Please login or register. October 21, 2017, 04:15:55 AM

Author Topic: The Transfer Window.  (Read 68886 times)

jamiewarnock

• It Was A Long Time With Me
  • Mr Mojo Risin
Re: The Transfer Window.
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2010, 05:25:24 PM »
Rangers might clinch Jelivic at the start of next week   :D
29/8/10 - Guns N' Roses, Leeds Festival.
25/5/12 - Guns N' Roses, Glasgow SECC

I was there (:

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Martin O'Neill has resigned as Villa boss  :O :O :O :O

Must be over the Milner transfer & Young has been linked with a move from the club also. Pity, he has done a good job but he must have got sick of the board selling all his best players (Barry last season).
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

chezequerz

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2010, 09:06:27 PM »

there's nobody better than Mikel Arteta, he's the best little Spaniard we knowwww

except Xavi, Torres, Casillas, Puyol, Iniesta, Villa, Fabregas, Pique, Alonso and Ramos...to name a few lol.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
except Xavi, Torres, Casillas, Puyol, Iniesta, Villa, Fabregas, Pique, Alonso and Ramos...to name a few lol.

That's open to debate! Barcelona, Arsenal & Manchester City all wanted him this summer. City actually asked us to name our price! That's why the Milner deal has stalled! because they wanted Arteta, now Mikel has signed, The deal for Milner is prob gonna happen 'soon'.

It's not Mikels fault the spain squad is so deep, and half the players you mentioned could not do mikels job any better than he could do theirs. I mean...are you seriously comparing a goalkeeper to a midfielder? And that's just one example.

Mikel is super talented, and anybody who watches English football will tell you he's a top, top, player.

And if I wanted to be factual about the actual song. I'd just state that we don't "know" any of the others.
Everton is a family, Mikel is one of us! that's why he's playing for us still when he could have earned an extra 30k a week at Man City.
He's not just the best little Spaniard we know, he's the only Spaniard we know! But he's still world class.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:53:52 PM by jplpool »
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2010, 07:34:22 AM »
That's open to debate! Barcelona, Arsenal & Manchester City all wanted him this summer. City actually asked us to name our price! That's why the Milner deal has stalled! because they wanted Arteta, now Mikel has signed, The deal for Milner is prob gonna happen 'soon'.

It's not Mikels fault the spain squad is so deep, and half the players you mentioned could not do mikels job any better than he could do theirs. I mean...are you seriously comparing a goalkeeper to a midfielder? And that's just one example.

Mikel is super talented, and anybody who watches English football will tell you he's a top, top, player.

And if I wanted to be factual about the actual song. I'd just state that we don't "know" any of the others.
Everton is a family, Mikel is one of us! that's why he's playing for us still when he could have earned an extra 30k a week at Man City.
He's not just the best little Spaniard we know, he's the only Spaniard we know! But he's still world class.

easy dude, was just pointing out when you said he's the best spaniard we know that there are spanish players out there that would rank higher and are probably better players in general.

in regards to positions i don't remember you saying "best midfielder we know" so you left the gate open on that one.
Apparently a new Amy Winehouse 'Greatest Hits' collection is coming out, but the tinfoil and spoons aren't included.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
Gareth Southgate is interested in the Villa job.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He can be as interested as he likes but if he gets that I will piss my pants.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »
Oh god, I'd love him to get the job just to see his squirming post-match interviews on MotD again :giggle:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2010, 02:16:09 PM »
easy dude, was just pointing out when you said he's the best spaniard we know that there are spanish players out there that would rank higher and are probably better players in general.

in regards to positions i don't remember you saying "best midfielder we know" so you left the gate open on that one.

Like I say that's open to debate. there's only 4 Spanish players who are as technically accomplished as Arteta. unfortunately for Mikel, they all play his position(Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso & Fabregas) Mikel would not only get in the squad, of any other European team, he would be first choice. Even the Spain coach admitted that Arteta would have been given a chance, if he had not been injured for so much of last season(it was just 1 serious injury)

You miss the point on the song, it's about the ONLY Spaniard WE know. It's sung by 40,000 Evertonians whenever Mikel does something special or is about to take a free kick or a corner.
 :tongue:

I've been thinking Chez. you openly admire German football....Well... ..The Premier League has more financial might, than other European Leagues, because it has more T.V viewers.

I know you're not fond of English club football, so you should lend your support to the Bundesliga & start supporting a German club side.  :ninja:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

chezequerz

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »
Like I say that's open to debate. there's only 4 Spanish players who are as technically accomplished as Arteta. unfortunately for Mikel, they all play his position(Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso & Fabregas) Mikel would not only get in the squad, of any other European team, he would be first choice. Even the Spain coach admitted that Arteta would have been given a chance, if he had not been injured for so much of last season(it was just 1 serious injury)

that's fair to point out Spain definitely is doing well recently

You miss the point on the song, it's about the ONLY Spaniard WE know. It's sung by 40,000 Evertonians whenever Mikel does something special or is about to take a free kick or a corner.
 :tongue:

didn't realise it was a song lol

I've been thinking Chez. you openly admire German football....Well... ..The Premier League has more financial might, than other European Leagues, because it has more T.V viewers.

yeah it's no secret, there was a time when that was different but as i said i grew to hate it and what it stood for especially in my local area.

I know you're not fond of English club football, so you should lend your support to the Bundesliga & start supporting a German club side.  :ninja:

i would support Bayern Munchen, they have such a fantastic line up with Van Bommel, Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Olic and Butt despite being 7th in their country those are some fantastic players to watch.

i have an equal respect for Brazil but there are no good players left in Brazilian teams any more  :disgust:

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2010, 04:25:28 PM »
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
Chelsea have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for Carvalho.

SHIT.....Where's their squad going? Cole, Ballack, Deco & now Carvalho.

:lol:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2010, 11:57:49 AM »
They have replaced Cole & Ballack, but Carvalho is a big loss  :O

I read they only got 7 million for him, I know he is 32 but he must have really wanted out.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »
They have replaced Cole & Ballack

With whom exactly? Benayoun?  :lol:
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2010, 12:08:28 PM »
With whom exactly? Benayoun?  :lol:

Ya, Benayoun for Cole & Ramirez for Ballack.

I think Benayoun is a good player, always done damage to Arsenal whenever we played the pool. Technically he is good, much better goal ratio than Cole and he has 2 decents knees. He will do a job for Chelsea for a couple seasons.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2010, 12:13:07 PM »
Ya, Benayoun for Cole & Ramirez for Ballack.

I think Benayoun is a good player, always done damage to Arsenal whenever we played the pool. Technically he is good, much better goal ratio than Cole and he has 2 decents knees. He will do a job for Chelsea for a couple seasons.

Well only one of them players is a proven half decent player in the 'Prem'

What about Ballack? he was a cornerstone in last years team.....Chelsea are finished  :ninja: Mark my words....I tipped them for the title last season.

Mourinhos squad is fast fucking off!
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH