Please login or register. April 30, 2017, 11:37:14 PM

Author Topic: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.  (Read 14002 times)

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
Re: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 02:29:45 AM »
Is it too late to say Bale?  :lol:

probably but throw him in anyway  :lol:
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 09:10:41 AM »
Bale is on fire! I hope man utd sighn him as a replacement for Ryan giggs, but if he's valued at 50 million then I can't see it happening.
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »
Is it too late to say Bale?  :lol:

seeing as though Bale has been first choice for Spurs since last season.....then yeah it probably is....weren't he bought for 8 million like 4 years ago?
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
Bale is on fire! I hope man utd sighn him as a replacement for Ryan giggs, but if he's valued at 50 million then I can't see it happening.

If they're already forking out the 10+ Million a year for Rooney's salary when he's scored fuck all for 6 months they clearly don't seem to care where they sling the money. But even if they were being careful I would think a fantastic young player like Bale would be worth the price although i really think that right now he needs to stick with Spurs and build on his momentum and Spurs aren't exactly going to want to have him leave especially on his current popularity and successful form.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

slashthe2nd

• All Geared Up
  • Watch me burn
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 11:38:07 AM »
If they're already forking out the 10+ Million a year for Rooney's salary when he's scored fuck all for 6 months they clearly don't seem to care where they sling the money. But even if they were being careful I would think a fantastic young player like Bale would be worth the price although i really think that right now he needs to stick with Spurs and build on his momentum and Spurs aren't exactly going to want to have him leave especially on his current popularity and successful form.
i think he might stay with spurs aswell, but i think under the guidance of sir alex bale can even better. look what they did to ronaldo who was world player of the year and rooney(before his poor form)
I ain't Jumpin' Jack Flash
 I'm no Telegram Sam
 I ain't Ziggy Stardust
 I'm just a heartbreaking son of a bitch

chezequerz

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 02:00:59 AM »
i think he might stay with spurs aswell, but i think under the guidance of sir alex bale can even better. look what they did to ronaldo who was world player of the year and rooney(before his poor form)

that's true of course but it depends if Sir Alex actually does retire next season or not, i get the feeling he'll manage United until he dies. But the thing of United is that with the current debt the investors aren't going to want to take many chances. Rooney's legacy means he is an asset and an established popular investment to the club Bale would be a signing that

A. is a risk because he may not perform well with United's style or players
B. United already have Hernandez another young striker with just as much potential and current form as Bale.
C. To get off the subs bench he'd need to get past at least 3 of: Rooney, Owen, Berbatov, Hernandez, Bébé, Macheda and Obertan...obviously he outclasses some of those but there are at least 4 strong players (the first 4) that would likely take priority.

equally when you have 7 strikers already and 4 are considered world class and you're deeply in debt you neither need to nor should you want to sign another one.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 02:06:26 AM »
that's true of course but it depends if Sir Alex actually does retire next season or not, i get the feeling he'll manage United until he dies. But the thing of United is that with the current debt the investors aren't going to want to take many chances. Rooney's legacy means he is an asset and an established popular investment to the club Bale would be a signing that

A. is a risk because he may not perform well with United's style or players
B. United already have Hernandez another young striker with just as much potential and current form as Bale.
C. To get off the subs bench he'd need to get past at least 3 of: Rooney, Owen, Berbatov, Hernandez, Bébé, Macheda and Obertan...obviously he outclasses some of those but there are at least 4 strong players (the first 4) that would likely take priority.

equally when you have 7 strikers already and 4 are considered world class and you're deeply in debt you neither need to nor should you want to sign another one.

:fpalm: Bale is a left back who's been turned into a left midfielder.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 02:12:09 AM »
:fpalm: Bale is a left back who's been turned into a left midfielder.

yeah that was pretty bad i hold my hands up to that one  :?:, i guess that comes from seeing him do all the work against Inter but i have no excuse.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 02:17:33 AM »
yeah that was pretty bad i hold my hands up to that one  :?:, i guess that comes from seeing him do all the work against Inter but i have no excuse.

We are all wrong sometimes-it takes a "man", to "stand up" and admit it  :thumbsup:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Bluelion

• Old At Heart
  • Oh, I paid the price...
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 11:43:06 PM »
Josh McEachran - Chelsea

Very similar to Jack Wilshere in many ways. From the glimpses I've seen he has amazing composure and confidence on the ball for a 17 year old and also appears to have a mature head on him, being content to play the sensible pass rather than trying to always force things. As a Chelsea fan it's very encouraging to see us giving youngsters more of a chance and he seems to be the brightest.
An empty shell seems so easy to crack.
Got all these questions.
Don't know who I could even ask.
So I'll just lie alone and wait for the dream.
Where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me.

Axl_Duff_87

• A Classic Case
  • "Ladies & Gentlemen...Tommy Fuckin' Stinson!"
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »
definitely that Jack Wilshere. seems like a proper English player

definitely him and Rodwell in the future for England.
╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
it don't really matter.

duff189

• Bedouin
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »
Matt jarvis has been in great form at Wolves, think we payed 600,000 for him from Gillingham, it's ashame he wasn't given a chance for England against France, why play Milner wide left, IMO Capello wassted a good opportunity 2 try out a few more up and coming players.

chezequerz

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 09:16:35 PM »
Matt jarvis has been in great form at Wolves, think we payed 600,000 for him from Gillingham, it's ashame he wasn't given a chance for England against France, why play Milner wide left, IMO Capello wassted a good opportunity 2 try out a few more up and coming players.

Milner pisses me off to be honest tends to ball hog and waste chances of a good cross. with city i feel we should have kept Ireland and left Milner. I wish we had gotten rid of Wright Phillips instead.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
Shock horror!! west country boy supports the worlds richest club.  :~
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2010, 12:19:11 AM »
Shock horror!! west country boy supports the worlds richest club.  :~

it's not that common. 9/10 people here are united fans. then it's like 0.6 of that last 1 are Liverpool fans and then 0.2 are chelsea and the remains are usually arsenal.

i don't know any other city fans in my area so i don't really understand the stereotype.