Please login or register. August 19, 2017, 11:16:00 PM

Author Topic: The Transfer Window.  (Read 68131 times)

rds.06

• Gets More Pussy Than Mick Wall
  • "I'm Melting"
Re: The Transfer Window.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 10:22:17 AM »
I'm expecting the transfer window to really kick off after Sunday.
clean your ears...Nickelback's guitar work is awesome.

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »
Apparently Arsenal are considering a £20 million bid for Ozil :thumbsup:
I think it is high time for a bit of class around here, don't you?

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »
Tbh I don't buy it, Wenger said he wont buy anyone based upon there showing at the WC. With Cesc likely to leave we will be linked with everyone before the window closes. I would take him but he only has 12 months left on his contract, massive battle for him next summer if he runs that down.

And stay away from Sol Campbell pawn, I want him to stay at Arsenal  :tongue:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:49:47 PM by rds.06 »

Kusksu

• It Was A Long Time With Me
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »
I'm looking forward to next year, as a united support i think we do need a signing or two. Ozil would be great. But we already signed Hernandez who was pretty impressive for mexico
'I was in heaven
I was in hell
Believe in neither
But fear them as well!'

Modest Mouse - Doin The Cockroach

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
Arsenal have also just paid £10 million for a French defender whose name escapes me :shy:

rds.06

• "I'm Melting"
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2010, 03:05:59 PM »
I cant spell it either. Hope he is a gem but he could be the new Cygan  :smirk:.

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
Arsenal

Arsenal will battle it out with Liverpool and Tottenham to sign out-of-favour Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips for a cut-price £6 million. (Sun)

Gael Clichy has been shortlisted by Juventus as a possible signing if Fabio Grosso leaves the club. (Times)

Arsene Wenger is considering offloading Eduardo da Silva to Olympiacos. (Times)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa

Aston Villa are set to make a bid for West Ham midfielder Scott Parker. (Sun)

Martin O'Neill is in the hunt for Wigan Athletic striker Hugo Rodallega. (Clubcall.com)

Birmingham City

Alex McLeish is desperate to sign Wigan's £15-million-rated Charles N'Zogbia. (Times)

Birmingham City could resurrect their interest in Sunderland midfielder Kieran Richardson, after initially trying to sign the midfielder for £6 million in January. (Times)

Birmingham are keen on signing Marseille's £5.5-million-rated Ghana winger Andre Ayew. (Mail)

Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn are still in with a chance of signing Real Madrid's Raul, after his agent denied a move to Schalke had been finalised. (Clubcall.com)

Sam Allardyce is keen on signing Rapid Vienna's £4-million-rated Croatian striker Nikica Jelavic, but may have to wait for a potential take-over of Blackburn to happen before bidding. (Mirror)

Blackburn set to offer Portsmouth striker David Nugent a Premier league lifeline by taking him to Ewood Park. (Goal.com)

Blackpool

Ian Holloway wants to sign former Manchester City and Charlton goalkeeper Nicky Weaver. (Mail)

Tottenham look set to loan out young midfielder Danny Rose, with Blackpool one of the likely destinations. (Sun)

Bolton Wanderers

Bolton are set to battle it out with Blackburn for the signature of Portsmouth striker David Nugent. (Clubcall.com)

Owen Coyle is closing in on Real Madrid's Marcos Alonso and Rodrigo Moreno for a combined fee of £5 million. (Sun)

Chelsea

Chelsea have signed Tomas Kalas from Sigma Olomouc, although the 17-year-old defender will stay on loan at the Czech club next season. (Mail)

Mesut Özil has hinted he would consider a move to England, with Chelsea and Manchester United the preferred destinations. (Sun)

Ashley Cole is contemplating a move abroad in an attempt to escape the media spotlight, with Real Madrid a possible destination. (Times)

Everton

Everton are interested in signing Matt Taylor from Bolton, after the midfielder revealed he is looking to leave the Reebok. (Clubcall.com)

England Under-21 striker Dan Gosling has left Everton on a free transfer, after the Premier League ruled he was free to quit over an administrative mistake. (Mirror)

David Moyes has made a last-ditch bid to sign Pumas Mexico winger Pablo Barrera. (Times)

Fulham

Fulham are thought to be in negotiations to sign Portuguese defender Miguel from Valencia. (Sky Sports)

Fulham are set to miss out on Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell who looks like he will join West Ham United. (Mail)

They will also lose out to the signing of Frederic Piquionne with West Ham his likely destination. (Sun)

Liverpool

Roy Hodgson will bid for Wigan's Maynor Figueroa - if he can offload left-back Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina for £5m. (Mirror)

Rafael Benitez hopes his close relationship with Javier Mascherano will convince to Argentina midfielder to leave Anfield and join him at Inter Milan. (Star)

Liverpool will battle it out with London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham to sign out-of-favour Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips for £6 million. (Sun)

Manchester City

Manchester City are vying with Manchester United for the right to sign livewire Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli for £30 million. (Sun)

Martin O'Neill is ready to strike a £30-million deal with Manchester City for James Milner. (Star)

Manchester City have been linked with a £16.5-million move for Cologne's Germany international forward Lukas Podolski. (Mail)

Manchester United

Manchester United have made a £29-million bid for Holland's World Cup star midfielder Wesley Sneijder. (Mail)

Manchester United will go head-to-head with Manchester City in a race to capture Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan for £30 million. (Sun)

Mesut Özil has hinted he would consider a move to England, with Manchester United and Chelsea the preferred destinations. (Sun)

Newcastle

Newcastle are weighing up a move for Feyenoord midfielder Jonathan de Guzman. (Sun)

Newcastle are thought to be leading the race to sign Birmingham City striker James McFadden who could be on his way from St Andrew's. (Clubcall.com)

Newcastle target Dan Gosling has left Everton on a free transfer, after the Premier League ruled he was free to quit over an administrative mistake. (Mirror)

Stoke City

Stoke defender Carl Dickinson is ready to leave the club to go in search of regular first-team football. (Sky Sports)

Tony Pulis target Joe Ledley has snubbed a move to the Potteries in favour of a move to Celtic. (Mirror)

Stoke midfielder Michael Tonge has admitted his future lies away from the Britannia Stadium. (Mail)

Sunderland

Sunderland have entered the race for Rennes' £7m-rated striker Asamoah Gyan. (Mail)

Monaco are considering making a bid for Lyons' John Mensah, who had been expected to make last season's loan move to Sunderland permanent. (Times)

Steve Bruce is hoping to strike a deal with AC Milan to bring their young Ghanaian striker Dominic Adiyiah to the Stadium of Light on a season-long loan. (Mail)

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham will battle it out with Arsenal and Liverpool to sign out-of-favour Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips in a cut-price £6-million deal. (Sun)

Monaco's Eidur Gudjohnsen is set to complete another loan move to Tottenham. (Sun)

Celtic are hoping to bring Tottenham striker Robbie Keane back to Scotland in another loan deal. (Clubcall.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------

West Ham United

West Ham are in talks with Vitesse Arnhem to sign Piet Velthuizen as back-up for Robert Green. (Times)

Avram Grant target Dan Gosling has left Everton on a free transfer, after the Premier League ruled he was free to quit over an administrative mistake. (Mirror)

West Ham have made an offer for Napoli's Matteo Contini who fell out of favour at the San Paolo last season. (Times)

West Bromwich Albion

Roberto Di Matteo has been offered the chance to take Hamburg's highly-rated striker Marcus Berg on loan for a year. Times)

Liverpool are considering allowing striker David Ngog to join West Brom on a season long loan. (Clubcall.com)

Villarreal and Sevilla are battling it out for the signature of West Brom's £6.5-million rated central midfielder Borja Valero. (Times)

Wigan Athletic

Wigan striker Tomasz Kupisz has left the DW Stadium for a return to his native Poland with Jagiella Bialystok. (Times)

Portsmouth left-back Lenny Sowah has turned down a move to Wigan in favour of a move to Hamburg. (Mirror)

Former Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant has being offered to Wigan by his Spanish club Real Zaragoza. (Mail)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves are preparing to table a £4-million bid for Chelsea defender Michael Mancienne, who has already enjoyed two loan spells at Molineux. (Sun)

Mick McCarthy has held talks with Zimbabwe striker Benjani Mwaruwari, who left Manchester City on a free transfer this summer. (Times)

Wolves have rejected the opportunity to sign Real Zaragoza's out-of-favour winger Jermaine Pennant. (Mail)
I hope, I do not wait.

Does somebody torture you whilst force feeding you Chinese Democracy!?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 10:40:08 AM »
Why is this thread only about English transfers?

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 10:44:13 AM »
It's about whatever anybody posts. I'd personally welcome 'foreign' transfer news.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Johan!

• NewGNR Crew!
  • The Theory of Everything
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 10:49:41 AM »
Wesley Sneijder wants to remain with Inter Milan

Highlights - Uruguay 2-3 Netherlands

Netherlands midfielder Wesley Sneijder wants to extend his contract with Inter Milan beyond its 2013 expiry date.
Sneijder, who has been linked with a £25m move to Manchester United, helped Inter win the treble last season.
He said: "I'm not surprised by the interest because I've been playing well but my intention is to stay at Inter.
"I want to talk to them about extending my contract," added the 26-year-old who has starred in Netherlands' progress to their first World Cup final on Sunday.
Sneidjer is due to get married after the final against Spain before returning to Inter, where he will link up with the club's new manager Rafael Benitez, who succeeded Jose Mourinho after the Portuguese coach took over at Real Madrid.

"I have a very good feeling at Inter and I don't want to let them down after winning everything and losing Mourinho," said Sneijder, whose contract with the Italian club runs until June 2013.
"My goal is to be as successful this year [as I was last year] with the new coach."

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
Chelsea are lining up a £30 million move for Livepool and Spain striker Fernando Torres.Roberto Mancini is considering a £20 million swoop for Chelsea's Didier Drogba.

Felipe Melo could be on his way to Arsenal after Juventus say they are open to offers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal

Barcelona admit they will have to sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic before they can try and sign Cesc Fabregas. (Star)

Arsene Wenger is planning a £4 million swoop for Algerian defender Rafik Halliche from Benfica. (Sun)

Arsenal have been alerted to the news that Juventus are ready to listen to offers for midfielder Felipe Melo. (Times)

Bolton defender Gary Cahill has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal. (Teamtalk.com)

Aston Villa

Aston Villa could agree to sell James Milner to Manchester City if they can get a player in part-exchange. (Mirror)

Birmingham City

Birmingham have approached Sunderland about Ricky Sbragia replacing Roy Aitken as assistant manager and first-team coach. (Guardian)

Blackburn Rovers

Sam Allardyce is getting ready to launch a bid for Mexico and Tottenham striker Giovani dos Santos. (Sun)

Blackpool

Ian Holloway wants to sign goalkeeper Andy Lonergan from rivals Preston North End. (Mail)

Blackpool are also looking at Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper who is worth £2.5 million (Sun)

Bolton Wanderers

Sean Davis hopes manager Owen Coyle can convince Arsenal to let Jack Wilshere return on loan to the Reebok stadium. (tribalfootball.com)

Gary Cahill could be on is way to Arsenal. (Teamtalk.com)

Chelsea

Chelsea are planning to make a £30 million bid for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres (Star)

Didier Drogba could be on his way to Manchester City for £20 million. (Sun)

Carlo Ancelotti looks like he will miss out on Holland defender Gregory Van der Wiel with Bayern Munich set to complete a £14 million deal. (Sun)

Everton

Tottenham Hotspur are planning to try and tempt Steven Pienaar away from Goodison Park. (Sun)

Fulham

Sven-Goran Eriksson is leading the race to become the new Fulham manager. (Ealing Gazette)

Liverpool

Chelsea are preparing a £30 million move for Fernando Torres. (Star)

Roy Hodgson will try and sign Wigan's Maynor Figueroa if he can sell Emiliano Insua. (Mirror)

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Milan Jovanovic after the Serbia striker was granted a work permit. (Times)

Manchester City

Manchester City's latest targeted striker is Chelsea's Didier Drogba and they're set to make a £20 million offer. (Sun)

Roberto Mancini is also lining up a surprise move for former Arsenal goalkeeper Richard Wright who is available on a free transfer. (Sun)

City have rejected a £16.7 million offer from Besiktas for Robinho. (Mail)

Aston Villa could agree to sell James Milner if they get a Manchester City player in part-exchange. (Mirror)

Real Sociedad want to take Jo on loan. (Times)

Manchester United

Wesley Sneijder says he will turn down a £29 million move to Manchester United. (Mail)

Sir Alex Ferguson will now turn his attention to Weder Bremen midfielder Mesut Ozil who is valued at £25 million. (Express)

Newcastle

Newcastle United have been holding talks with Dan Gosling who is a free agent having left Everton but they face competition from West Ham. (Times)

Stoke City

Stoke City have signed Belgium youth international midfielder Florent Cuvelier on a two-year deal from Portsmouth. (Mail)

New Leicester City manager Paulo Sousa wants to sign Amdy Faye. (Mail)

Sunderland

Club captain Lorik Cana has made a surprise move to Turkish club Galatasaray in a £5 million deal for family reasons. (Times)

Sunderland are planning to sign Sol Campbell whose proposed move to Celtic fell through. (Star)

Steve Bruce wants Ghana defender John Mensah back on loan for the new season. (Sun)

Tottenham Hotspur

Harry Redknapp is set to launch a new bid to sign Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar. (Sun)

Tottenham have ruled out Robbie Keane making a loan return to Celtic, (Sky Sports)

-------------------------------------------------------------

West Ham United

West Ham United's latest bid of £5.5m for West Brom midfielder Graham Dorrans has been rejected. (Mail)

Avram Grant is confident of signing Mexico international Pablo Barrera for £2.5 million (Times)

However, West Ham's £1 million bid for Frédéric Piquionne has been rejected by Lyon. (Times)

West Ham could also miss out on Dan Gosling who has been having talks with Newcastle United. (Times)

West Bromwich Albion

West Brom have rejected an improved offer of £5.5 million from West Ham for Graham Dorrans. (Mail)

Wigan Athletic

Paraguay defender Antolin Alcaraz is threatening to pull out of a move to Wigan saying his World Cup performances have attracted interest from bigger clubs. (Mail)

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Mick McCarthy wants to reunite Andrew Keogh with Doncaster striker Billy Sharp, who as a pairing with Scunthorpe scored 39 goals in 2006. (Sun)
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 08:07:30 PM »
Burnley winger Chris Eagles has turned down the chance to join SPL champions Rangers after the clubs agreed a fee.

Gers were keen to add the former Manchester United winger to Walter Smith's squad following a host of departures from Ibrox this summer.

The clubs thrashed out a 'substantial' fee for the 24-year-old, but the talented playmaker was unable to agree personal terms.

He toured Ibrox and visited the Gers' Murray Park training ground on Wednesday and held discussions with Smith and chief executive Martin Bain.

"Chris Eagles has tonight (Thursday) decided that a move to Rangers is not in his best interests," read a statement on the club's official website.

Eagles will now join his Championship team-mates on their tour of Singapore next week.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

pawnshop-guitars

• NewGNR Crew!
  • Very Old At Heart
  • Time for a gin?
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA unlucky Gers. Maybe wait another 24 months and you'll be able to sign a player ;)

jamiewarnock

• It Was A Long Time With Me
  • Mr Mojo Risin
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »
Fml.
29/8/10 - Guns N' Roses, Leeds Festival.
25/5/12 - Guns N' Roses, Glasgow SECC

I was there (:

jplpool

• Old At Heart
  • niño azul el artillero
    • Soldier Of Fortune
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
:
Reports in Spain suggest Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is to turn his attentions to AC Milan's Thiago Motta as he continues to hunt down a world-class centre-half. It is also believed that Real have cooled their interest in Inter Milan full-back Maicon after being informed of Inter's valuation.

Diego Milito is confident his fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano will soon be joining him at Inter Milan.

Despite Arsene Wenger's hopes that the all talk over Cesc Fabregas'  future would die down, Barcelona captain Carles Puyol has insisted that the midfielder is determined to move to Camp Nou

Sir Alex Ferguson has publicly backed Dimitar Berbatov, with reports once again suggesting that the striker could be on his way out of Manchester United this summer

Various reports suggest that Sol Campbell  - who celebrated his wedding on Saturday - has agreed to join Newcastle this summer and will be handed the captain's armband at St James' Park.

Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is said to be planning a triple raid on Merseyside as he aims to bring Liverpool duo Javier Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt, plus Everton's Steven Pienaar to Inter Milan.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is reported to have made Germany captain Philipp Lahm his top transfer target and is ready to offer striker Dimitar Berbatov to Bayern Munich as part of the deal.

England midfielder Joe Cole continues to be strongly linked with a move to Liverpool this summer, with reports suggesting the Reds are ready to offer the free agent a £90,000-a-week wage packet.
I hope, I do not wait.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH