like A Razor
  • Munt cuntles.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 11:48:34 PM »
 :troll:
Is Trixi still alive?