Please login or register. June 27, 2017, 07:58:18 PM

Author Topic: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.  (Read 14358 times)

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
Re: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
it's not that common. 9/10 people here are united fans. then it's like 0.6 of that last 1 are Liverpool fans and then 0.2 are chelsea and the remains are usually arsenal.

i don't know any other city fans in my area so i don't really understand the stereotype.

:O No Blackburn fans?

I think the common link here is not hard to miss.  :coffee
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »
:O No Blackburn fans?

I think the common link here is not hard to miss.  :coffee

could you enlighten me on this one?

and i don't know a single blackburn fan.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »
Common link= Man U, City, Arsenal, Chelski, Liverpool - 5 out of 6 of the most financially powerful clubs in the EPL.

and i don't know a single blackburn fan.

What a surprise!
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2010, 03:56:20 PM »
Common link= Man U, City, Arsenal, Chelski, Liverpool - 5 out of 6 of the most financially powerful clubs in the EPL.

well it's got a lot to do with the fact that i don't have a premier league team for about 100 miles. Everyone here supports two teams (Argyle being one of them). Since Argyle don't really get broadcast everybody picks a team from the premier league. The money doesn't really have a lot to do with it, i wanted to pick a team and i couldn't choose, then i found out that Tevez and Jo both played for Corinthians that kinda sealed it for me. The potential of the team is what i look at, not so much the size of the treasury. I nearly went for Everton for the same reason.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
well potential is one word you could use to describe the richest club in world football.

Good to see you don't abandon Argyle. They should really be your number 1 club, it doesn't matter if they are in the PL - they are still in a competitive league.

Heaven forbid - but if Everton ever got relegated from the PL, I could never choose another team to support. I have 3 teams I follow....Everton, Marine(non-league) & St. Johnstone(Scottish) it would be easy for me to support Glasgow Celtic or Glasgow Rangers as my scottish team, but I'd hold myself in contempt if I ever made that decision.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »
well potential is one word you could use to describe the richest club in world football.

Good to see you don't abandon Argyle. They should really be your number 1 club, it doesn't matter if they are in the PL - they are still in a competitive league.

Heaven forbid - but if Everton ever got relegated from the PL, I could never choose another team to support. I have 3 teams I follow....Everton, Marine(non-league) & St. Johnstone(Scottish) it would be easy for me to support Glasgow Celtic or Glasgow Rangers as my scottish team, but I'd hold myself in contempt if I ever made that decision.

true but money doesn't necessarily mean success especially not overnight as i'm sure you know. I wouldda chosen them anyway since they're an English team that have many great English players, that's a large part of why i would never back chelsea or arsenal.

well let me put it this way i've gone to see Argyle at Home Park even when i could care less about the game. Everyone around here is fiercely loyal to Argyle and i don't doubt the majority would drop their PL team if we ever got promoted but as much as i hate to admit it that's not likely. We don't have any real teams in Cornwall and Plymouth is only separate from my town due to the tamar river Home Park is walking distance.

GREEN ARMY!

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 12:49:25 AM »
If people just concentrated on supporting Argyle then perhaps PAFC would have more potential.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
If people just concentrated on supporting Argyle then perhaps PAFC would have more potential.

support maybe, finances, players, management.

the only way Argyle would be a threat to anyone would be if the club was completely remodelled

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »
support maybe, finances, players, management.

the only way Argyle would be a threat to anyone would be if the club was completely remodelled

Argyle & Exeter should have a lot of potential - the catchment area is big, with zero competition, unfortunately, too many glory hunters are obsessed with the EPL.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:11 PM »
Argyle & Exeter should have a lot of potential - the catchment area is big, with zero competition, unfortunately, too many glory hunters are obsessed with the EPL.

you'd think so however neither team is really good enough for promotion. Typically Plymouth just yo-yo up and down the board from week to week. We win a few games noone expects us to win and then we often lose to teams we outclass. People around here always chose a PL team because as loyal as Argyle fans are (and trust me they are) we know we don't get aired on the main tv channels and with everyone moving down from birmingham, manchester and london it's just something people here have done for generations. If you lived here you would understand it better.

facts are simple we've lost 12 out of 17 matches and no amount of well wishing or merch sales can really change the fact we're looking at getting relegated.

duff189

• Bedouin
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »
The simple fact is alot of people who don't have a dad/mom who supports a team when choosing a team to support they will go for a successful one (glory hunt). For example I grew up near Wolverhampton and with my dad being a Wolves fan I had to support Wolves (unfortunately) lol. Yet most of my mates were either Man U or Liverpool fans because in mid to late 90s they were two of the most successful clubs in the EPL. Now You can't say there are no teams to choose from in the Midlands, Villa were a decent PL side then, Wolves, Baggies & Blues were all in Division 1 playing a good standard of football. So I think this proves jplpools point.

chezequerz

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 09:38:29 PM »
The simple fact is alot of people who don't have a dad/mom who supports a team when choosing a team to support they will go for a successful one (glory hunt). For example I grew up near Wolverhampton and with my dad being a Wolves fan I had to support Wolves (unfortunately) lol. Yet most of my mates were either Man U or Liverpool fans because in mid to late 90s they were two of the most successful clubs in the EPL. Now You can't say there are no teams to choose from in the Midlands, Villa were a decent PL side then, Wolves, Baggies & Blues were all in Division 1 playing a good standard of football. So I think this proves jplpools point.

It's just the done thing here mate, noone forsakes Argyle here i have tried to make that clear. My family are all fans of Leeds because they grew up there my dads family are all Argyle supporters...my granddad played in the Cornwall Colosseum (a large venue that had everyone from the beatles to aerosmith play there that was knocked down) with his band Blackthorn whilst wearing a Plymouth Argyle 1960 home shirt. One of the biggest venues they played and he chose that shirt, he then went from Plymouth to Glasgow and he chose that shirt for the entire tour. My dad doesn't really go for the game but my late uncle was a die hard (also a blues musician like my granddad although he never played arena level). Even I can claim to have met Bradley Wright-Phillips and turning up to as many home games over the years.

it's just how it is around here dude. Not just me, it's the entire culture here and frankly it's amazing we stick around for Argyle sometimes especially when we perform like we are this year.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Ross Barkley: The kid Tim Cahill calls "The best player I have ever worked with"  :bow:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2011, 05:19:58 PM »
My list of the players to watch for the new season-

Fabio da silva- the twin brother of Rafael had a good end to the seaon of 2010/11,he was even chosen ahead of his brother in the champions league final against Barcelona. With Neville retired, brown and o'shea gone to Sunderland, fabio looks certain to get more games.

Phil jones- described as the new 'John terry' and a future England captain,jones has the potential to be a fantastic defender.He is only 19 years old, but he is also versatile and with the guidance of Ferdinand and Vidic he can only get better.

Sergio aguero-a proven goalscorer in Spain at the young age of 23,aguero will be playing his trade with new club man city.some say he is exactly like tevez but he is better looking as well :paranoid:

Garath bale- the welsh international had a great season with some eye catching performances.The match against inter Milan at the San Siro was the making of bale with a hat-trick.
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2011, 06:28:33 PM »
I hate to say it, but that Pacheco kid at the red shite looks promising.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH