Please login or register. April 25, 2017, 11:25:15 PM

Author Topic: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.  (Read 13997 times)

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
Re: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:19 PM »
I havnt seen anything of that kid Ross,so I'm not gonna compare.
But if you say he's gonna be huge, then I'm sure man utd will snap him up when he's 18 for £27million ;)

It will take more than that this time. Different market.

Well, what do you know; he's only played 2 games and he's already in the u21 squad with Smalling and Jones. Or is it Wellbeck and Jones?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:11:48 PM by jplpool »
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:07 PM »
All 3
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2011, 11:31:19 PM »
Yeah, they've all been in the u21 squad for a while now. I actually thought Smalling was too old, this is his third season of Premiership football. I'm still not quite sure you get the idea of this thread.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
Well I just thought that since welbeck and cleverly have come back from there loan spell,they will up there game now that they have returned to utd
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:41 AM »
Ross Barkley has become even better since his initial appearances in the Premier League and is ready to step up again next season, according to Everton coach Jimmy Lumsden.

The 18-year-old made his senior debut in the opening game of last season and went on to make nine appearances for the first team before manager David Moyes opted to give him more playing opportunities out of the limelight.

Lumsden admits Barkley has the potential to be the best midfielder he has coached during his time on Merseyside. He said: “He's as good as anyone I've seen in the middle of the park, and could be anything he wants.

“He is quiet but the moment he steps on the field he has got the confidence in his ability for all to see. He's got the touch, the awareness on the ball and the flair. Currently he's filling out to be a big lad as well which will help him play in the Premier League.”

Lumsden insists Barkley's development was helped by Moyes's decision to bring him out of first team duties last term, after he figured in the early part of the campaign.

“It's a good thing that he wasn't rushed,” he said. “The boy had a couple of injuries, which held him back, but he has no worries now. He looks the business.

“The Premier League is a very hard league to introduce young players to. If you are just below half-way in the table you are perhaps looking with one eye at the bottom end and potentially getting sucked into that so it's tough on young boys to bring them in then. You tend to go for the tried and trusted older heads. The experienced guys.

“Then when you get above the half-way point you are glancing at the European places and thinking and figuring out what might happen if you can win every game and wondering if you can get there.

“Fair play to people who will play young kids then because every place in the table is worth a lot of money. That's why it can be difficult to give the young boys a run of games, but we've tried to do it when we can at Everton and it could work out that we use Ross next season. He has got better.”
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »
I would of liked to mention a young striker called Will Keane, but unfortuantly suffered damaged anterior cruciate ligaments in his knee.

I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »
I haven't watched him in person like, but this kid United are talking to from Crewe is a bit special. (I have that on good authority.)
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »
Steven N'zonzi-Blackburn

21 year old holding midfielder, comfortable on the ball & tenacious and aggressive, N'zonzi was voted Blackburn player of the season in 09/10, in what was his debut year in the EPL.

Established Prem player, great little ball winner, I'd have him for da blues

Jack Rodwell-Everton

A prodigious talent. Rodwell has represented his country at Under-16, Under-17, Under-19 and Under 21 levels.
Up until 12 months ago the 19 year old was a centre half, however he's shown in the Everton first team that he can play as a holding midfielder and as an attacking midfielder.
in terms of technique only Mikel Arteta comes close within the everton squad. Jack is quite possibly the most technically accomplished English footballer there is.

It's no great shame getting splinters on the Arab's bench

Seamus Coleman-Everton

Signed for the princely sum of 60k in January 2009 from Sligo Rovers, the young Irish right back is a fantastic prospect, quite simply......going forward, devastating, but must improve his positional defensive play. This will come through experience. Enjoyed a successful loan period at Blackpool last season, helping The Tangerines to promotion. They've tried to get him on loan again.....not a chance!

Established himself last season as Everton's first choice right back

Magaye Gueye-Everton
Can't really say much about this player, as we've only just signed the 19 year old for 900k, fantastic first touch, the word coming out of the Everton camp is that he's a prodigious talent who can play wide right, wide left, centre mid & centre forward. David Moyes is on record as saying (he could be) "our secret weapon"

Got this one wrong. He has some good attributes but he runs like Stephen Hawkings' prototype robolegs

Jack Wilshere-Arsenal
Fantastic technique, fantastic passer, hard working, committed in the tackle. What more could you want from a midfielder? Heir apparent to Fabregas.

Marc Albrighton-Aston Villa

20 year old winger whom Martin O' Neil holds in the highest regard. The word from the Villa camp, is that Stewart Downing & Ashley Young are gonna have to be in top form to prevent him from breaking into the Villa first team this season.

Seems to be a regular for Aston Vanilla

Anyway, fuck all that. I only bumped this thread for ROSS; told ya he'd be boss.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:02:10 PM by jplpool »
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH