Please login or register. August 19, 2017, 11:14:31 PM

Author Topic: The Transfer Window.  (Read 68130 times)

JLR

• A Classic Case
Re: The Transfer Window.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 09:05:26 AM »
Apparently Francis Jeffers is having a trial with Blackpool..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
Apparently Francis Jeffers is having a trial with Blackpool..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

haha......get on this.......
                                                 apps                   gls
1998–2001   Everton                     49                    (18)
2001–2004   Arsenal                     22                     (4)
2003–2004   → Everton (loan)             18                     (0)
2004–2006   Charlton Athletic             20                       (3)
2005   → Rangers (loan)                    8                      (0)
2006–2007   Blackburn Rovers             10                      (0)
2007   → Ipswich Town (loan)              9                  (4)
2007–2010   Sheffield Wednesday     54                      (5)
National team‡
1999–2001   England U21              16                (13)
2003   England                               1                       (1)
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 02:41:06 PM »
Joe Cole has signed for Liverpool.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »
Poor Liverpool, imo a bad signing. Chelsea wouldnt pay him what he wanted, he is only after the money. After all they have seen him train everyday for the last year, and didnt think he was worth it. Europa League is hardly appealling too.

He is a good player but has a woeful injury record and he is 28. By the end of his contract he will be 32, I cant see Cole still being around at 32 at a top club. Chelsea & Liverpool have basically done a swap with Benayoun, might have been signed to keep Gerrard at the club.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »
Martin Jol's move to manage Fulham from Ajax is now in doubt.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »
One of the Premier League's major clubs has joined the chase for Nice ace Loic Remy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

West Ham have had a bid rejected for this guy and Liverpool have said they are also interested in signing him. Wenger has said he is a big fan of him and is believed to have failed in a bid to sign him last January. With Eduardo rumoured to have passed a medical with Shaktar Doneskt yesterday maybe its Arsenal, but I doubt it. May well be Spurs or City.

Axl_Duff_87

• A Classic Case
  • "Ladies & Gentlemen...Tommy Fuckin' Stinson!"
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
personally, i'm made up with Joe Cole, at least we're moving forward and not buying no marks like Ngog

Cole turned down champions league football, so fair play to him  :thumbsup:
╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
it don't really matter.

the_relic

• All Geared Up
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 07:27:20 PM »
I. Do. Not. Know. What. This. Is. All. About.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 01:32:29 PM »
Manchester City are in talks to sign Brazil's £30m-rated World Cup midfielder Ramires from Benfica after a deal for Aston Villa's James Milner stalled.

City are confident of clinching the £23m signing of Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli to take their summer spending towards the £100m mark.

But Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic will reject Manchester City to stay at Spanish champions Barcelona.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is back on the trail of Werder Bremen's German World Cup star Mezut Ozil. Ferguson missed out on signing midfielder Ozil as a teenager.

Chelsea have had a £16.9m offer for 18-year-old Brazilian forward Neymar turned down by Santos.

Blues chairman Bruce Buck has warned left-back Ashley Cole against a summer move to Real Madrid.

Barcelona star Xavi has warned Arsenal they only have midfielder Cesc Fabregas "on loan" and that the Gunners captain will eventually return to the Nou Camp, where he started his career.

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has been offered a player-coach role to join Arsenal.

Liverpool want to sell David Ngog for £6m as they try to raise funds for new signings.

Tottenham striker Roman Pavlyuchenko is on the verge of a season-long switch to Portuguese side Sporting Lisbon.

Spurs are at the head of the queue to sign Real Madrid striker Raul, who is available on a free transfer.

West Ham are set to finalise a move for Lyon defender Francois Clerc, who is available on a free transfer having seen out his contract with the French club.

But Tal Ben-Haim's proposed move to West Ham and a reunion with former Portsmouth manager Avram Grant is on the verge of collapse after the defender failed a medical.

And Nice have rejected the Hammers' £12.5m bid for Loic Remy as the London club battle with Liverpool and another unnamed Premier League side to sign the striker.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is plotting a raid on former club Chelsea to sign defender Ricardo Carvalho, who he brought to Stamford Bridge from another of his former clubs Porto in 2004.

Wolves, West Ham and Blackburn are locked in three-way tussle to sign striker Benjani, who is a free agent after leaving Manchester City.

Wolfsburg boss Steve McClaren has failed in an attempt to take Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy to Germany on loan.

Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra has committed himself to the Spanish, club despite an approach from Newcastle.

Wigan centre-back Titus Bramble is set to complete a £1m move to Sunderland, where he will be reunited with ex-Latics boss Steve Bruce.

Everton striker Lukas Jutkiewicz is joining Coventry City on loan.

Blackpool are leading the race to sign former West Brom midfielder Robert Koren on a free transfer.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has confirmed that Portsmouth goalkeeper David James is high on his list of targets to replace Artur Boruc, who has joined Fiorentina.

Justin5150

• NewGNR Crew!
  • I'm going to mod all over your tits
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 11:12:09 PM »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leeds manager Justin Sammon looks to bolster his defence for the upcoming FIFA-10 season by buying the defender Ricardo Carvalho from Chelsea. (Sun)
LEAVE IT OUH!!!

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
Haha. Fuck The Sun. Haha
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

mothergoose

• Man Of Wealth And Taste
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 11:59:52 PM »
I really hope Celtic grab Bellamy or at least, Keane.

JLR

• A Classic Case
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »
Why the fuck do Tottenham want to get rid of Pavlyuchenko? He was a beast in front of goal towards the end of last season and he looks like he's finally adapted to the Premiership. If he started up front with Defoe this season, i reckon he could get 15-20 goals.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »
Sol Campbell signs 1 year deal with Newcastle. I wonder what Bumble makes of this  :hmpf.

I wanted him to stay at Arsenal, I think he is a good back up and know's how to organise the backline. Arsenal are fucked unless they sign at least one defender. That would still only leave them with 4 centre backs and no new keeper  :fpalm:.

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:41 PM »
Not transfer news but may be of interest to some people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool have witnessed a twist in their takeover saga after the emergance of reports that a consortium of Arab and Canadian businessmen are in advanced discussions with the Premier League club.

Kenny Huang was thought to be in pole position to buyout American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks at Anfield, and Sky Sports News reported on Tuesday that the Chinese tycoon had made a formal offer.

But now a group containing investors from the Middle East and Canada, fronted by former Syria international Yahya Kirdi, are said to be finalising a purchase price, repayment of debt and financing for Liverpool's planned new stadium in Stanley Park.

Co-owner Gillett is understood to have introduced Kirdi, a Unicef representative, to senior Anfield staff and the Royal Bank of Scotland, to which the club owes a reported £250million.

Sky Sports News have quoted Kirdi as saying: "Liverpool is a massive football club with passionate and proud fans in Merseyside and in every part of the world.

"With additional money to improve the squad and financing in place to build the new stadium, Liverpool will be on a solid foundation to compete in the Premiership and in Europe for years to come."

Gillett and Hicks put Liverpool up for sale in May and appointed Martin Broughton as chairman to oversee the process and Barclays Capital has been hired to assist.