Please login or register. October 22, 2017, 01:05:52 PM

Author Topic: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.  (Read 15314 times)

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
Steven N'zonzi-Blackburn

21 year old holding midfielder, comfortable on the ball & tenacious and aggressive, N'zonzi was voted Blackburn player of the season in 09/10, in what was his debut year in the EPL.

Jack Rodwell-Everton

A prodigious talent. Rodwell has represented his country at Under-16, Under-17, Under-19 and Under 21 levels.
Up until 12 months ago the 19 year old was a centre half, however he's shown in the Everton first team that he can play as a holding midfielder and as an attacking midfielder.
in terms of technique only Mikel Arteta comes close within the everton squad. Jack is quite possibly the most technically accomplished English footballer there is.

Seamus Coleman-Everton

Signed for the princely sum of 60k in January 2009 from Sligo Rovers, the young Irish right back is a fantastic prospect, quite simply......going forward, devastating, but must improve his positional defensive play. This will come through experience. Enjoyed a successful loan period at Blackpool last season, helping The Tangerines to promotion. They've tried to get him on loan again.....not a chance!

Magaye Gueye-Everton
Can't really say much about this player, as we've only just signed the 19 year old for 900k, fantastic first touch, the word coming out of the Everton camp is that he's a prodigious talent who can play wide right, wide left, centre mid & centre forward. David Moyes is on record as saying (he could be) "our secret weapon"

Jack Wilshere-Arsenal
Fantastic technique, fantastic passer, hard working, committed in the tackle. What more could you want from a midfielder? Heir apparent to Fabregas.

Marc Albrighton-Aston Villa

20 year old winger whom Martin O' Neil holds in the highest regard. The word from the Villa camp, is that Stewart Downing & Ashley Young are gonna have to be in top form to prevent him from breaking into the Villa first team this season.
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
Re: YOUR players to watch out for over the coming seasons.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
Just young players?

Smalling at United - looks good, might get a few games with Rio's injury record.

Frimpong at Arsenal - looks a great player, a beast of a box to box player....if he can get a game.

Gibbs at Arsenal - fully expect him to push Clichy for his place, wouldnt surprise me if Clichy was sold next summer.

Nasri at Arsenal - not a unknown player but I see him having a cracking season. If he is played in the CM position he could replace Cesc when he leaves.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:55:58 PM »
Also, don't be surprised if Jermain Beckford sets the league on fire. Our players can't speak highly enough of him.

Although in saying that I'm not even sure if he's gonna be first choice. with Saha, Yakubu, Anichebe, Gueye, Beckford, Jao Silva and James Vaughan up front, we are spoiled for choice.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »
I feel Thomas Muller is just too obvious for this thread.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

Kusksu

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing Hernandez, looked ace in preseason :bow:
'I was in heaven
I was in hell
Believe in neither
But fear them as well!'

Modest Mouse - Doin The Cockroach

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:43 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing Hernandez, looked ace in preseason :bow:

Absolutely! although it may take a while for him to settle in. United have the best forward line in the country; Rooney, Berbatov, Owen(don't mention injuries, he was in the utd squad 42 times last season) Macheda & Hernandez.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:46:06 PM »
Absolutely! although it may take a while for him to settle in. United have the best forward line in the country; Rooney, Berbatov, Owen(don't mention injuries, he was in the utd squad 42 times last season) Macheda & Hernandez.

and that's the team before you mention Vidic, Ferdinand, Van Der Sar, Giggs, Ji-Sung and Anderson.

I could go on but the point i'm trying to make is that with the insanely good team rivaled only by maybe 4 or 5 globally (such as barcelona or buyern munchen) they should be doing so much better than they do.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

JLR

• A Classic Case
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »
Jack Rodwell and Jack Wilshere will be the standout young stars this season imo. Javier Hernandez will take a season to settle i think. He'll be good in 2011/2012.

But the two Jacks, i can see them being the future of Englands midfield.

Oh, and Blackburn's young centre-back Phil Jones. He looks quality.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:24:30 PM by JLR »

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
and that's the team before you mention Vidic, Ferdinand, Van Der Sar, Giggs, Ji-Sung and Anderson.

I could go on but the point i'm trying to make is that with the insanely good team rivaled only by maybe 4 or 5 globally (such as barcelona or buyern munchen) they should be doing so much better than they do.

They don't do that bad.

I wouldn't include Anderson in that list though, he's shite. Possibly even finished at utd, there was talk he was gonna be part of a deal to bring Ozil to Old Trafford. Guess his driving skills have put paid to that though.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:56 AM »
They don't do that bad.

I wouldn't include Anderson in that list though, he's shite. Possibly even finished at utd, there was talk he was gonna be part of a deal to bring Ozil to Old Trafford. Guess his driving skills have put paid to that though.

oh i know that but my point was more that with their line up in theory they should be top of the league consistently and in the top 3-5 globally.

the fact that they aren't suggests either they just don't work with each other as well as they could or that they have poor management, maybe even both.

they have the strongest line up they've had in a while but they're not using it to it's full potential.

Anderson has his moments and bare in mind the guy is only 22, barely out of being considered a junior, so with some shaping he'd be fantastic. But watching these clips i would say he not only has the potential but a fair degree of talent too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfZIsZf-to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukz9DPI3ouU&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:29:19 AM by chezequerz »

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
oh i know that but my point was more that with their line up in theory they should be top of the league consistently and in the top 3-5 globally.

the fact that they aren't suggests either they just don't work with each other as well as they could or that they have poor management, maybe even both.

they have the strongest line up they've had in a while but they're not using it to it's full potential.

Anderson has his moments and bare in mind the guy is only 22, barely out of being considered a junior, so with some shaping he'd be fantastic. But watching these clips i would say he not only has the potential but a fair degree of talent too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KfZIsZf-to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukz9DPI3ouU&feature=related

I would suggest they are in the top 3/5 teams in the world
2006/07 Champ's League Semi Finals-Premiership winners
2007/08 Champ's League winners-Premiership winners
2008/09 Champs League  Runners up-Premiership winners-World Club Championship winners
2009/10 Champs League Quarter Finals-Premiership runners up.

Not to mention the fact that they've Qualified for The Champ's League every season since 1996/97. And won 11 Premier League titles since its inception. To even entertain the notion that the club is poorly managed is absurd.

Anderson no doubt has talent, but so far he's failed to show the right mentality, and if anything he's gone backwards since joining utd. He may yet prove me wrong, but I get the impression he's just another playboy who's been given too much, too soon.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 01:45:36 AM »
I would suggest they are in the top 3/5 teams in the world
2006/07 Champ's League Semi Finals-Premiership winners
2007/08 Champ's League winners-Premiership winners
2008/09 Champs League  Runners up-Premiership winners-World Club Championship winners
2009/10 Champs League Quarter Finals-Premiership runners up.

Not to mention the fact that they've Qualified for The Champ's League every season since 1996/97. And won 11 Premier League titles since its inception. To even entertain the notion that the club is poorly managed is absurd.

Anderson no doubt has talent, but so far he's failed to show the right mentality, and if anything he's gone backwards since joining utd. He may yet prove me wrong, but I get the impression he's just another playboy who's been given too much, too soon.

that's a fair point, i threw in the leg room because i don't expect everyone to support them. I only threw it out there to suggest how they may improve, in my family even suggesting Sir Alex Ferguson is not fit to manage them if punishable by silent treatment  :lol: huge united fans in my family...me, i don't really enjoy English football i prefer international stuff a lot more.

Anderson should go back to Brazil, in his home country he's a bit of a nobody, throw him into juventus or corinthians and i think he may learn a little about proper football. England's division 1 members are very prone to becoming pussies who won't work for their salaries and to have a fear of putting themselves out, not all but some really do.

Either way if he's 22 he has a realistic 15 year career maybe even 18 if he's good and stays in shape, now he's shown he can play better than many newer players he would have to be a total tool to not expand on that.

But as i said above my favourite new player is Thomas Muller the man's great and only seems to get better. He really distinguished himself in the world cup, which was very impressive since he was scoring alongside Schweinstieger and Klose.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »
HALF TERM REPORT

Steven N'zonzi-Blackburn

21 year old holding midfielder, comfortable on the ball & tenacious and aggressive, N'zonzi was voted Blackburn player of the season in 09/10, in what was his debut year in the EPL.

Has continued his consistent and steady form from last season-not always first choice-but there's definitely more to come from this fella

Jack Rodwell-Everton

A prodigious talent. Rodwell has represented his country at Under-16, Under-17, Under-19 and Under 21 levels.
Up until 12 months ago the 19 year old was a centre half, however he's shown in the Everton first team that he can play as a holding midfielder and as an attacking midfielder.
in terms of technique only Mikel Arteta comes close within the everton squad. Jack is quite possibly the most technically accomplished English footballer there is.

Season so far has been blighted by injury-returned to the bench for saturdays game against Stoke. Played 60 minutes for the reserves on Wednesday, as talented as he is Jack just may find it hard to get a first choice spot in the team at the moment. Johnny Heitinga is back to full fitness, but the form of Jagielka & Distin at centre half means Johnny is playing the holding role in midfield-he showed promise in that position last season-if his performances keep improving like they have in the last few weeks it's gonna be hard to drop him.

Seamus Coleman-Everton

Signed for the princely sum of 60k in January 2009 from Sligo Rovers, the young Irish right back is a fantastic prospect, quite simply......going forward, devastating, but must improve his positional defensive play. This will come through experience. Enjoyed a successful loan period at Blackpool last season, helping The Tangerines to promotion. They've tried to get him on loan again.....not a chance!

Buy of the century? 60k! As I've previously stated- Seamus' long term future lie at Right Back, however his defensive positioning needs improving so due to his attacking ability Moyes has used him on the right wing-where he is marshalled , controlled and cajoled by Phil Neville

Here's what Ian Holloway had to say about him recently...

Ian Holloway has hailed his loan capture of Blues defender Seamus Coleman as one of the best decisions of his managerial career.

The Irish full-back spent the latter part of last season at Blackpool and ended up helping the Seasiders win promotion through the Championship play-offs at Wembley.

Since then Coleman has established himself as a first-team player at Goodison Park and, as Holloway prepares to welcome Coleman back to Bloomfield Road in the Premier League on Saturday, he has paid tribute to the impact the Irishman had during his short spell at the club.

Holloway, formerly manager of Bristol Rovers, QPR, Plymouth and Leicester, says the ex-Sligo player injected his side with fresh belief just at a time when their promotion bid needed a shot in the arm.

And the Bloomfield Road boss describes Coleman’s arrival as one of the major reasons behind his side winning promotion.

“Seamus Coleman is a wonderful young fella who will be a top quality attacking right-back in the Premier League,” said Holloway, who has overseen a return of 13 points from their first 10 games since moving up a level.

“He has thanked me for helping him in his loan spell at Blackpool last season, but it is me who should be thanking him because I don’t think he will ever fully realise how much he helped us.

“I had a situation where one of my players got injured and I needed some cover. I chose Seamus at Everton and we did a loan deal. It was one of the best things I did because he came in and added a new impetus and helped us go all the way to Wembley in the play-offs and win promotion.”

And Holloway, who has won many admirers so far this season for his openness and the equally expressive approach he brings to tactics, says he is a big fan of Coleman’s honest, attacking style.

“Seamus helped us achieve something we probably didn’t dream of and I just love the way he plays,” added Holloway. “He runs with the ball and has a great touch.

“I tried to get him back on loan this season but David Moyes said ‘no’ because Seamus would get in his first team. Typical Moyesey, he is a man of his word and put Seamus in. I saw Seamus create Tim Cahill’s goal in the Merseyside derby and I was really pleased for the lad.”

Magaye Gueye-Everton
Can't really say much about this player, as we've only just signed the 19 year old for 900k, fantastic first touch, the word coming out of the Everton camp is that he's a prodigious talent who can play wide right, wide left, centre mid & centre forward. David Moyes is on record as saying (he could be) "our secret weapon"

Despite Moyes building him up before the season-he's spent most of his time on the bench-Everton fans are still expecting big things from him in the future though.

Jack Wilshere-Arsenal
Fantastic technique, fantastic passer, hard working, committed in the tackle. What more could you want from a midfielder? Heir apparent to Fabregas.

Apart from a couple of awful tackles has thoroughl excelled

Marc Albrighton-Aston Villa

20 year old winger whom Martin O' Neil holds in the highest regard. The word from the Villa camp, is that Stewart Downing & Ashley Young are gonna have to be in top form to prevent him from breaking into the Villa first team this season.

As expected Albrighton is now a fixed part of the Villa squad, he's started 9 games this season-scoring one goal and creating 2-still only 20-if this guy played for Arsenal you would have heard a lot more about him
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
Neymar from Santos in Brazil him and Coutinho at Inter are two of the best young players around at least coming from Brazil anyway.

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 12:07:10 AM »
Is it too late to say Bale?  :lol:
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.